Sign in to follow this  
MarcG

VR coming to everyone in Sim Update #2

On 11/26/2020 at 4:54 AM, blueshark747 said:

I wanna give kudos to all of the VR folks here who have been super vocal and have fought the good fight for December 22 to happen!

Victory is ours!!!!!!

v8096om4yhi51.jpg

Your welcome! 

• Like 2

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

On 11/25/2020 at 4:05 PM, peppy197 said:

I saw a couple 3090 available on Newegg.ca for 3250 and 3700 Cdn today but did not bite as too expensive still, RIPPPOFF

https://www.newegg.ca/evga-geforce-rtx-3090-24g-p5-3987-kr/p/N82E16814487526?Description=3090&cm_re=3090-_-14-487-526-_-Product

I wonder how well the half resolution mode of the Reverb G2 will work in MSFS?  I know it isn't ideal for instrument clarity, but if G2 half resolution is better than Rift S for example and the frames are much better, I can hold onto my 1070ti until the 3080ti is widely available.  That's the card I really want.

That is what I call a christmas gift to the VR Community from Asobo. 😄

• Like 1

Im really curious about controllers on msfs 2020 VR. I hope there is an option to manage al buttons and joysticks like X-plane, only with vr controllers. For me, the easiest and comfortable option.

9 hours ago, zry said:

Im really curious about controllers on msfs 2020 VR. I hope there is an option to manage al buttons and joysticks like X-plane, only with vr controllers. For me, the easiest and comfortable option.

I prefer LeapMotion hand tech with unmapped yoke,throttle,rudder interactions, but its something that has died over from the software dev implementation side.

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

18 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

I prefer LeapMotion hand tech with unmapped yoke,throttle,rudder interactions, but its something that has died over from the software dev implementation side.

yes i used leap motion a few years ago glued to my htc vive, i thought this is the future,

but like you said it died, i dont know why...

Today best use in VR sim beside the real yoke & throttle is still the mouse, nothing is faster.

I miss the leap motion.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nedo68 said:

yes i used leap motion a few years ago glued to my htc vive, i thought this is the future,

but like you said it died, i dont know why...

Today best use in VR sim beside the real yoke & throttle is still the mouse, nothing is faster.

I miss the leap motion.

Flyinside put alot of focus into LeapMotion integration with tons of customization options.

I still have the LeapMotion glued to my Rift S.

As for a interaction pointer, Flyinside gave us the blue dot pointer that I mapped to my T16000M's trigger.

Flyinside honestly didn't get enough credit and recognition for their work in VR.

I noticed not too long ago they even included a button, knob, lever instrument interaction annotator program that allows you bring up and to map VR interaction methods with virtual cockpit controls. 

Even though their VR injector did a really nice job of automatically adapting virtual cockpit interaction and implementing everything in stereoscopic 3D quite well. With several 2d aircraft that were made a decade ago that were never even designed with VR in mind.

Pretty freakin impressive tech if you ask me. As I enjoyed tons of 2d aircraft payware/freeware in VR because of them.

I'm hoping Asobo implements something better...and not just pointer interaction with a VR HMDs native Touch Controller.(I hate using VR controllers along with my yoke and throttle setup)

Edited by blueshark747
  • Upvote 2

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

16 hours ago, blueshark747 said:

I'm hoping Asobo implements something better...and not just pointer interaction with a VR HMDs native Touch Controller.(I hate using VR controllers along with my yoke and throttle setup)

I assume Asobo will at least allow us to use the mouse to interact with menus and cockpits.  It works fantastically in DCS VR (and relatively well in XP11) so I would be amazed if this was not an option in MSFS.  I also hate using VR controllers alongside my HOTAS setup

what do you think, will an i7 8700K with a 3080 (if I can get my hands on one) run VR on the Reverb G2 with good FPS and high settings? Or is my CPU the limit here?

5 hours ago, PlumCrazy said:

I assume Asobo will at least allow us to use the mouse to interact with menus and cockpits.  It works fantastically in DCS VR (and relatively well in XP11) so I would be amazed if this was not an option in MSFS.  I also hate using VR controllers alongside my HOTAS setup

You like using a mouse?

I find it cumbersome when quick action is needed during take off/approach scrolling a mouse arrow over a button,knob,lever.

How could that possibly be effective and not get you killed in DCS during intense critical combat scenarios?

32GB DDR4 3000 Ram

27 minutes ago, blueshark747 said:

How could that possibly be effective and not get you killed in DCS during intense critical combat scenarios?

well we are in MSFS and not DCS 😉 but i understand your point, i use real Yoke and Throttle in VR and they have enough buttons i can find blind, but at some point during the flight i like to use the mouse for openening maps,

or press some keys for entering numbers ect. with the mouse its done much faster in VR then picking up a VR controller and aiming for a button, but thats just my own experience.

• Like 1

Anyone tried this yet? It looks like the most useful stopgap until VR hands work well

https://pointctrl.com

• Like 3

Varjo Aero, Zotac 3090, i9-12900K, 32GB Ram, RX Viper Rudder Pedals, AuthentiKit Controls + Fulcrum Yoke

atk-logo-354.jpg

On 11/30/2020 at 11:44 AM, Spit40 said:

Anyone tried this yet? It looks like the most useful stopgap until VR hands work well

https://pointctrl.com

That's what I'm waiting for...hand tracking VR. I have the oculus rift so will wait for it to be compatible...then will switch to a G2. Hand tracking VR will be the ultimate flying experience!

On 11/30/2020 at 2:03 PM, blueshark747 said:

You like using a mouse?

I find it cumbersome when quick action is needed during take off/approach scrolling a mouse arrow over a button,knob,lever.

Anything that I might need to quickly access during things like takeoff and approach are mapped to my Warthog HOTAS.  I fail to see how reaching for a hand controller would be quicker, easier or more precise....