Sign in to follow this  
YoYo

"Cri-Cri" for MSFS of ATSim out now!

1 hour ago, kaosfere said:

One thing I noticed was that I couldn't hear the sounds of my gear at touchdown, only the whine of the engines.  With that and the unusual position and perspective I wasn't really sure when I was actually on the ground.  @cavaricooper, have you noticed that at all?

Which is why FFB ground rumble is more than just a gimmick 😉

14 minutes ago, steve310002 said:

How is that plane legal to fly? It's like being in an RC!

Ha I had the same thought...like someone took an R/C plane and glued a cockpit on top.

• Like 1

Dave

Current System (Running at 4k): ASUS ROG STRIX X670E-F, Ryzen 7800X3D, RTX 4080, 55" Samsung Q80T, 32GB DDR5 6000 RAM, EVGA CLC 280mm AIO Cooler, HP Reverb G2, Brunner CLS-E NG Yoke, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS & Stick, Thrustmaster TCA Quadrant & Add-on, VirtualFly Ruddo+, TQ6+ and Yoko+, GoFlight MCP-PRO and EFIS, Skalarki FCU and MCDU

Aint she cute?  It's a little hard to fly though it sways side to side like a boat.  Might be my joystick though.  Still fun to fly regardless.

upo1CF.png

Edited by Todd2

OK, here's a little preview video.    It's only 1080p at the moment, there should be a 1440p version at some point but YouTube is unpredictable in how quickly it makes those available.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, kaosfere said:

Reporting back from my first test flight over KMPI.   This thing is a lot of fun!  It's also a handful.   @cavaricooper was right, you need to dance very gently with it but it's really responsive, it looks great, and that big bubble will be amazing for sight-seeing.

I've created a little 10 minute video of a couple circuits at KMPI if anyone wants to see.   YouTube says it'll be an hour or so to upload, though.  (My upload speed sucks.  😞  )   I had to scrub one landing and should have scrubbed the second, but I didn't want to make the "little" video too long.

One thing I noticed was that I couldn't hear the sounds of my gear at touchdown, only the whine of the engines.  With that and the unusual position and perspective I wasn't really sure when I was actually on the ground.  @cavaricooper, have you noticed that at all?

Edit:  HOLY CRACKERS THE JET MODEL 😂🙃

Rob-

Yes, I’ve started running her on, closing throttles, pulling in flap and keeping her somewhat in a straight line... she scrubs off speed pretty quickly then. Keeps one on their toes :). No gear noise on touchdown here.

You are right about the Jet...

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

The sound is terrible, I can also use my wife's hair dryer. That gives a headache after 2 minutes 😞

No Plane for me.

Maybe the Jet-Version, but not this in the video

• Upvote 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

48 minutes ago, sal9000 said:

The sound is terrible, I can also use my wife's hair dryer. That gives a headache after 2 minutes 😞

No Plane for me.

Same here...that noise!

Thomas Derbyshire

1 hour ago, sal9000 said:

No Plane for me.

Considering it seems to be powered by a pair of single cylinder two strokes with expansion chambers the noise is probably mild compared to the real aircraft.

• Like 2

Unlike other aircraft, this is probably the closest I will get to knowing what it feels like to fly a Cri Cri. 

Also, AT Simulations is a developer I am intent on supporting- there are other invaluable airframes down the line and this is a proven developer, who is smart enough to use Alex Metzger for the FDE. I'm happy with my decision, FWIW.

C

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

2 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Considering it seems to be powered by a pair of single cylinder two strokes with expansion chambers the noise is probably mild compared to the real aircraft.

Yes, you got right, but as an Harley driver I also hate the sound of the ATVs driving around here 😉

• Like 1

Stephan from Germany

My System

I bought this one too - really a no brainer. But I personally think the flight dynamics were set to "kill" you as soon as you leave the ground. The aileron animation is very close to being either max or neutral and the throttle response is rather impossible - move the lever and nothing happens for a long while, then the sound goes "loud". It seems like you have to fight this little baby all the way from take off to landing - and it doesn't forgive slightly off angle of approach landings, leaving the model below the surface.

Not that I dislike this model in any way. It is fun! But definitely in great need of gentle handling.

Chris Brisland - the repainter known as EagleSkinner is back from the dead. Perhaps. Or maybe not.

System: Intel I9 32 GB RAM, nVidia RTX 3090 graphics 24 GB VRAM, three 32" Samsung monitors, Logitech yoke, pedals, switch panel, multi panel

Stefan- 

I ride an 03 FLSTF myself... what's your ride?

Chris-

Yes, agreed!  We must remember that a SMALL wing, with relatively high loading, and a short moment arm, will be very different from a typical GA aircraft.  It is TOTALLY DIFFERENT FROM THE NORM. and as such, I'm glad I have it. These were, and continue to be, my thoughts re. handling...

On 11/28/2020 at 11:14 AM, cavaricooper said:

I have only flown the 2 cycle twin so far... and it is certainly a fun and unique experience.  It is not a hand's off aeroplane (but at its size, it should not be). It is fully controllable and the exhaust note definitely let's you know this is not the normal flying carpet.  The visibility is fantastic, and all in all I can see myself using this for watching the world go by.  A fun segway down a road less traveled, and a great chance to support a developer with a track record of delivering sublime aeroplanes.

At the moment, the best advice I can provide, is watch your loading/weight. Take off in the green at 100%, cruise at 85-90% and fly this thing like a heli.  What I mean is SMALL changes in throttle and PRESSURE on the stick work well.. hamfisting does not.  2 clicks of LEFT aileron trim seem to be where she likes it best.  There's lag in the high RPM spool-up almost like a turbine, and 1 notch of flap at the top of the orange (70%) is good for initial final... make it a long one and tweak power as you go,  Don't get below 110KmPH and pop out another notch just over the threshold. Imagine riding on a hummingbird and you will be fine!

It is COMPLETELY different from the norm, and I'm glad I bought it.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 1

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

20 hours ago, steve310002 said:

How is that plane legal to fly? It's like being in an RC!

That's what i thought when i first saw it on here. I used to fly R/C 60cc models, and have seen some larger R/C aircraft as big lol

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,