Sign in to follow this  
Epgd

Clouds are very pixelated and grainy - Asobo listen please

21 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

You SIR are a genius! Thank you for fixing my clouds.

8UuyHea.png

Jose

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

On 11/26/2020 at 6:08 PM, janda said:

I wonder why nobody talk about it here....

The clouds after patch 6 are unacceptable, they looked very nice and on high standards from released day.., currently most of the clouds formations look very grainy and pixelated, especially when you fly through them and overal around you... and most on the fluffy one..

the quality has droped very drastically, making it impossible to enjoy the view and cut immersion of fly ....

I try like others everything, settings , change "film grain" to 0 ...etc, etc nothing can bring looked like before

I talk on ULTRA Setings only - have everything on Ultra

The problem exist and is very common...

take a look here also, includes photos...   https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cloud-textures-pixelated-and-grainy/179116

So Asobo you said on last Q&A that you dont made any changes to the clouds...... but however, something is broken and it need to be fix...

Did you report this to Zendesk?

"No..."

13 hours ago, janda said:

this clouds after messing in settings still don`t even looked as good as before....sorry, far from that

and IMPORTANT NOTICE - if you change anything in the settings graphics in the sim after launch- all yours corrected files such as - "film grain" or "Sharpen" are back to its original values - !!!

No, you are very wrong. If you read my post, I said after you change the sharpen to 0, change the file  to read only. It will not change back again. There is no issues with clouds whatsoever.

Film grain doesn't fix it. It's the sharpen.

• Like 1

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

53 minutes ago, DJJose said:

You SIR are a genius! Thank you for fixing my clouds.

8UuyHea.png

Jose

Welcome. Glad it worked out for you... Some don't follow directions and blame it on the sim.

• Like 2

Gaming Laptop:
MSI GS75 Stealth 5.6GHz Intel Core i9 - 10th gen 16 core CPU  -  32 GB DDR4 SDRAM  - 1TB SSD - RTX 2080 Super - 1920x1080 - 3 fans and cooling pipes.

2 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

No, you are very wrong. If you read my post, I said after you change the sharpen to 0, change the file  to read only. It will not change back again. There is no issues with clouds whatsoever.

I can't find that file with the Steam version... not the same path. 

9 hours ago, BijanStudio said:

The "read only" setting was necessary after the first or second update because MSFS kept overwriting the sharpen setting with the defaults. However, it seems this has been fixed in one of the following updates. I removed the "read only" flag and the config settings stay as they should.

I prefer to avoid the "read only" if not absolutely necessary, who knows what side effects this may bring in with one of the future updates...

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

6 hours ago, jpe828 said:

I can't find that file with the Steam version... not the same path. 

On my Steam installation it's located in C:\Users\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator

Good luck with fixing the clouds!

Edited by pstrub
  • Like 1

My simming system: AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, 32GB RAM, RTX 4070 Ti Super 16GB, LG 38" 3840x1600

Anyone else just disappointed with the fact that the clouds all look the same? I feel like they don't have the variety that I saw in ASCA HD.

• Like 1

Gaming rig
Intel i9 13900k - NZXT Kraken Z73 cooler - ASUS Maximus Hero Z790 
32GB Trident Z 6000MHz DDR5 - Gigabyte 4090 GAMING OC 24G
10 x 120mm Lian Li UNI fans - Lian Li OD11XL Case - Corsair HX1500i PSU

17 hours ago, pstrub said:

The "read only" setting was necessary after the first or second update because MSFS kept overwriting the sharpen setting with the defaults. However, it seems this has been fixed in one of the following updates. I removed the "read only" flag and the config settings stay as they should.

I prefer to avoid the "read only" if not absolutely necessary, who knows what side effects this may bring in with one of the future updates...

This is why i have never applied this fix. I may consider it now.

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

10 hours ago, Maxis said:

This is why i have never applied this fix. I may consider it now.

Nothing wrong with trying... it may or may not be enough to resolve the graininess issue for you, it's a subjective issue and may also depend on system, screen resolution etc...

I've been using the tweak since I discovered it with zero issues.

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

1 hour ago, pstrub said:

Nothing wrong with trying... it may or may not be enough to resolve the graininess issue for you, it's a subjective issue and may also depend on system, screen resolution etc...

No no this isnt a massive issue for me and i know what is needed to fix it. Ive already turned down sharpening on my monitor and within my nvidia settings so its manageable. I think the best fix is to modify the config but i dont like playing around with cfg files. Or rather not yet for this sim.

Edited by Maxis

AMD Ryzen 5900X / Asus Strix B550 F Gaming Wifi / Powercolor AMD 6800XT Red Devil / 32GB Gskill Trident Neo DDR4 3600 / 2x ADATA XPG 8200pro NVME / Arctic Liquid Freezer II 280 / EVGA Supernova 750 GT PSU / Lian Li Lancool II Mesh Performance /

Asus VG34VQL3A / Schiit Bifrost DAC+ Schiit Asgard AMP /  Sennheiser HD 558 / Thrustmaster T.16000M + TFRP Rudders

The only thing that worked to get rid of the shimmering grainy, pixelated textures of the clouds was to disable the sharpen filter and film grain but the one that made the biggest difference for me so far.... disable ray tracing in the same user folder as the other two. Setting ray tracing to 0 made a huge difference for me. Try it for yourself if not satisfied seemed to solve my problems

Edited by Pat_vpdc