Sign in to follow this  
m54randy

GTN 750, bank screens, anti-virus false positive

On 2/7/2021 at 10:34 AM, bdenny20 said:

You are not alone.  Mine stopped working today as well, was fine yesterday.  I also deleted the two plugins mentioned by Gregg, and I was also inundated with virus warnings.  I made sure to allow the files in Norton so they wouldn't be quarantined, but the GTN still doesn't power up in Xplane. 

This is your biggest mistake. Norton is worse than all the virus's put together. I'm surprised your computer runs at all 

Jon

• Like 1

http://www.ruscool.co.nzBanner_MJC5.png05_10_2012_14_25_54_C-GLXV_New_Paint_Apr

P3D 4.5:), X-Plane 11.55:(, MSFS 2020:), MJC Q400, Saab 340A, CRJ550, B1900, X-Crafts ERJ/EMB; Win 10x64, 32GB Ram, Samsung drives, RTX 3070 GPU, 5.3 Ghz Intel 1200. Turboprops and RJ's only.

I am sorry, you totally lost me on the last post: the last 3 exclusions are the only ones which appear to correspond to my situation; my unit is the GTN 750 ; if I exclude them from windows defender what is my next step; this is getting frustrating to follow...oh to be 30 years old, then I might understand what you are trying to tell me to do.

thank you for the notice, I've added a legend to indicate the screenshot is showing both GNS V2 and GTN exclusions. I thought the excluded file names would have been hinting what they were but it seems not, therefore it should be clearer this way.

So now that you have excluded the files in Windows Defender, can you actually locate these files in their folder on your hard drive?

Do you know how to browse the files on your computer, for example (and most likely) using a Windows File Explorer window?

If so, then just browse to the folder and cross check both rxpGtnSim##.dll files are there. If not, then reinstall the software which will copy them there.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

I looked in windows file explorer and now do not know what of the GTN files to look for, it looks like I have multiple files I have been getting more confused as to what I still need to download. It seems that when I think that I have it it always turns out that the unit does not power up.

9 hours ago, RXP said:

cross check both rxpGtnSim##.dll files are there

9 hours ago, Gene Comroe said:

and now do not know what of the GTN files to look for

At this stage, I honestly don't know how to explain it differently for you to know what to look for and how to further help you?!?

Edited by RXP

This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Is it possible for me to send you a screen shot of my x-plane directories so you can see what I have and what I need to download again?

Is there anything in the highlighted green and red text above which isn't explicit to you?

Is the following path looking like anything related to the X-Plane 11 folder to you?

21/02/11 00:04:12.852 00340 ERROR]  check if file is missing or your antivirus: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

Can you spot the RED and GREEN colors I'm using to highlighting the differences, the wrong and the right, the bad and the good?

Please let me know so that I can see what remaining options there are.

I checked windows defender and typed in the green text above; another suggestion might be to communicate by cell phone if someone can talk to me in real time, I bet we can fix this. I also received a notice just now to update from Garmin, which I did not do.

Gene...You need to listen carefully.

Your first post wrt this issue was 5th February, 2021 which is 7 days ago.
https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547734-reality-xp-gtn-750-black-screen-resolved/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-4465939

Many forum members have attempted to assist you with this, and of late, we keep repeating the same tasks. Not likely that anyone will be helping by phone.

To operate a simulator and to work with software addons requires a basic understanding of computer operation and the ability to perform common tasks. It appears that you have given it a good try and that is commendable...BUT...It is time to step back and acquire local help.

I would recommend that you gain the assistance of a family member, friend or neighbour that is comfortable around computers and have them do the tasks for you at this time. It would be wise if you were to enroll in a local community computer course, one where the basic skills are taught.

When you find an individual who can use a file browser, handle Windows Defender and complete the tasks for you, have them post the log files...

Reality XP GTN User's Manual (XPlane).pdf  (from the product installation)
C:\ Program Files (x86)\reality XP\GTN Simulations\X-Plane\

If you have no manual..
RealityXP all platform manuals/drivers downloads
http://reality-xp.com/support/trainingcenter/userguides/index.html

GTN logfiles     Page 23 0f 25 in Reality XP GTN User's Manual (XPlane)
...\My Documents\rxpGTN.xpl.log
...\My Documents\rxpGtnSim.dll.log             **false positive indication of a dll will show here** 

Later...

• Like 1

Just to add another word of advice to Draggendrop's suggestions above and that is not to let anyone talk you into enabling the Windows Remote Desktop Connection unless you absolutely trust the person as it gives that person full access to your computer via the internet.

• Like 2

Hello,

After updating my GTN750 to the latest version, Windows is detecting a backdoor virus in the software. I am just making sure that this is a false alarm (as is usually the case), and that you are aware of the flag. I have attached the info from Windows Defender.

https://imgur.com/a/ejiK6a3