Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

1.12.13 stuttering

Deleted post

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

Just been reading over the official forums, looks like a lot of people with this same issue. They seem to think it’s related to the planes with glass cockpits and ones with analogue work with much fewer stutters. 

Here's a vote for server issues. I just had a perfect stutter-free flight. Nothing has changed. 

• Like 4

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

3 hours ago, devgrp said:

BTW this is me enjoying a problem free flight with some of the guys from the bush flight group all with my custom settings 

And another checking out FlyTampa KLAS with a friend. 

If we were all content to fly around in a bush plane, there would not be so many complaints about the performance of the game.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

18 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

If we were all content to fly around in a bush plane, there would not be so many complaints about the performance of the game.

And after watching the first video, I definitely picked up micro stutters. Not terrible, but they were there. 

• Like 2

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

4 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Actually, even at minimum settings it still stutters. It’s clearly a problem with the sim or server. Since the last update. If you had bothered to read the coversation properly, you would all ready know this, and it may have stopped your unhelpful comments. 

cant be the sim if everyone is not having this problem

Just now, devgrp said:

cant be the sim if everyone is not having this problem

It definitely can. We run different hardware, OS versions, versions of drivers, etc. etc. etc. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ixoye said:

thats not the only plane I fly, it just so happens thats what I record since its more exciting than flying a jet at 30k ft with the AP.

On 12/28/2020 at 3:43 PM, Ianrivaldosmith said:

Just been reading over the official forums, looks like a lot of people with this same issue. They seem to think it’s related to the planes with glass cockpits and ones with analogue work with much fewer stutters. 

At least in my case it has nothing to do with glass cockpits as the problem for me is most pronounced in showcase mode.  I like to use my xbox controller and explore the cities after I land or before I takeoff.  Everything was butter smooth after the USA update.  Now places that were butter smooth are now either causes CTD or are so low in fps (i.e 1-5) that you cannot fly over.

I definitely think the optimization out of whack because even when in a plane that steady 30fps I was getting is now all over the place  in the same airports and flight routes that were butter smooth.

And yes I have very high end system with all the latest and best CPU, GPU, SSD/M.2, DDR4, etc.  I just don't have the 3080ti as I cannot find it anywhere.  But have the Nvidia 2080ti.

• Like 1

I'm 100% convinced it's server-side.  I was flying into KLAS and had beaucoup GPU & CPU headroom and was getting sudden dips in frame rate below the critical 30 (vsync to 30Hz).   This has happened a few other times before for me and I believe it's most likely a red herring to think it is directly related to patches, though they may occur in temporal proximity to new patches so it's predictable to conclude the patch is the culprit when multiple users report stuttering after a patch.  The only concern I have on this is when MSFS for XBOX debuts and all of the new users hammer the servers.  We may go from 2 million users to 20+ million users in a fairly short time, however this is a very wild guess of course :ohmy:

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Day two of flying again using my 1070 (in-between 3090's) and therefore GPU limited, in addition rolling cache is turned off.

High settings with ultra clouds, high instruments refresh rate and no motion blur. Real weather, multiplayer @1440p.

bristol - Dublin - Liverpool - Heathrow - Southend. No idea what my FPS was, but flight was smooth apart from some stutters when very near Heathrow.

my tips - turn off rolling cache and make sure you are GPU limited and not CPU.

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

2 hours ago, hanhamreds said:

Day two of flying again using my 1070 (in-between 3090's) and therefore GPU limited, in addition rolling cache is turned off.

High settings with ultra clouds, high instruments refresh rate and no motion blur. Real weather, multiplayer @1440p.

bristol - Dublin - Liverpool - Heathrow - Southend. No idea what my FPS was, but flight was smooth apart from some stutters when very near Heathrow.

my tips - turn off rolling cache and make sure you are GPU limited and not CPU.

I read an article that said this too, the problem is, how do we keep it GPU limited when using a 3090? It always flashes main thread limited in dense areas for split seconds, that causes the micro stutter bursts. 

15 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I read an article that said this too, the problem is, how do we keep it GPU limited when using a 3090? It always flashes main thread limited in dense areas for split seconds, that causes the micro stutter bursts. 

So, I just upped my render scale from 100 to 110 to force SSAA on. Not only does it look better, it makes the 3090 work for its money, and in doing so makes me GPU limited, and in turn makes it smoother. Perfect. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So, I just upped my render scale from 100 to 110 to force SSAA on. Not only does it look better, it makes the 3090 work for its money, and in doing so makes me GPU limited, and in turn makes it smoother. Perfect. 

I am GPU limited with my 1070 which might explain why I have a pretty smooth experience most of the time. 

• Like 2

I had also noticed more stuttering since the update. On the upside, this forced me to look around the various forums and come across the RTSS Scanline Sync trick. Now my sim is the smoothest it has ever been. Can't believe I had not tried it earlier!