Sign in to follow this  
dbw1

MSFS2020 thoughts

1 hour ago, SmokeDiddy said:

so yeah, probably a mute point looking

I kinda hate being That Guy, but if you don't tell people, they don't know.

It's moot point.  🙂

Although, in this particular case, given that once you have both feet in the grave one generally finds it difficult to talk, it might well be called a mute point, too. 

I'll get me coat.

Edited by kaosfere
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, kaosfere said:

I kinda hate being That Guy, but if you don't tell people, they don't know.

Aye, you got me.  Had I reread my post, I might have caught it.  Thanks for being That Guy!  At least you didn't have to tell me I had a booger dangling in the wind.

• Like 1

i5-6600K 3.5Ghz OC to 4.5GHz|CorsairH60 Liq Cooler|GA-Z170X-Gaming 7|GTX 1070|G.Skill Trident DDR4-3200 32GB|950 PRO M.2 250GB|850 EVO 500GB|2TB Seagate FireCuda SSHD|FractalDesign R4|Corsair RMx 750W|Win10 64bit Home|MSFS2020

I love the smell of Jet-A in the morning!

Robert Pressley a.k.a. SmokeDiddy

3 hours ago, tweekz said:

It's reasonable to say this is a brand new sim. It's not really a natural technological iteration like the current P3D or XP series. So it is asobolutely plausible to have things not working well in the beginning - even some basic stuff - while other things blow everything else away.

Well not really new anymore and they have had plenty of time to correct simple things, like the failure to restore the panel and FMC correctly, that should have worked in the first place.

Just loaded my saved (747) Transatlantic flight to resume. As expected the FMC was dead having lost the flight plan (again), however in addition the altitude selector had dropped to 10000 feet from 29000 and the set speed from 0.84 Mach to 200 knots. The autothrottle would not respond until I toggled it off and on.

So I don't actually have that much faith in Asobo or M$, all the more now they have pocketed the money people handed over for this product and the time to get a refund has long since passed.

Don't get me wrong, the visuals are beautiful but they are only one component of the full sim experience.

Edited by Elvensmith

I am enjoying MSFS 2020 flying the large transport aircraft. The A320., A321 and sometimes the 747-8, however, what takes away from the fun is the limited amount of airplanes available. I can't make videos using the 747-8 because the problem of the inability to display the fuselage titles as  they are always reversed. The titles were removed from many textures and still don't know when they can fix that problem. Three months ago I was enjoying the Airbus A330-300 and Boein747-400, now Asobo has kept those aircraft "out  of service". Another annoying issue is seeing the default A330, 747 and A380 AI aircraft. I have been searching or looking for tutorials about how to change its default textures. No luck. Otherwise, I enjoy what I got. I understand this is a new game and still we have updates to improve the game. The most frustrating part is the inability to reach someone in the support area. I paid for the deluxe premium version and I still I'm missing the Boeing 787. I tried everything and re uploaded twice. Back in November 2020 I bought the Atlanta International airport scenery from the MSFS Store. Although I paid for it, the download option did not work. To this day I have not heard from  the support department even though they gave me a "case number" I practically gave up. :)