Sign in to follow this  
FlightSimToday

How to Re-Install MSFS2020 in Seconds

This quick video shows you how you can re-install MSFS super quick.

Please note I have the Microsoft Store version. If anyone has the Steam version please share how you would do this.

Video removed - blatant solicitation of subscribers is against Avsim TOS

• Like 2

Thanks for this,

I have MSFS 2020 installed on a separate 1TB NVME so the path and OneStore folder you show does exist but it is empty, If you did install in a different location check the following (this is my folder structure so your drive letter may vary)

G:\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore

I backup this folder with Macrium Reflect and then make an image of the entire drive as I also have X-Plane 11 on this drive as well

Hope this helps

Edited by Richdem

Richard

i7-12700K | Noctua NH-D15S Black Version | MSI Pro Z690 - A | 32 GB DDR4 3600 | Gigabyte Gaming OC 4090 | 1TB WD Blue NMVe (MSFS 2020) | 500 GB WD Black Gen 4 NVMe | 4TB WD Black Conventional | Fractal Design Torrent Case | Seasonic 1000W Gold Plus PSU | Thrustmaster Boeing Yoke | Honeycomb Throttle | Airbus Side Stick | Virpil Rudder Pedals | Sony X90K 55 Inch TV |

mmBbmS1.png

5 minutes telling you to backup your MSFS\Official\onestore folder.

• Upvote 2

-J

13700KF | RTX 4090 @ 4K | 32GB DDR5 | 2 x 1TB SSDs | 1TB M.2 NVMe

20 minutes ago, Richdem said:

Thanks for this,

I have MSFS 2020 installed on a separate 1TB NVME so the path and OneStore folder you show does exist but it is empty, If you did install in a different location check the following (this is my folder structure so your drive letter may vary)

G:\MSFS 2020\Official\OneStore

Hope this helps

are you on a Steam or Microsoft version?

9 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

I seriously hate word not allowed videos like this.

It's literally almost 2 minutes into the video before he even begins to explain anything. Before this it's two minutes of pandering for subscribers and  other "like me" nonsense. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

8 minutes ago, Twenty6 said:

Some people want to know and see it without going too fast. Its better for people to see and understand then rush through.

Thanks for your feedback.

Just now, styckx said:

I seriously hate word not allowed videos like this.

It's literally almost 2 minutes into the video before he even begins to explain anything. Before this it's two minutes of pandering for subscribers and  other "like me" nonsense. 

or dont this is up to you.

Maybe I should have timestamped it but it was only there to help and aid others. Thank you for watching anyway and I hope it helps at some point in the future.

Thanks for the useful tips and the video.

On a custom install in a Steam installation, like mine in D:\MSFS, the path of the Asobo assets is:

D:\MSFS\Official\Steam

So, there's no "OneStore" folder, but a "Steam" folder in its place. That's the one we should backup I guess.

Cheers, Ed

Edited by edpatino
  • Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

On a custom install in a Steam installation, like mine in D:\MSFS, the path of the Asobo assets is:

D:\MSFS\Official\Steam

So, there's no "OneStore" folder, but a "Steam" folder in its place. That's the one we should backup.

Cheers, Ed

I assume the contents are exactly the same.

Thank you for clearing that up. Thats the problem with no having a steam structure my end.

I am more interested in how these steps can be used to install the MS Store version into a location with a much shorter folder path.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Just now, fppilot said:

I am more interested in how these steps can be used to install the MS Store version into a location with a much shorter folder path.

As far as im aware its all default and cant be changed. You are right though its a little long winded when you look at how Steam users have it.

2 minutes ago, FlightSimToday said:

I assume the contents are exactly the same.

Thank you for clearing that up. Thats the problem with no having a steam structure my end.

Welcome, thanks to you instead.

Inside that "Steam" folder (here D:\MSFS\Official\Steam) is where I have 198 subfolders and all of the MSFS assets, with 106GB of data from Asobo.

Cheers, Ed

• Like 1

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

10 minutes ago, FlightSimToday said:

As far as im aware its all default and cant be changed. You are right though its a little long winded when you look at how Steam users have it.

No it is very easy to install to any folder (all the data files that is). This is done during the install process. The process will ask you where you want to install. It provides a default in the multi-layered user directories but I just chose c:\MSFS. This folder now contains my Community folder and the Official folder (one above Onestore). This means that whenever I install any community stuff I never have the long folder name issue. If you make a backup of the Official and Community folder, then uninstall MSFS, then do a clean install but when the installer asks where you want it installed choose a folder like I did rather than the default. Once you have done that and it starts to install then pause/crash out of the installer. Copy over your backup and run the installer again. Job done.

CJ

• Like 3

It can be done in 1 second 😄

When uninstalling (via apps) all those files in OneStore will still be present (don't delete).

After reïnstall, when starting the Sim just point the Install Manager to the same folder.

It will verify the Integrity of the folders/files and thats it.

Rule 1 - backup your official folder. 

If then you get any issues you can start a new install, stop it straight away (so it's basically only created a new location and maybe downloaded a couple of files) - exit the game and copy the entire contents of your backup into your new folder location 👍 therefore savings hours of downloading 👌

Same can be done with your community folder 

Edited by hanhamreds
  • Like 2

Ryzen 5900x - 32gb 3600Mhz RAM - Asus Strix X570-F Motherboard - ASUS TUF OC RTX 3090 - AOC AGON 32" 144Hz - LG OLED55CX5LB 55" Smart 4K Ultra HD HDR OLED - 1TB Sabrent Rocket M.2 + 2TB PCIe4.0 NVMe drive's - Samsung EVO 670 SSD 250gb - 2TB 3.5" HDD - Honeycomb Alpha Flight controls Yoke - Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog. T Flight Rudder Pedals - Trackir