Sign in to follow this  
m54randy

GTN 750, bank screens, anti-virus false positive

3 minutes ago, torfih said:

Anyone experienced this?

Detected: Trojan:Win32/Wacatac.DE!ml
Affected Items:C:\ProgramData\Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll

Yes.. read my topic in the P3D GTN forum.

1. Restore

2. Exclude

ps Always read the rxp log files first! 😉

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Bert

Trust is a tricky one - we might trust the vendor not to do anything malicious, but what it they rely on some third party software which does actually contain a virus? How do we know?

Personally, I have never in many years had one piece of software flagged this way, this is the first time, so it makes me a little worried.

This is not a common problem. And from the other "black screen" thread, it seems like many people have first seen this in the last day or two (me included).  Not everyone is technical enough to figure out what is going on.

Yes, of course I have a choice not to use the software, but I would prefer to hear that the vendor is going to find a way to address the issue.

10 minutes ago, uptimist1 said:

This is not a common problem. And from the other "black screen" thread, it seems like many people have first seen this in the last day or two (me included).  Not everyone is technical enough to figure out what is going on.

Yes, of course I have a choice not to use the software, but I would prefer to hear that the vendor is going to find a way to address the issue.

This DOES happen, and is outside the vendor's control.

Unfortunately.

In my case, it was triggered by a Windows Update, as best I can tell.

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

On 2/6/2021 at 8:30 AM, m54randy said:

These kind of issues should be resolved prior to release of the software, it is easy for the software developer to test and therefor know that their customers are going to experience this problem, IMHO. 

Unfortunately, this happened to users like myself who have had this software installed for years.

As best I can tell, it was triggered by a Windows Update, not a software developer action.

Read here:

Edited by Bert Pieke
  • Like 1

Bert

There is a discussion already addressing this question here:

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

@m54randy I've already answered in another discussion, please try to keep 1 topic / 1 discussion otherwise it is only spreading the info and the time to answering.

Having said this, I see nothing in the discussion @fppilot is pointing indicating anything along the lines of "put your system at risk". Anti-virus companies can flag any program because they are using fuzzy heuristics and this is the way it is. The discussion is also letting you know what measures we're taking to prevent infesting our files on our dev systems, and what you should know about using them.

If you don't agree running them for whatever reasons, please do refund your purchase.

Anyhow, we've submitted our files to Windows Defender Analysis and usually they take a couple days to sort it out with an update:

Submit a file for malware analysis - Microsoft Security Intelligence

NB: like indicated in the aforementioned discussion, even the FS2020 SDK installer was flagged by Windows Defender at one point...

PS: I'm sorry for the unusual delays since a few weeks but I'm catching up slowly but surely.

Edited by RXP

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

My GTN suddenly stopped working; I am running it on X-plane 11.51 and multiple aircraft both default and Corenado; the Plugin menu works but the unit will not turn on, even with the avionics on; I could never get it to install into the panel but have always been able to use it as a pop out I recently updated the Garmin Trainer and the latest update, which I believe is 3.0. I confess that I could not follow the instructions that I have read in multiple places

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gene Comroe said:

McAffee did not recognize the folder C:\ProgramData/Reality XP The error message was the file name is not valid. What now?

If you look around at already posted topics in both the xPlane and FSX/P3D RXP GTN sections here you'd already have your answer.  

• Like 1

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Recap from other post. Thanks for starting the new post. From last talk...

-----------------------------------copy of post---------------------------

Hello Gene...

It appears that you have 2 problems. The first is the "flagged file" from the GTN update and the second problem will be integration of the instrument into your panel. Deal with problem #1. Make your own topic about aircraft integration later once we have the GTN750 up and running.

I suggest that you now make a new topic  in this section. Call the topic "Blank screen after GTN update". Presently, you are piggy backed onto another thread and the members here have intelligently found the solution to the issues but it is a lot on your plate all at once.

Please follow these instructions.

1] Make the new topic in this section. Call the topic "Blank screen after latest GTN update".

