Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

1.12.13 stuttering

On 12/28/2020 at 9:17 PM, devgrp said:

BTW this is me enjoying a problem free flight with some of the guys from the bush flight group all with my custom settings 

And another checking out FlyTampa KLAS with a friend. 

I seriously hope that video compression is introducing stutter into your videos because that is nowhere near stutter free. Look to the sides of the aircraft when you’re making turns for example. Second video is worse than first one. There’s also a long hiccup at the 6 second mark in the second video. Another one at 13 and so on...

Can you make another test with dev mode and FPS on?

I don’t mean no offence, I’m just curious. My MSFS is performing exactly as your video shows and I just can’t stand it. For me I do have a rock solid frame rate but the uneven frame timings make the image jittery, just like in your videos.

Edited by TheRandomGuy
  • Like 2

I think these kind of stutters in the two videos above are just part and parcel of the sim. I can not see them ever being eliminated using DX11. The smoothest sim I have ever used is XP11 using Vulkan. Man that thing is smooth.....I wonder if MSFS will achieve similar using DX12. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I think these kind of stutters in the two videos above are just part and parcel of the sim. I can not see them ever being eliminated using DX11. The smoothest sim I have ever used is XP11 using Vulkan. Man that thing is smooth.....I wonder if MSFS will achieve similar using DX12. 

My thoughts exactly. I’ve flown and loved many flight simulators throughout the years but coming from an extremely well performing X-Plane 11 running Vulkan I’ve grown intolerant of performance issues.

I do think dx12 will sort most of these issues out. There’s alot more that can be done to increase the throughput of draw calls from CPU to GPU in dx12.

This also shows how difficult it is to discuss performance. One person’s buttery smooth simulator is another person’s stuttery mess. 😅

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, TheRandomGuy said:

This also shows how difficult it is to discuss performance. One person’s buttery smooth simulator is another person’s stuttery mess.

Exactly, I think this has always been a problem. I would implore anyone to tell me MSFS is smooth after using XP11 with vulkan on a high end system. That thing is like a knife through warm butter. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Exactly, I think this has always been a problem. I would implore anyone to tell me MSFS is smooth after using XP11 with vulkan on a high end system. That thing is like a knife through warm butter. 

Conversely, those of us coming to MSFS from P3D have the opposite reaction. It's easy to ignore a few stutters if you're used to the thing stuttering all the time!

For the record, I'd prefer no stutters, please. 🙂

• Like 2