Sign in to follow this  
craigeaglefire

Sim Update 3 is what we are looking for - 23rd February 2021

11 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

Is there also a list what broke down with the next upate ? 🤪

Well, they did tell us in advance that the VFR map was broken with one release.  😄

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

I mean as games get more and more complex it'll take longer and longer to fix bugs and issues, along with having a higher risk of breaking something.

Edited by Concodroid

On 11/27/2020 at 11:51 PM, craigeaglefire said:

by February next year - 2021 - we will have so much more MFS info & experience,

& will be amazed if Asobo/MS has VR ready by Christmas 2020 - but am ready,

every iteration of Steam MFS, so far, has big positives for flying,

the Robert Young Turbo Bonanza is a dream,

just deployed REX Weather Force - worthwhile experience (always used Active Sky & SkyMaxx Pro before in other sims),

August 18 2020 to February 2021 is not too long a wait,

& we get VR & UK Update by then,

will be patiently waiting in the wings 🙂

Greetings. If you have a moment would you post your thoughts on Rex Weather Force especially if you have the latest update to it. I'm interested in how it is compared to the current included msfs weather engine which to give it credit has got better. Many thanks.

Dave

54 minutes ago, dbw1 said:

would you post your thoughts on Rex Weather Force

it has been a worthwhile addon for me,

it is not perfect, yet!

however, getting some great weather injection & is a complimentary product to the native MFS weather,

i note, 'coming soon' to Orbx store - big reason why i $purchased from Simmarket,

happy with my Weather Force $purchase - & can enable/disable easily,

& the Rex WF interface provides detailed METAR data,

i hope it gets upgraded over time - which Rex has said they will do.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Concodroid said:

I mean as games get more and more complex it'll take longer and longer to fix bugs and issues, along with having a higher risk of breaking something.

Cars and airliners get more and more complex over time as well, yet they're not released until they're relatively bug free. Gamers have created an environment where developers can charge full price for a half-developed product and the users actually defend them for it. MSFS is 2020's greatest example of that. I paid $120 for a product that is NOT what they showed us in their promotional videos, and that has new faults each time they "fix" it. None of you would put up with that if it was a new fridge or laptop you bought, but it's okay with MSFS because puffy clouds and photogrammetry (which also have problems). 

Edited by Jeeper
Spelling
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jeeper said:

Cars and airliners get more and more complex over time as well, yet they're not released until they're relatively bug free. Gamers have created an environment where developers can charge full price for a half-developed product and the users actually defend them for it. MSFS is 2020's greatest example of that. I paid $120 for a product that is NOT what they showed us in their promotional videos, and that has new faults each time they "fix" it. None of you would put up with that if it was a new fridge or laptop you bought, but it's okay with MSFS because puffy clouds and photogrammetry (which also have problems). 

Yes, there's WAY too many bugs in MSFS. But it's also a program I am more than happy to part of this "paid beta" period. I hear what you are saying, I don't disagree overall. But in this case I am VERY glad to be using this software with it's bugs rather than seeing images and video of it from regular beta testing and wishing month after month I could use it. 

With every bug fix and with every added feature I enjoy this game more and more.

I remember the days of msfs 95 thru FSX and all had problems. FSX, the latest, was almost unflyable for me because of low FPS on a recent pc.

I have one hope and that is that Asobo and MS make tons of money on 2020 so they continue to develop it.

This is  new platform, not an upgraded one. I take the current problems for granted because I can see definete improvements with every patch.

• Like 5

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

1 hour ago, hansb57 said:

I can see definete improvements with every patch

basically agree though I wish they published more/sooner patches. waiting for sim updates every 2 months is fine in general once we have a basic = stable platform but to date I still have to disable too many options (live ATC, live traffix, Azure ATC...) to avoid CTDs so getting my hands on improvements faster would be great. but well, in the end I am happy if they come at all...

• Like 1

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

Six months after initial release I expect big improvements in MSFS. They are overdue. My thanks to the community for their hard work on various aircraft and systems.

Jim Morgan

FSX got its first update after 6 month and the second one another 6 month later and then it stopped.

I had some ctd's before the last december patch and after that only 1, with a saved flight.

But I only fly single props, mostly VFR.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD

On 11/29/2020 at 4:21 AM, Scottoest said:

SIm Update 3 seems like the big one because it includes all of the work on the Garmin people have been calling for since August.

Yes, but what will it offer over what the Working Title team has already provided? 

1 hour ago, KenG said:

Yes, but what will it offer over what the Working Title team has already provided? 

GNS530?

12 minutes ago, Bert Pieke said:

A step in the right direction.. but only a step.

I would like to hear that a Garmin rep signed off on the Feb 23rd release.. 😉

I suspect that any sign off will be it simulates what they are trying to simulate as opposed to certified accurate.