Sign in to follow this  
bobcat999

TBM improvement mod. Update due...

3 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

How do you know the flight model is wrong??  Opinions dont count as data.

Show me 1 aircraft in MSFS 2020 that goes against the trend that all of the flight models are botched? Because you can't! They all need tweaking and modding....

tpewpb-6.png

48 minutes ago, RW1 said:

Show me 1 aircraft in MSFS 2020 that goes against the trend that all of the flight models are botched? Because you can't! They all need tweaking and modding....

Stop trolling and go play Prepar3D... Oh sorry. Of course not playing but simulating „as real as it gets“. 🤣

• Like 2

i7-10700K@5.0GHz ∣ Asus ROG Strix Gaming Z490-E Gaming ∣ 32Gb@3600MHz ∣ AMD Radeon 6900 XT

One thing I do not like with the TBM mod is that taxi thrust is set so high that you have to brake all the time.

• Like 1

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

37 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

One thing I do not like with the TBM mod is that taxi thrust is set so high that you have to brake all the time.

This is normal.  Use the beta range on the throttle for taxiing.

16 hours ago, RW1 said:

I have seen two real world 737 pilots fly the PMDG 737 in my house and each have said the systems are realistic but will point out at least a half dozen things that aren’t quite right.  They are impressed. 

However, when hand flying and manually landing they both said the exact same thing. This is not like the real plane at all.

Its a simulator. It’s always going to need a tweak. More importantly there is zero chance you can recreate the flight model and feel with cheap plastic yokes. 

It’s fun. You can learn a lot. You can experience some very real procedures. You can simulate flight. You can’t recreate it 1:1. 

Edited by TravelRunner404
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

On 2/8/2021 at 10:22 AM, bobcat999 said:

The PaulFalke flight model changes are also available at flightsim.to, but are a different project.  According to Paul Falke, it is alright to merge his engine.cfg and flight_model.cfg with this larger continuation project of MixMugz ...

Worth bearing in mind that Asobo are redoing the turboprop engine simulation at the end of April for SimUpdate4 so that may break the mod.

Edited by ckyliu

ckyliu, proud supporter of ViaIntercity.com. i5 12400F, 32GB, GTX980, more in "About me" on my profile. 

support1.jpg

3 hours ago, TravelRunner404 said:

I have seen two real world 737 pilots fly the PMDG 737 in my house and each have said the systems are realistic but will point out at least a half dozen things that aren’t quite right.  They are impressed. 

However, when hand flying and manually landing they both said the exact same thing. This is not like the real plane at all.

Its a simulator. It’s always going to need a tweak. More importantly there is zero chance you can recreate the flight model and feel with cheap plastic yokes. 

It’s fun. You can learn a lot. You can experience some very real procedures. You can simulate flight. You can’t recreate it 1:1. 

Interesting I have a bit different experience. My fried is flying for AA for over 20 years. He maid his captain in MD80 and later converted to 737 when MD were retired.

We tried PMDG 737 in P3D he setup FMC from KLAX to KSNA and nailed the approach. I nearly fell of my seat because he is not a simmer never had never tried my stick . He was really impress with PMDG and claim it was just like a real thing . He used HUD and auto throttle and flew entire flight by hands.

Looking back to that experience  I can tell if one is pro it shows in the sim right away. He is unique on a way! while he is flying 737 for a living he owns Cub and flies it a lot of leisure . He still renew his CFI and keep his GA stick and rudder skill frosty !

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

22 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well one way is to read the modders release notes and see what they have changed and why. Then you can make your own mind up, and have your own opinion on if it is closer or better to the real performance data. 

Didn't Asobo already use real performance data???  Opinions are just opinions.  Data is only as good as the source.  Who is supplying the data?  The plane maker?  I could mod some data files and say its better.  Shouldn't the actual plane manufacturer determine if its accurate?

20 hours ago, RW1 said:

You quoted me but didnt answer the question.

22 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well one way is to read the modders release notes and see what they have changed and why. Then you can make your own mind up, and have your own opinion on if it is closer or better to the real performance data. 

Here is about your flight model opinions.  Good read from a pilot/dev.

Aerosoft's comment on MSFS flight model : flightsim (reddit.com)

10 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

Here is about your flight model opinions.  Good read from a pilot/dev.

Aerosoft's comment on MSFS flight model : flightsim (reddit.com)

From the article above "Aircraft are not trains. You can’t fly heading 333" Seriously?  Am I reading it correctly?  Well I can if one can't I can teach him/her LOL

Looks like the two modders are now trying to communicate and are at least considering working together - good for the community if they do.

@Oldschool61 Hello, seems like you dont post here often. Maybe you are new, so welcome! I like the way you care about the sim.

You quoted my same post twice with some intellectual argument about opinions which I don't  fully understand. But everyone is entitled to express an opinion, but it is pointless arguing about them - it will just go round in a circles. 

But if I can provide an example (if that is what you are asking for) you could read about the Fly By Wire team working on improving the default A320, which was licenced by Asobo fro Airbus I believe, with input from Airbus.  The FBW team is made up of people that know the Airbus (even some pilots I believe), and are improving it every day - flight dynamics and all.  Asobo say they are doing great work and respect them. So maybe that is one example. 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

23 hours ago, sd_flyer said:

From the article above "Aircraft are not trains. You can’t fly heading 333" Seriously?  Am I reading it correctly?  Well I can if one can't I can teach him/her LOL

I think your missing his point.

29 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

I think your missing his point.

I'm sorry friend told friend stories often don't stick up. When I did my commercial multiengine add on I have to fly ILS approach under the hood with one engine off. Same deviation tolerances as  per commercial instrument PTS (nowdays ACS) were applied no excuses were given. Now some ATP who flies airbus can't hold heading and altitude, I'm sorry it just doesn't stick up.

While heading deviation may be acceptable for light GA due to DG precession and wacky compass, one be definitely will yelled at by ATC if wondering +/-200 feet of altitude without reasonable cause 

On 2/12/2021 at 1:34 PM, sd_flyer said:

I'm sorry friend told friend stories often don't stick up. When I did my commercial multiengine add on I have to fly ILS approach under the hood with one engine off. Same deviation tolerances as  per commercial instrument PTS (nowdays ACS) were applied no excuses were given. Now some ATP who flies airbus can't hold heading and altitude, I'm sorry it just doesn't stick up.

While heading deviation may be acceptable for light GA due to DG precession and wacky compass, one be definitely will yelled at by ATC if wondering +/-200 feet of altitude without reasonable cause 

You did read the part where he said the average heading was correct, meaning plus or minus a small amount but the final heading average was right.

• Like 1