Sign in to follow this  
Ironmaid91

Pilot2ATC - Two instances running

So far I have not seen any acknowledgment that this is a real issue. I emailed Dave several months ago. I searched the web and it has been brought up before the MSFS 2020 version. I have never had another app that does this. Its not a show stopper for me as I can kill it and restart it in Project Lasso. But before I purchased project Lasso. I quit using it. I would get MSFS loaded and setting on the tarmac ready to plan my flight Try to load P2A and it would say already a copy of it running. I would have to shut everything down reboot and try again. For someone without Project Lasso to kill the app I cannot recommend this to anyone in good conscience

By the way. This is NOT a Project Lasso Issue. I was happening to me long before I purchased Project Lasso. Only After I purchased Project Lasso did I discover that there was still a P2A Process running in the background that I could kill and restart P2A

Regards

Edited by Denwagg

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

Yep, I have this problem too. P2ATC in minimized screen has disappeared into the task bar and I cant get it back.  The maximized screen comes up but that covers everything else.

Have tried many restarts but I'm stuck now.

For info. . .Cheers, Bruce 

*Ok, Try this - Go into Settings/Privacy/Background apps. Select Off. Shut down and reboot. Open P2ATC, hover over the icon in the task bar and select Move in minimized screen. I could then resize the P2ATC screen and recover my normal minimized screen operation.  Go back to Privacy menu etc and select the background apps you want running.  Well - this worked for me . . .

Edited by Bruce953
Solution

If it's on the task bar, the procedure earlier in this thread will get it visible where you can manipulate it normally.  

Dave

• Like 1

Dave

Sorry its not on the task bar. Look at my photo copy of both Lasso and task manager. Task manager shows nothing

Lasso shows the process with no threads, no time, memory 32k. 

Regards

Denwagg

Steam MSFS 2020. Process Lasso, Acronis True Image Backup.

I9-11900k @ 5.1, Corsair 1000 RMx PS, Corsair H150I RGB Pro Cooling, NZXT 710i, Asus Rog Strix Z590-E MB,  Asus RTX 3080 TI TUFF 12GB VRAM,  Corsair 32GB 4000 DDR4 XMP 2.0, 2- NVME 1gb 970 EVO Plus's,1-2gb 970 EVO Plus, 2gb WD SSD (Offline Backup)  2-27" 1080p monitors, 32" 1440p monitor, Virpil MT-50CM2 base with Warthog Hotas joystick,  2 Cougar MFD's, TPR Rudder, Virpil MT-CM3 Throttle , Track IR, Fiber Optic Internet 500 Mbps, 1200 W UPS, HP Reverb G2

I think I may have stumbled onto the p2a issue that seems to happen with Process Lasso.  I reproduced the behavior with just p2a and lasso.

When I close p2a I am getting an unhandled exception and then another error in the kernal.dll.

I believe that the cause is closing p2a with the red X button WITHOUT giving P2A the focus.  I think this will reproduce left over task.  Giving p2a Focus first and then close will avoid the exception.  

If someone could test this theory on their rig.  I am running 2621 but I am sure it happens below.

This is not the only reason for continuing to run when p2a is suspended for hung threads.

Thanks

I did 3 problem free flights and now trying lasso again but i will watch for the focus.

On 1/24/2021 at 1:47 PM, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

When you get that message, closing the message box will stop the second instance from running.

Check the Task bar and see if there is an icon for P2A after clicking only once on the P2A icon.

If so, then you can make the program visible with the following steps:

1)After starting Pilot2ATC, Hover over the icon on the Taskbar

2)A larger thumbnail of the program should show

3)Right-click that larger thumbnail

4)Select Move

5)Hold down the Right Arrow key on the keyboard until the program comes into view

6)If that doesn’t work, hold down the left arrow

7)Once the window is in view, use the mouse to move it to the desired location.

😎Shut down Pilot2ATC so the location will be remembered.

Dave

I just experienced the issue with the process already running message  (only could see the app in the task bar when hovering it showed a white screen) and the procedure Dave provided fixed mine on WIN10, FS2020 AND P2ATC V 2.6.2.0x64

Would be interested as to why this happened as it was working for a long time and suddenly had the issue today. Is it a Keystroke combination that puts it in that mode?

love the program and prefer using it when flying as the MSFS2020 act sucks. 

Thanks for a great program

19 hours ago, Dave-Pilot2ATC said:

If it's on the task bar, the procedure earlier in this thread will get it visible where you can manipulate it normally.  

Dave

I tried and tried that Dave, but originally it was absolutely stuck (i.e. P2ATC maximized or nothing). I found my solution on a google search - for info.

Best regards 

Hello, everyone
Have a new experience related to this problem, and a positive one.
After a long, long time, I have had this problem again today. After several attempts (restarts PC, restore from backup, etc.), which didn't help I came up with the following idea: Attach the program icon to the taskbar. Lo and behold, when you click on the icon in the taskbar, P2A started normally without problems.
Regards
dhondt