Sign in to follow this  
captain420

Really need an all-in-one EFB app that can do it all!

I was hoping that things would change with MSFS, but the amount of apps I have to run alongside the sim is starting to gradually increase over time as more 3rd party add-ons come out.

Here's a list of some of the apps that I run alongside with MSFS:

1. Pilot2ATC
  2. SimToolKitPro
  3. Little Navmap
  4. Web Browser
  5. Discord
  6. The Skypark
  7. Aivlasoft EFB

That's 7 apps! Now if more addons come out such as ActiveSky for MSFS, that will be even more apps I have to launch.

What I have been dreaming all along is for a single app that can include most of these functions. I would love to have an EFB that can be used as a full functioning Flight Planner (PFPX, SimBrief, LNM), PDF Viewer to view my charts and documents, Built-in web browser so that I can have Discord, YouTube, AVSIM forum and whatever else I feel like surfing during my flight. I would love to have the clean and modern UI of The Skypark for this. I really hope some talented devs can ever come up with such an elegant solution. I would pay to have something like this. The app would need to have a slick UI and have the option to pin the window on top. Like The Skypark does. I wish the developers at //42 can add more "apps" to their home screen to cover some of those missing features, so that we don't have to have 1 app for every feature that we need. An all-in-one but elegant and streamlined solution would make the flying experience that much better.

The Ultimate EFB would need to include the following features:

1. Built in web browser
  2. PDF Viewer
  3. Navigraph Charts
  4. Flight Planner
  5. Moving Map

Perhaps the EFB can be modular, meaning that devs or other 3rd party devs can create or add to the existing feature set by creating "apps" that live inside the EFB. Kind of like an iPhone, where you have many different apps that do different things. A dev can release features to the EFB by creating an app that lives on the EFB.

Edited by captain420
  • Like 1

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

19 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I was hoping that things would change with MSFS, but the amount of apps I have to run alongside the sim is starting to gradually increase over time as more 3rd party add-ons come out.

1. Pilot2ATC
  2. SimToolKitPro
  3. Little Navmap
  4. Web Browser
  5. Discord
  6. The Skypark
  7. Aivlasoft EFB

That's 7 apps! Now if more addons come out such as ActiveSky for MSFS, that will be even more apps I have to launch.

What I have been dreaming all along is for a single app that can include most of these functions. I would love to have an EFB that can be used as a full functioning Flight Planner (PFPX, SimBrief, LNM), PDF Viewer to view my charts and documents, Built-in web browser so that I can have Discord, YouTube, AVSIM forum and whatever else I feel like surfing during my flight. I would love to have the clean and modern UI of The Skypark for this. I really hope some talented devs can ever come up with such an elegant solution. I would pay to have something like this. The app would need to have a slick UI and have the option to pin the window on top. Like The Skypark does. I wish the developers at //42 can add more "apps" to their home screen to cover some of those missing features, so that we don't have to have 1 app for every feature that we need. An all-in-one but elegant and streamlined solution would make the flying experience that much better.

1. Built in web browser
  2. PDF Viewer
  3. Navigraph Charts
  4. Flight Planner
  5. Moving Map

Perhaps the EFB can be modular, meaning that devs or other 3rd party devs can create or add to the existing feature set by creating "apps" that live inside the EFB. Kind of like an iPhone, where you have many different apps that do different things. A dev can release features to the EFB by creating an app that lives on the EFB.

2,3 and 7 does the same thing thing. Why do you need all 3 running? I use little nav map running on my laptop remotely plus discord on my tablet. 

3 minutes ago, devgrp said:

2,3 and 7 does the same thing thing. Why do you need all 3 running? I use little nav map running on my laptop remotely plus discord on my tablet. 

I would like to be able to access all that from one single app on screen, rather than having to have a separate laptop and a tablet. Everything on screen would be much easier than having to deal with multiple devices.

PDF Viewer because not everyone has a subscription to Navigraph Maps. That way I can pull up PDF files of either charts, OFP, or whatever to view them.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

9 minutes ago, captain420 said:

I would like to be able to access all that from one single app on screen, rather than having to have a separate laptop and a tablet. Everything on screen would be much easier than having to deal with multiple devices.

PDF Viewer because not everyone has a subscription to Navigraph Maps. That way I can pull up PDF files of either charts, OFP, or whatever to view them.

If you have everything on one screen won't it be a little cluttered? I don't want anything taking away performance from the game so I try not to run anything that's not necessary on my gaming pc

• Like 1

Hi;

I also use Pilot2atc and it covers most of them. Moving map, flight planner (light), pdf chart viewer, and many more.

Pilot2atc and Simbrief will do almost all for you.

Edited by kt069

Intel i7-9700K - Asus Nvidia RTX 2080 Super - 32 Gb Ram - SSD Drive - Win10 x64 - Samsung 43" 4K TV

32 minutes ago, kt069 said:

Hi;

I also use Pilot2atc and it covers most of them. Moving map, flight planner (light), pdf chart viewer, and many more.

Pilot2atc and Simbrief will do almost all for you.

That's not the point. I want everything to be from one app. Not separate. I'm looking for something like The Skypark like kinda interface. I love how it uses a tablet device as the UI and has "apps" that perform different functions. Of course, Pilot2ATC won't be a part of this EFB, I was just trying to show how many addons I need to run concurrently with MSFS which makes it a big PITA.

• Like 1

I think Aivlasoft EFB V2 comes a loung way! Moving map, navigraph like sid/star/approach generated charts and weather info to name a few. And its continuously improving. Really wordt checking out. 

You guys are missing the point!

3 hours ago, captain420 said:

1. Pilot2ATC
  2. SimToolKitPro
  3. Little Navmap
  4. Web Browser
  5. Discord
  6. The Skypark
  7. Aivlasoft EFB

1. Built in web browser
  2. PDF Viewer
  3. Navigraph Charts
  4. Flight Planner
  5. Moving Map

Whats the problem with having all that running on a tablet? Works perfectly for me though...

• Like 1

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11

I use MSFSAddon Linker and that launches MSFS, FSUIPC7 and the addons I have selected. Using LittleNavConnect to run LittlesNavMap on a second computer can be launched from MSFSAddon linker, too. Discord is not an app for MSFS, but allows GitHub, etc.

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

I use my phone or iPad to look up charts as needed off of Sky Vector & Air Nav, weather off Windy, default ATC, the moving map already in SkyPark.

So on my PC I’m only running MSFS and SkyPark, that’s all you need with a phone or tablet handy!

Real world pilots are using Foreflight in GA or company issued tablets in the airlines! I don’t see the point of needing the PC to run these too and take resources from the sim.

Using a tablet is actually more real!

Edited by Cmcollazo71
  • Upvote 1

Yes but then using a physical laptop or tablet, you can't enjoy the scenery while flying because you have to constantly take your eyes off and look back and forth which gets tiring. Which is the point of having these features on screen.

I use real world aviation app FltPlan Go running on iPad. It has a flightsimulator connection software that will showing moving map for MSFS and P3D.  Because it is real world aviation app, it has weather, charts, etc. 

The flight planning is real world quality similar to Simbrief but applies to GA aircraft.

1 minute ago, captain420 said:

Yes but then using a physical laptop or tablet, you can't enjoy the scenery while flying because you have to constantly take your eyes off and look back and forth which gets tiring. Which is the point of having these features on screen.

lol what? seriously?

• Like 2

Intel i9-13900K | Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Master | RTX4090 | 2x16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR5-6000 | Be quiet! Pure Loop 2 FX AiO | Win 11