Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

1.12.13 stuttering

Reversing back to driver 457.30 from the latest have helped me with the stuttering problem that occurred with the latest patch.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

5 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Reversing back to driver 457.30 from the latest have helped me with the stuttering problem that occurred with the latest patch.

which driver is this please?

5 hours ago, Ixoye said:

Tried the NVidia 457.30 but still have bad stuttering

30 minutes ago, Ferg said:

which driver is this please?

Nvidia driver.

I am using driver version 457.51 and no stutters. I find this version to be the most stable.  Also, there were reports the newest driver causes CTD's.

• Like 1

Intel i7 - 9700K @ 3.60 GHz   |   Asus RTX 3080  |  32 GB RAM  |  Saitek ProFlight Yoke System and Rudder Pedals | X-Touch Mini | Honeycomb Bravo TQ

2 minutes ago, SAPilot said:

Nvidia driver.

I am using driver version 457.51 and no stutters. I find this version to be the most stable.  Also, there were reports the newest driver causes CTD's.

Ok thanks mate - I will try that one . I will also try the latest one which is 460.89 for my system

Much more and longer (pause) stuttering then before the patch.

• Like 2

MSI Tomahawk Z790, I7-13700K, DDR5 6000mhz, MSI 4090, 3x SSD 980 PRO, Corsair 360 Liguid CPU cooler, Corsair H1200V2 power.

Never had such a bad stutters before 

I'll try an older driver. 

I9 12900k@ 5 GHz | 32 GB DDR4 | Asus ROG  Strix Z690-A Gaming Wifi d4| RTX 4090 | 6 TB SSD + 8 TB HDD | 8K Samsung Q900A 65" | VKB MK III PRO L | Virpil Throttle MONGOOST-50 | MFG Crosswind | TrackIR5

have tried multiple drivers but stutters still remain. Have reported to Zen desk. Debating whether to wait their response or to do a full re-install. Sim is unusable currently

Ya'll having stutters because ya'll insist on running the game on ultra and the systems can't handle it. I have a pretty decent system, i7 10700k running at 5.1ghz, 64gb ram, 2x 1tb nvme, 4k monitor and 2080 super. I have a mixed settings high and med. Never had a stutter and I get 45-60 fps most places. 

1 hour ago, devgrp said:

Ya'll having stutters because ya'll insist on running the game on ultra and the systems can't handle it. I have a pretty decent system, i7 10700k running at 5.1ghz, 64gb ram, 2x 1tb nvme, 4k monitor and 2080 super. I have a mixed settings high and med. Never had a stutter and I get 45-60 fps most places. 

What a ridiculous statement. I think if you research it further and actually read what people are reporting, its got nothing to do with the ultra setting at all. 

• Like 2

This would explain the ongoing VR disapointment then. People are maxing out their creditcards to get the 3090 and overclock their CPU and have to settle with stutters and bad FPS even on low-mid settings.

Good times...

Edited by flightsim1818

1 hour ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What a ridiculous statement. I think if you research it further and actually read what people are reporting, its got nothing to do with the ultra setting at all. 

I have no stutters with my custom settings vs trying to run at ultra and have pauses and stutters ever couple seconds. I dont know why people are obsessed with running ultra when the visual difference is not even that great, but it sure will cause stutters lol

I have only had stuttering problem when I fly in the USA (Washington State), when I fly at home in Sweden it runs very smooth without any stuttering at all.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

12 minutes ago, devgrp said:

I have no stutters with my custom settings vs trying to run at ultra and have pauses and stutters ever couple seconds. I dont know why people are obsessed with running ultra when the visual difference is not even that great, but it sure will cause stutters lol

I get that. But I think a lot of people in this thread, myself included, are experiencing an increase in stutters since this latest update and haven't made any changes to their settings. I myself am not running any settings at ultra, and am seeing more stuttering than I was before.

• Like 1

Tom Wright

Microsoft Flight Simulator (2020) | Intel Core i7 4770k @ 4.3GHz | 16GB DDR3 1600MHz RAM | GTX 1060 6GB | Samsung 860 EVO 500GB | Thrustmaster TCA Airbus Sidestick + Quadrant | Xbox Series S

18 minutes ago, devgrp said:

If you can’t see the difference between the LOD at high (100) and ultra (200), then, you must have a small screen. It’s as clear as day.