Sign in to follow this  
andyjohnston.net

Internet Connection

I have an oddity and I wonder if others experience the same.  Frequently, I will get a message Internet Connection Lost (or something to that effect) and a few minutes later it will say connection restored.  I know the connection isn't down, because I any usually doing something in another window, watching a YouTube vid or something.

Anyone else experienced similar?

• Like 2

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

It happens to me from time to time. I just ignore it and go on about my flight. If it happened all the time, then I'd be really annoyed.

James

Here too 😉

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

It's been happening the last day or so, I don't know the truth in the matter, but reported over on the MSFS site was there's so many online in the US? Is it a holiday

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

2 hours ago, andyjohnston.net said:

I have an oddity and I wonder if others experience the same.  Frequently, I will get a message Internet Connection Lost (or something to that effect) and a few minutes later it will say connection restored.  I know the connection isn't down, because I any usually doing something in another window, watching a YouTube vid or something.

Anyone else experienced similar?

Just got it a few times. Thought it was me. Reset my router, etc. Seemed to fix it. I had never seen it before today. 

I had it today and my MSFS response fell to 20 fps then to 12 and finally to 9.  Saved the flight, quit, rebooted OS, restarted MSFS.  Twice.  Same result.  Was getting the Connection Lost from time to time.  USA.  100mbps internet connection.  Checked my connection with Speedtest.net.  Internet connection was right on song....

Loaded and flew the flight in FSX SE.  Flawless.  Not trolling.  Just how it went....

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Yeah..today I had a lot.. cuase its a Holiday in the US? Maybe?

About a month ago I got it and it changed the parameter to work offline and It was not downloading anything..so my scenery looked bad.. I didn't realize it changed my settings DATA Photogrammetry and Bing World Graphics  to off and . I had to manually reset it to ON  to download Not today, the settings were ok. But I kept checking every time I got that ding.

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Never saw it until this past week, flew twice and it happened a lot in both flights. The message that pops up is far too intrusive and "game breaking" for me, yet the "Successfully Connected" message is perfectly fine.

I've used the ridiculous "Voting" procedure in the hope it gets enough "votes" to be seen to be an issue, such a retarded bug reporting system system...

Edited by MarcG

HP Reverb G2 - Windows 11 64bit, Gigabyte Z590 Aorus Elite Mobo, i7-10700KF CPU, Gigabyte 3070ti GPU, 32gig Corsair 3600mhz RAM, SSD x2 + M.2 SSD 1tb x1

Saitek X45 HOTAS - Saitek Pro Rudder Pedals - Logitech Flight Yoke - Homemade 3 Button & 8-directional Joystick Box, SNES Controller (used as a Button Box - Additional USB Numpad (used as a Button Box)