Sign in to follow this  
abranpuko

This is my MSFS ai traffic with fsx converted models

Still converting fsx model to MSFS ai traffic, but it works!!!

great  EDDF airport, with realtraffic and PSXT.

I hope you like it.

Captura1.png
Captura2.png
Captura3.png
Captura4.png

• Like 7

Tell us how to do it. Please! 🙂

• Upvote 1

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

the lights look terrible though.

ASUS ROG Maximus Hero XII ▪︎ Intel i9-10900K ▪︎ NVIDIA RTX 3090 FE ▪︎ 64GB Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro ▪︎ Windows 10 Pro (21H1) ▪︎ Samsung 970 EVO Pro 1TB NVME SSD (OS Drive) ▪︎ Samsung 860 EVO 2TB SATA SSD ▪︎ Seagate 4TB SATA HDD ▪︎ Corsair RMx 850W PSU

1 hour ago, captain420 said:

They do? Hmm, looks great to me, especially better than nothing.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Steven_Miller.png?dl=1

i7-6700k Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 32GB DDR4 2666 EVGA FTW ULTRA RTX3080 12GB

2 hours ago, captain420 said:

yes, the lights on the tails completely blow out the logos.

3 hours ago, abranpuko said:

Still converting fsx model to MSFS ai traffic, but it works!!!

great  EDDF airport, with realtraffic and PSXT.

I hope you like it.

Nice. AIG is in the process of doing this as well. If you are not already involved, you should help out. No sense in duplicating work. I don't know where they are at in the process, but here are their forums

Edited by duckbilled
  • Like 1

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

This is how it is done:

AI Traffic in MSFS (Some kind of rough tutorial - the risk is all yours) (alpha-india.net)

You need to register, but it is free and it is worth it. As Kai wrote elsewhere, there will be a more complete tutorial at some point. Feel free to browse the AIG forum, there are other useful stuff there. 

As for the logo lights (and aircraft lights in general), this is a limitation of the fsx models used unfortunately. You can black out the lightmaps at the tail section, they will show fine, but you will have no illumination at night. You will see them when parked though, because of the dynamic lighting, so no big deal.

If you have ai traffic from previous sims, then you have a base. Al you need is to replace models (fs9 or p3d) with fsx models, perform some changes in the file structure (tedious, but no pain no gain), and here you go. 

By the way you will find fsx models at AIG forum, converted legally with permissions granted by the original modellers. This is how it is done right.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, duckbilled said:

No sense in duplicating work.

Ah, I see you must be new to the FSX/P3D/MSFS AI scene. 🙂

Fond memories of spending over 100 hours going through my entire AI collection to update it from FSX to P3D v4 (editing models, textures, etc.), and knowing that countless other simmers were doing the exact same thing. And of course none of us could share the completed result with the community, because the models/paints/flightplans weren't ours to share. Good times.

James

• Like 1

What's the performance like? I have poor AI traffic performance (compared to MSFS' Live Traffic) when using the default aircraft. If the performance of this is better, I might give it a shot!

1 minute ago, Redge said:

What's the performance like? I have poor AI traffic performance (compared to MSFS' Live Traffic) when using the default aircraft. If the performance of this is better, I might give it a shot!

if you use psxseecontrffic+ realtraffic provider , the game has other dimension

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Redge said:

Default aircraft as AI are framerate killers. No significant impact with aircraft specifically designed for AI traffic (fsx mdl or native glTF). The only problem you might encounter is that if ASOBO/MICROSOFT decide to stop support for legacy models. Then unfortunately everyone have  to wait for mdl to glTF conversions. 

1 hour ago, motishow said:

if you use psxseecontrffic+ realtraffic provider , the game has other dimension

exactly!

im very happy with the "realtraffic" - "psx"- "my converted fsx model" combination. Of course, some flickering models, other notm, but finally, a VERY REALISTIC traffic. moving to their jetways, taxiing and taking off or landing like in real. 

MSFS sold me a product (i bought the deluxe version) and said to me that i had real traffic into it. when i discovered that it was not all true, i begun to work in my own dream world. and finally: voila! 

MSFS has esplendid clouds, and airports and photorealistic but...empty, empty, empty. 

i cant wait 2 years!

cheers!

OK, psxseecon traffic sounds very impressive. The learning curve looks a little steep though? Are there any good tutorials out there showing how to set it all up for msfs?

Also... Are these aircraft "injected" into the sim in the same way that MSFS's own live traffic is? So that they are recognised and handled by the in-game ATC?

Edited by Redge
Asking an additional question

10 hours ago, honanhal said:

Ah, I see you must be new to the FSX/P3D/MSFS AI scene. 🙂

Fond memories of spending over 100 hours going through my entire AI collection to update it from FSX to P3D v4 (editing models, textures, etc.), and knowing that countless other simmers were doing the exact same thing. And of course none of us could share the completed result with the community, because the models/paints/flightplans weren't ours to share. Good times.

James

Actually about as old as it gets, I remember when the TTOOLS forum was opened here and people were at the beginning stages of trying to figure out how AI worked in FS2002. Then there was Project AI, UT Beta, UT, UT2, UTL...

My point was that we don't need 50 people doing the same thing over again. The AIG folks just went through all of these conversions for P3DV4, so they have done a good job at managing the process and getting the appropriate permissions. I'm sure they could use the help.

Edited by duckbilled
  • Like 2

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad