Sign in to follow this  
craigeaglefire

Sim Update 3 is what we are looking for - 23rd February 2021

by February next year - 2021 - we will have so much more MFS info & experience,

& will be amazed if Asobo/MS has VR ready by Christmas 2020 - but am ready,

every iteration of Steam MFS, so far, has big positives for flying,

the Robert Young Turbo Bonanza is a dream,

just deployed REX Weather Force - worthwhile experience (always used Active Sky & SkyMaxx Pro before in other sims),

August 18 2020 to February 2021 is not too long a wait,

& we get VR & UK Update by then,

will be patiently waiting in the wings 🙂

1 hour ago, craigeaglefire said:

August 18 2020 to February 2021 is not too long a wait,

& we get VR & UK Update by then,

will be patiently waiting in the wings 🙂

Can you imagine if we could already be at the end of November ...
The wait would be even shorter!
🤣 

Best regards,
David Roch

AMD Ryzen 5950X //  Asus ROG CROSSHAIR VIII EXTREME //  32Gb Corsair Vengeance DDR4 4000 MHz CL17 //  ASUS ROG Strix GeForce RTX 4090 24GB OC Edition //  2x SSD 1Tb Corsair MP600 PCI-E4 NVM //  Corsair 1600W PSU & Samsung Odyssey Arc 55" curved monitor
Thrustmaster Controllers: TCA Yoke Pack Boeing Edition + TCA Captain Pack Airbus Edition + Pendular Rudder.

What are we looking for in the Sim Update 3 at the 23rd of February 2021?

Edited by OSM

2 hours ago, OSM said:

Improvements to:

• Garmin G1000/G3000
  • Autopilot
  • Live weather
  • Wind readings
  • ATC phraseology
  • A320neo issues
Edited by ChaoticBeauty

35 minutes ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Improvements to:

• Garmin G1000/G3000
  • Autopilot
  • Live weather
  • Wind readings
  • ATC phraseology
  • A320neo issues

This is extremely detailed explanation, a long tech read!!! Here is more friendly variant 😄

Improvements to:

• FS2020

(don`t click, she doesn't play)

DP.png

P.S. Frankly, I no longer believe in any Asobo plans.

Edited by OSM
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ChaoticBeauty said:

Improvements to:

• Garmin G1000/G3000
  • Autopilot
  • Live weather
  • Wind readings
  • ATC phraseology
  • A320neo issues

Are we sure they'll improve anything?.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 2

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It will be nice that fs 2020 will be upgraded once again in February to make sure all of the bugs are worked out and that it will be as close to the real world as possible.

But still there's one upgrade still missing.

To this date as of this writing, it still isn't accessible for we who need to use a screen reader to interact with our computer.

In short, it still isn't accessible to the blind like it's predicessor the FSX program was.

Now, this has to be thought of as well before it becomes fully accessible to all who'd like to enjoy the new flight simulator.

Ron Kolesar

• Like 1

22 hours ago, akita said:

So I guess DX12 is not coming any time soon?

DX12 is coming alongside the Xbox release, which they haven't given a release date for yet.  Doesn't mean it's a long way off, but because it's essentially a new game release for the console, it means any announcement of the date will come with more organized fanfare than their other sim updates.

• Like 1

Airliners. airliners. airliners everywhere..... Airliners that work.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

13 hours ago, Blind Pilot said:

It will be nice that fs 2020 will be upgraded once again in February to make sure all of the bugs are worked out and that it will be as close to the real world as possible.

But still there's one upgrade still missing.

To this date as of this writing, it still isn't accessible for we who need to use a screen reader to interact with our computer.

In short, it still isn't accessible to the blind like it's predicessor the FSX program was.

Now, this has to be thought of as well before it becomes fully accessible to all who'd like to enjoy the new flight simulator.

Ron Kolesar

Hi Ron - you should definitely post about this on the official forums.  Microsoft have actually been really good with their last few major game releases to include lots of accessibility options (Gears of War 5 actually won an award for it's excellent options on this front).  I suspect if your thread got enough attention, Asobo might well put in the work to support it.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

On 11/28/2020 at 3:24 AM, OSM said:

SIm Update 3 seems like the big one because it includes all of the work on the Garmin people have been calling for since August.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Car147 said:

Airliners. airliners. airliners everywhere..... Airliners that work.

For me this is the perfect GA sim. My preferred sim for airliners is my fully loaded P3D v.4.5. Since my passion comes from exploring airports and regions I've embrassed MSFS as my favorite sim of all time.

That does not mean that if I ever get the itch to fly an airliner that I can't scratch myself.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 1

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.