Sign in to follow this  
Boeing_Driver

How to remove instruments from external view?

mine do not and I do not have a mod that does that.  so I am thinking there must be a toggle somewhere in the menu systems.

try: General Options > Camera > Chase Camera > Instrument Heads-Up Display (HUD) set to OFF

• Like 2

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

3 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

mine do not and I do not have a mod that does that.  so I am thinking there must be a toggle somewhere in the menu systems.

try: General Options > Camera > Chase Camera > Instrument Heads-Up Display (HUD) set to OFF

WOW! Thank you. I've been asking people how I do do this and I got no answer and now I finally got it done. 🙂

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

There is a great little ui mod that toggles them on and off by pressing the numlock key.  I just can't find the download link at the moment.

• Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

6 hours ago, Crewsaider said:

This is a link to a number of excellent little mods which includes tinyhud that will remove the hud using NumLock or Backspace.

https://github.com/mixMugz/msfs2020-uimod

Great. Thanks will check it. But wish that Adobo lets me assign a shortcut to toggle the external instruments view, even better lets me select the ones I want to see. The default is fully overloaded, airspeed and altitude would be sufficient in most cases for me eg during approach 

Phil Leaven

i5 10600KF, 32 GB 3200 RAM, MSI 3060 12GB OC, Asus ROG Z490-H, 2 WD Black NVME for each Win11 (500GB) and MSFS (1TB), MSFS Cache and Photogrammetry always disabled, Live Weather and Live Traffic always on, Res 2560x1440 on 27"

1 hour ago, DAD said:

Great. Thanks will check it. But wish that Adobo lets me assign a shortcut to toggle the external instruments view, even better lets me select the ones I want to see. The default is fully overloaded, airspeed and altitude would be sufficient in most cases for me eg during approach 

One option is to hold the RH alt key and then click on a glass display showing altitude and airspeed to get an undocked version of the glass display and then move the undocked glass display to another screen.  That undocked window should stay open even when you switch to an external view.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

On 12/29/2020 at 1:22 PM, Mike S KPDX said:

I've been wanting to shut this off for awhile but never got around to doing it.  Thanks!

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

On 12/29/2020 at 10:22 AM, Mike S KPDX said:

So it appears that this is no longer an option....Does anyone know the current method to eliminate the instruments from the external view?

Hi!

I confirm, it does not seem to be an option anymore.

Any idea for a mod ?

Thanks

• Like 1

Assistance Options > User Experience > Instrument Heads-Up Display - Chase Cam (set to OFF)

Scott

• Like 1

Scott