Sign in to follow this  
CFIJose

Some Devs Are Just Out of Touch

6 minutes ago, EvidencePlz said:

Don't like the price? don't buy.

Why do people say this? We all know how this works. 

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, EvidencePlz said:

Don't like the price? don't buy. Looking at the feature list and screenshots I see that Pilot's have done a great job and introduced some new mechanics as well to create a realistic rendition and local world simulation of the airport and area, and the price is affordable.

Not more realistic than the real thing. 😀

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

2 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Why do people say this? We all know how this works. 

Because they look at these types of thread like a confrontation and not a conversation.

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

Wow, that's such a large percentage. And exactly 90%, you say? Not 89%? Or 91%? Crazy.

yea well you get the idea. Piracy is funny i guess.

I've been professionally involved in software design, development, testing, support, and sales for over 50-years.  I've worked in Aerospace, Refining, Telecommunications, Accounting, Education, Industrial Control, ... etc.  I've dealt with consumers and users of software in dozens of industries on multiple platforms. 

These discussions seem really pointless and naïve based on that experience. 

Any community of software users/purchasers will support products that they need, do the job they are intended to do, and are supported and upgraded as necessary.  The market forces will reinforce software developer behaviors that are consistent with market desires and will ignore those behaviors (price, product, sales technique) that the market does not want or need.

That community of users is diverse and therefore the developers community is diverse as is the spectrum of offerings. 

No company can control the software market nor can any company dictate what the consumer wants.  Just look at the history of IBM, Netscape, Microsoft, AOL.  In 'the day" it was feared that each of them would/could/did control their market space, yet all of them have failed in many ways to dominate.  With the advent of the World Wide Web and Global Market it is impossible for big established companies or even super niche companies to dominate.

There is always one more clever entrepreneur who  can exploit each opportunity missed by current software/product vendors.

Never Fear - we the consumer are totally in control!  If you like it - Buy It - otherwise just ignore it. 

• Like 7

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

3 hours ago, Chock said:

But this about colour correcting stuff and tweaking an image is nonsense.

Interesting observation, and this is based upon what real world experience?

I'm always amused by how many experts there are here at AVSIM, particularly those who seem to know it all and are absolute experts in the field of development, yet have nothing to show for their apparent experience and level of expertise. PILOT'S has been developing FS Add-Ons since 1995, we are not new to the game and we do not make up things, such as what is being castigated as nonsense.

• Like 4
  • Upvote 1

6 hours ago, DJJose said:

I'm in noway trying to sully Pilot's reputation. They are an excellent developer. I have most of their airports for P3D and their weather generator for P3D & XPlane. I just wish that they would have done their research before trying to sell an airport for such a high price, when there's already a freeware that is good enough for most simmers.

Didn’t they just try this pricing policy with a certain new plane? I wonder how this is working out for them?

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

34 minutes ago, TacomaSailor said:

Never Fear - we the consumer are totally in control!  If you like it - Buy It - otherwise just ignore it. 

and if you don't like the conversation, take your own advice.

The simple fact the the developer has come to this thread to defend the price means that it's pretty important to inform the customer of why the add-on has been priced as it is. As an example of why I created the thread Azurepoly's LFTH was on sale recently for $5 EUR and it has plenty of photo, eye candy, and even a race track.

OQjm6ED.png

z6dJjRv.png

I'm supposed be sold on an airport because a bird can be present on the windsock?

now4t2y.jpg

If i think a certain addon is good value for money, and i can see the dev really  enhanced the airport/scenary, i have no issue with forking out for it. What does bug me is some of the stuff coming to market is actually worse than some freeware, now that should not be the case.

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

21 minutes ago, DJJose said:

I'm supposed be sold on an airport because a bird can be present on the windsock?

now4t2y.jpg

Jose, I seriously would have expected you to grasp this concept way sooner, of course, who else can tell all their friends that they have a really cool MSFS airport with an eagle sitting on a windsock! 😁

Edited by PILOT'S
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Car147 said:

What does bug me is some of the stuff coming to market is actually worse than some freeware, now that should not be the case.

That's a problem, and I wished the marketplace would be some kind of quality filter, but it's not the case and on the last Q&A, Asobo said it won't be.

How can this be improved? Maybe a demo version with a time/plane limit, or refund like on steam, comments/reviews from customers in addition with stars systems

1 hour ago, PILOT'S said:

Interesting observation, and this is based upon what real world experience?

I'm always amused by how many experts there are here at AVSIM, particularly those who seem to know it all and are absolute experts in the field of development, yet have nothing to show for their apparent experience and level of expertise. PILOT'S has been developing FS Add-Ons since 1995, we are not new to the game and we do not make up things, such as what is being castigated as nonsense.

That would be the fact that I'm an Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Expert, and an Adobe Certified Associate, all gained when being the Lead Software Trainer for the largest Adobe Authorised software pro apps training company in Europe, as well as having been a tester for many of Adobe's product line, the most famous of which as I'm sure you are aware, is Photoshop.

PS is probably the main pro app software used for colour correction on still images, although I do have training certifications and expertise in a number of other programs used for colour correction for both still images as well as for footage.

That good enough for you? 😉

Edited by Chock
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

and if you don't like the conversation, take your own advice.

what do you think this conversation accomplishes - other than a lot of noise?  Do you really think any developer who is selling product really cares what is written here?

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

i7-9700K @4.9 GHz  / Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Mobo / 32 GB DDR4 / RTX 3060 Ti 8GB GPU / AORUS FO48U 4k display
 SSD for Drive C and another SSD dedicate to Flight Sim / 1 GB Comcast Xfinity Internet connection / HP Reverb G2 / Tobii 5 Head & Eye Tracking

read about me and my sailing adventures at www.svmirador.net/WebsiteOne/ or at Flickr TacomaSailor

There are some true FS veterans in this thread, not the least of whom is Stefan/Pilot's, and yet this thread is fast becoming contentious.  I suppose we are all still getting used to our Cheese being moved.  In the end, consumer purchasing will dictate where the pricing model goes.  I too think this one is priced a mite high, but as Stefan says, I'm not privy (why on earth would the word word not allowed not be allowed here?) of their particular production costs.  If they ever release their flying boat for MSFS I'll be amongst the very first in line regardless of the price of admission.

If the scenery doesn't sell well- the price will adjust.  If it does, we will adjust... in the end water always finds its own level.  Sometimes we get a bit more emotional than we probably intended to in the first place, but that is the byproduct of passion.  I'm glad Pilots is entering the MSFS area, and hope that the end pricing will adjust downwards eventually. As someone who misses the old gal and her car at Cedar Key, I'm glad there are options to the MSFS pilot- this is a must visit locale.

C

Edited by cavaricooper
  • Like 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

15 minutes ago, Chock said:

That would be the fact that I'm an Adobe Certified Instructor, Adobe Certified Expert, and an Adobe Certified Associate, all gained when being the Lead Software Trainer for the largest Adobe Authorised software pro apps training company in Europe, as well as having been a tester for many of Adobe's product line, the most famous of which as I'm sure you are aware, is Photoshop.

PS is probably the main pro app software used for colour correction on still images, although I do have training certifications and expertise in a number of other programs used for colour correction for both still images as well as for footage.

That good enough for you? 😉

Who am I to say what is good enough, all I know is that your statement "But this about colour correcting stuff and tweaking an image is nonsense." shows blissful ignorance despite all your qualifications.

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2