2] Copy your original post into this new topic...
  http:// https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/547734-reality-xp-gtn-750-black-screen-resolved/page/3/?tab=comments#comment-4465939

3] Open your virus program and we are going to do 2 things...    Very important.

a] Put an "exclusion", from virus program scanning, for this folder     C:\ProgramData/Reality XP     Will explain later.

b) Check in the quarantine section for a listing of   C:\ProgramData/Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll   
      If the dll is there, remove it from quarantine. This will place it back into the proper folder.
      If the dll was there, and you removed it from quarantine...sometimes that is enough to allow it to work. If not, we will be removing and re installing the GTN and the trainer.
      Fire up X-Plane 11 and choose an aircraft, power it up and see if at least the popup/popout GTN works.

4] If you followed all of the upper 3 steps and still no luck...we will need to do this...

https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/595085-complete-uinstall-of-rxp-software/    top 3 posts

-----------------------------------------------------------------

With Macafee, make the exclusion for the file "C:\ProgramData/Reality XP".

Steps are here...This needs to be done.

https://download.mcafee.com/products/webhelp/5/affid/756/1033/GUID-BA648B78-244A-47F1-8AD6-4A57BA8955BC.html

https://service.mcafee.com/webcenter/portal/oracle/webcenter/page/scopedMD/s55728c97_466d_4ddb_952d_05484ea932c6/Page29.jspx?wc.contextURL=%2Fspaces%2Fcp&articleId=TS102056&_afrLoop=477447651295904&leftWidth=0%&showFooter=false&showHeader=false&rightWidth=0%&centerWidth=100%#!%40%40%3FshowFooter%3Dfalse%26_afrLoop%3D477447651295904%26articleId%3DTS102056%26leftWidth%3D0%25%26showHeader%3Dfalse%26wc.contextURL%3D%2Fspaces%2Fcp%26rightWidth%3D0%25%26centerWidth%3D100%25%26_adf.ctrl-state%3D1ah7gifciw_9

Reply back when you have this file "excluded from a scan"

Thanx

• Like 1

I get the same error message as before  but it did find rxpGtmSim32.dll as a quarantined file and I removed it from the quarantined file but it did not fix the problem.  I guess we will have to remove and reinstall???

6 minutes ago, Gene Comroe said:

I get the same error message as before  but it did find rxpGtmSim32.dll as a quarantined file and I removed it from the quarantined file but it did not fix the problem.  I guess we will have to remove and reinstall???

This is a good start Gene. By removing it from quarantine, I will assume that you had MacAfee allow the dll, and did not delete this from the system.

You will need to look at your manual or the links and make an exception for    C:\ProgramData/Reality XP     You will be starting a manual scan, then select custom and navigate by "browser to the folder.

For now, we can skip and do the following...

----------------------------
Uninstall GTN and trainer

Windows, Control Panel, Programs and Features...scroll down and find the "RealityXP Garmin GTN (X-Plane)" entry, right click and uninstall. While there, also find "Garmin GTN Trainer" and right click, uninstall as well.

Carry on with the reinstall of the GTN and trainer via the F1 wrapper.

----------------------------------------

Reinstall

http://reality-xp.com/index.html#tabs     use "<" or ">" to toggle between GTN and GNS products

Click "Download E-Commerce Installer" button and download the "rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe" into your downloads folder.

Launch the "rxpGTN-750-XPL.exe" and an initial app page will load. Do the internet connectivity to server test. When done a new app tab will appear.

"This Computer" selection is selected...hit "continue" button.

A product info screen appears about the trainer download...hit "OK" button.

The information app tab appears and is prefilled with your information, just click the "Click Here to Reinstall" button and install the software.

Rule of thumb...Initial download to the "Downloads" folder. Read before you click. When asked for location of X-Plane 11 folder...use the browse feature and direct it to the folder X-Plane 11  (usually on the desktop)

-----------------------------------------

Do the uninstall and install as above..take your time.

• Like 1

installing the new update2.5.28.0 not possible because the error

2PQi5Xi.jpg

banner_f33_2.pngGV9Ut3S.jpg

X-Plane 11 -My favorite aircraft F33A BONANZA XPLANE 11 REP , CAR PREMIER 1A

Hello jefken

Have you checked in your antivirus solution for a quarantine of..
 C:\ProgramData/Reality XP\rxpGtnSim32.dll 
 If it is there, allow and remove from quarantine..false positive.

Have you made an "exclusion", from virus program scanning, for this folder..
 C:\ProgramData/Reality XP

Give the above a try and see where we are.

Worse case, see post above you for removal and reinstall of GTN and the trainer.

Have a good day

• Like 1