Sign in to follow this  
Ferg

1.12.13 stuttering

2 hours ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

What a ridiculous statement. I think if you research it further and actually read what people are reporting, its got nothing to do with the ultra setting at all. 

I actually set everything to low and turned off the data options, traffic, weather, multiplayer...and it still stutters somewhat. But then yesterday it was smooth. Could be something on the server end and nothing to do with our computers. 

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

It's a shame about people swapping drivers about all of the time in desperate hope.  There is never much difference between them, and if there is it may be a frame or two per second, which is not much.

Any long pauses or stuttering are due to either running higher than your PC can handle, but mainly it is poor sim optimisation, and the evidence for this is that it gets better or worse with various sim updates, just like lots of other things Asobo mess with all of the time but decide not to mention in the release notes.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 hours ago, devgrp said:

Ya'll having stutters because ya'll insist on running the game on ultra and the systems can't handle it. I have a pretty decent system, i7 10700k running at 5.1ghz, 64gb ram, 2x 1tb nvme, 4k monitor and 2080 super. I have a mixed settings high and med. Never had a stutter and I get 45-60 fps most places. 

If ya'll had read my original post ya'll have read that I didn't have any stutters before the most recent upgrade so it's nothing to do with my settings or whether my system can "handle it"...

Also ya'll have noted from many of the posts on this thread that many others are in a similar situation.

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

If you can’t see the difference between the LOD at high (100) and ultra (200), then, you must have a small screen. It’s as clear as day. 

I'm using a 27 inch 4k monitor, but unlike some of you guys I'm quite satisfied with everything not being maxed out and that's the reason I'm enjoying the game problem free. 

Edited by devgrp

BTW this is me enjoying a problem free flight with some of the guys from the bush flight group all with my custom settings 

And another checking out FlyTampa KLAS with a friend. 

Interesting, I have been troubleshooting my GPU because the stutters are brutal!. I find they kick in after an hour or so. Micro stutters. Frame rate stays steady.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RobJC said:

I actually set everything to low and turned off the data options, traffic, weather, multiplayer...and it still stutters somewhat. But then yesterday it was smooth. Could be something on the server end and nothing to do with our computers. 

I think you are right, I have just completed another flight, in an area that used to be smooth. on a 50meg line, out in the countryside,. as it stuttered and paused I noticed a loading icon in the bottom right. I hope they can fix it, its such a shame to have high end PC's and the issue is on their servers. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

I think you are right, I have just completed another flight, in an area that used to be smooth. on a 50meg line, out in the countryside,. as it stuttered and paused I noticed a loading icon in the bottom right. I hope they can fix it, its such a shame to have high end PC's and the issue is on their servers. 

Your pc can't keep up. Lower your settings and you'll be fine lol

I flew several flights today, the first one from Manchester back down to Bristol.

I was in the TBM 1440p with res scaling at 120%,Ultra settings with live traffic, online players and live weather. At cruise I was getting micro stutters but no significant pauses - frame rate was about 30fps

Later today I pulled my Palit 3090, as I'm returning it for a Asus Tuf OC 3090. I re-installed my trusty MSI gaming X 1070 and flew some circuits around Briz, then a short hop to Gloucestershire. Following that some circuits around pilot plus Southend, finally a short trip from Marathon to Key West. Settings for all those flights were high profile with ultra clouds and high cockpit Refresh rate. All players and live weather again, I flew the 172 gauges and lastly the Baron for the key West flight. On all those flights my GPU was a solid 100% temps 71c frames 30-37 and absolutely no micro stutters - just the fluid simulation of motion. 

So make of that what you will.

Oh btw - core 1 rarely went above 80%, I'm not going to say anymore about that as I wasn't measuring it for the TBM/RTX 3090 flight earlier, plus I have no idea what the other cores were doing  apart from core 2 which I did have displayed using MSI afterburner - that was about 20% ish.

Lastly I did read today on the official forum that disabling rolling cache helps with the stutters - sorry if this has already been mentioned. My rolling cache is currently disabled.

Edited by hanhamreds

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir

6 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Your pc can't keep up. Lower your settings and you'll be fine lol

So my 9900ks water cooled at 5ghz and 3090 with 24gb vram can’t keep up? Whilst putting out 60fps at 3840x1600? Yeah ok........ 🙄

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I flew in the M20R today. Great performance for 95% of the flight, then as I was approaching destination (a small airport, no traffic around, though the weather turned to fog), I started to have lots of stutters, some as long as one second, with the MainThread limited and crazy high numbers for "Manipulators" during those stutters. I saved my flight, exited and rebooted the sim, loaded my flight and voilà, all stutters were gone. Something similar happened to me yesterday, very bizarre experience.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Ianrivaldosmith said:

So my 9900ks water cooled at 5ghz and 3090 with 24gb vram can’t keep up? Whilst putting out 60fps at 3840x1600? Yeah ok........ 🙄

Apparently not if you having stutters. Let me guess you're running everything at ultra? 

2 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Apparently not if you having stutters. Let me guess you're running everything at ultra? 

another helpful comment...

If ya'll would just read what people are actually writing on this thread you will see that we are all running different settings and settings that worked perfectly well before the last update.

I am sure we are all delighted that your sim is perfect and that you are enjoying yourself in the bush but this thread was intended to solicit constructive and relevant comments and helpful ideas.... into which categories none of your comments have IMHO so far fallen... 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2

31 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Shame there is no way to block this word not allowed.

edit:

What a world we live in...the word that looks something like iciot, but with a "d" instead of a "c" is a blocked word.

Ooh, bonus - I just found the BLOCK function!

• Like 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

25 minutes ago, devgrp said:

Actually, even at minimum settings it still stutters. It’s clearly a problem with the sim or server. Since the last update. If you had bothered to read the coversation properly, you would all ready know this, and it may have stopped your unhelpful comments. 

• Like 1