Sign in to follow this  
Ricardo41

Longitude - Try This Mod

On 12/2/2020 at 1:23 PM, Dillon said:

All of it needs to go into the Community folder. It's too easy to forget and then your sim get's screwed up depending on what Asobo updated.

Exactly. I would like to try this mod out but i can’t risk screwing up a perfectly good install. My internet speed is bad and it would take many hours (and upset family members) to install MSFS again. 

I really appreciate the effort but i can’t risk forgetting to restore one file. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

I'd love to have this mod as the Longitude is one of my favorite planes.  But no way am I taking the chance of messing up my setup with one file.  I'll wait until it's all in the community folder.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Well, then I wish all of you guys good luck with your Cessna Citation "Shortitude" and "puddle jumper".

I did an approx. 1500 nautical miles flight yesterday, and everything worked just fine. Plane was rock stable through all phases of flight. Sure, heading turns were a little sluggish. 

The mod still needs some work, but now I can actually enjoy this "premium plane".

• Like 1

Anyone know if this fixes the AP altitude only working in hold mode? I can't get it to go to a selected altitude? Or am I missing something obvious?

As far as install location, complexity, If it was just ONE mod and it only needed one core file swapped out that's not too bad, But beyond one, it just gets to be a nightmare to remember them all and maintain them all. So, I may check this mod out, but good chance not. I just don't want the headache. Not just MSFS. I've had this opinion going WAY back.

I have no problem selecting an altitude, then climbing to that altitude using flc or vs. Plane holds the altitude just fine, or are you talking about something else?

Btw, fuel performance matched this guy's report. However, I was cruising at 35,000 feet, so I burnt more fuel. 

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/longitude-fuel-efficiency-test-flight-results-using-the-mod-fix/330273

Not sure what all the Mod does because I never spent much time in the Longitude before But I have had no problems with autopilot except FLC.

I found that the only way to engage FLC was the already be in VS Mode climbing to higher altitude spd does not work but will climb and maintain current spd when you engage FLC seems to work better above FL200

Another thing it seems like between 85 and 87 NG  there is a afterburner. In FLC climb rate goes from 2000fpm up to 4000 or greater with that small increase in NG so VV is very sensitive

Other than that very fun plane to work with. It follows flight plane very stable at altitiude.

Edited by Denwagg

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

One other thing remove beta Navigraph nav data from community folder. It locks up the Flight Planning in the MFD both on the Cj and Longitude

regards

• Upvote 1

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

I bit the bullet and tried this MOD as the latest version came out today.  After resetting my gauges/map displays I must say I'm impressed to say the least.  Only one file in the Longitude folder as mentioned above needs to be updated.  The modder has went through great lengths from the original version to put 99% of this in the community folder. 

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

The author of the mod has released a new version: 1.40.

https://flightsim.to/file/3655/asobo-cessna-citation-longitude-flight-dynamics-modifications-project-version-1-0

https://forums.flightsimulator.com/t/cessna-citation-longitude-flight-dynamics-modification-project/325768/181

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

This is the one I just tried.  The only issue I see is the speed tape needs a slight bit more adjustment.  The Longitude cruises comfortably at Mach .84.   That should be right before the overspeed tape.  Other than that the Longitude is in decent standing now much like the CJ4.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 1

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

Wow... good to see such dynamic improvements on the Longitude.  I just upgraded MSFS PD for the Longitude (and Baron and airports) because I felt I was missing out on these great planes.  I really enjoy the TBM 930 (better with mods) and my first flight after the download PD was in the Longitude. What a magnificent plane.

One thing that bugged me in the first flight was both touch pads were identical.  They are separate in the TBM, meaning I can display two different features on each display.  I use one for Coms and the other for flight plan or to select procedures.

Second thing in the first flight of the longitude was I could not figure out how to change the map range. I guess I will figure that out in my second flight.

Third thing: Denver was a disappointment. Large elevation fluke while taxing to parking.

Watch your first step... it's a doozy!

28 minutes ago, UberGeek said:

One thing that bugged me in the first flight was both touch pads were identical.  They are separate in the TBM, meaning I can display two different features on each display.  I use one for Coms and the other for flight plan or to select procedures.

Lol, that bugs me as well, CJ4 is the same with the FMS. Has been a pet hate for me for many years (Eaglesoft managed to split theirs in the CX v1.0 which was forever ago)... In the case of the C700 I'm not sure if they can choose what panel has what display, but I'd be surprised if they couldn't.

G

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron