Sign in to follow this  
m54randy

GTN 750, bank screens, anti-virus false positive

22 hours ago, Nils_93 said:

[...] is frankly not acceptable. 

Hi,

I'll kindly ask you to tone down please. You came in this discussion nearly "accusing" Reality XP of selling you a useless software, which you've already purchased (and I hope enjoyed) since end of 2019 already, only because the computer you are intending to use it with, imposes security measures on you, which are preventing you to add anti-virus exclusions, which you'd only have to do for our software because another 3rd party software, the anti-virus, is all of a sudden wrongly flagging our software bits.

I have no doubt language barrier and cultural differences makes conveying one's true meaning difficult sometimes, I'm not immune to the same differences, but instead of acknowledging people answers to your post were meant to finding out solutions, you've instead escalated the point you were trying to make in threatening us with legal terms and European law.

I honestly and sincerely understand your deception in not being able to use our software right now, but you can't blame Reality XP for your choice of computing platform. There is nothing implying any fit for purpose in our EULA and you'll never find any such warranty with any software unless the entire computing ecosystem it runs on is entirely controlled and managed by the software vendor (and maybe so only for highly mission critical software in highly mission critical situations).

Having said this, I'd suggest you let this go until Windows defender updates its heuristics so that you can enjoy using your RXP product on your computing platform like you'd enjoyed using it in the past. In the meantime, there is nothing else we can even possibly do and you must accept it is not any form of lack of competence or support, it is just the way it is with computers and since you're a developer, I believe you're versed in computer matters to understand this, maybe more than most.

Are we done with this matter for the time being?

PS: I've edited a few posts prior this one in order to keep the discussion on topic and to make sure no one is taking personal stabs to each other.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

26 minutes ago, RXP said:

Are we done with this matter for the time being?

Oh ok, sorry - language barrier at work. 

Did not realize that meant you´d delete my replies from now on.

• Like 2

Hi RXP,

Sorry for the delay but I am dealing with some medical issues at the moment.

I can send your direct screenshots if you could give an PM address.

In the meantime I can inform your that references are made as follows:

Backdoor:Win32/Bladabindi!ml

Refers to: File: C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.DE!ml

Trojan:Win32/Woreflint.A!cl

All are shown as Serious, quarantined and removed automatically.

All in all, this is similar behaviour as reported several times in this thread.

I will now read through in detail and follow the recommended steps to see if there is anything I can do from my side and otherwise I will delete RXP completely and ensure everything is cleaned out prior to a reinstall with recommended exclusions. Maybe I will get lucky this time.

PC info:

Enhedsnavn    XKB-2018
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8700K CPU @ 3.70GHz   3.70 GHz
Installeret RAM    32,0 GB
Enheds-id    E521E82B-D642-41F9-BE39-AXXXXXXXXXXX
Produkt-id    00331-20300-00000-AA956
Systemtype    64-bit operativsystem, x64-baseret processor
Pen og touch    Denne skærm understøtter ikke input via pen og touch input

Udgave    Windows 10 Pro
Version    20H2
Installeret d.    ‎18-‎07-‎2020
Operativsystemets build    19042.804
Visning    Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.551.0

For your information

Thanks

1 hour ago, schaefer said:

All are shown as Serious, quarantined and removed automatically.

when you click on each of these, you can display options to un-quarantine and exclude the files from the scan.

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

These signatures are capturing more and more update or installation files.  I just encountered this one this morning.  Not time to point fingers at developers.  This happens....

image.png.3aab10c15c5b676ab66aaaef3e237172.png

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere