Jump to content

Sign in to follow this  
Simicro

Saigon (VVTS) and other airports by Viet Sim Scenery

Recommended Posts

Hi Folks,

Today I googled to see if there is another scenery of Tan Son Nhat airport (VVTS) other than the Thai Creation representation for... FS2004.

And I've come across Viet Sim Scenery a developer who has released recently a couple of vietnamese airports.

For the price (less than 10 USD) sure those are not high-end sceneries. Additionnally, many screenshots are by night so we don't see clearly. But I might consider buying one airport because I'd love to have an international vietnamese airport.

Anyone have bought an airport from them?

 


- TONY -
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
7 hours ago, Simicro said:

Hi Folks,

Today I googled to see if there is another scenery of Tan Son Nhat airport (VVTS) other than the Thai Creation representation for... FS2004.

And I've come across Viet Sim Scenery a developer who has released recently a couple of vietnamese airports.

For the price (less than 10 USD) sure those are not high-end sceneries. Additionnally, many screenshots are by night so we don't see clearly. But I might consider buying one airport because I'd love to have an international vietnamese airport.

Anyone have bought an airport from them?

 

Hi,

I’m one of the beta tester for their product. Currently you will have problem with dynamic lighting for P3D V5 with VVTS airport. Planning to release the update soon
It’s a one-man project and he is very new to the designing scenery. 
Cheers, 

  • Like 1

Hoang Le

i7 10700F - ASUS ROG STRIX B460-F GAMING - 16GB Corsair DDR4-2666 - EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked

P3D v5

Share this post


Link to post

I have bought VVTS and am running it under P3DV5 HF1. There are some issues but the developer is working to solve them.

He will bring out VVNB in the near future and I will for sure buy it.

  • Like 1

Erhard

i7 8086k OC 5.0 ROG Maximus XI 16GB DDR4 Termaltake AIO / RTX 2080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Share this post


Link to post

I will watch for these when released for P3dV5. Be nice if he could do some airports in Cambodia as well.

Share this post


Link to post

I saw these appear on Simmarket but did not buy them. Judging by the screenshots they are too simplistic for me. It also doesn't help that the screenshots do a poor job of showcasing the product. I would recommend the author to include many, many more daytime screenshots giving both overviews as well as closeups of the scenery.

  • Like 1

Benjamin van Soldt

Windows 10 64bit - i5-8600k @ 4.7GHz - ASRock Fatality K6 Z370 - EVGA GTX1070 SC 8GB VRAM - 16GB Corsair Vengeance LPX @ 3200MHz - Samsung 960 Evo SSD M.2 NVMe 500GB - 2x Samsung 860 Evo SSD 1TB (P3Dv4/5 drive) - Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200RPM - Seasonic FocusPlus Gold 750W - Noctua DH-15S - Fractal Design Focus G (White) Case

Share this post


Link to post

Hi all,

Thank you for your feedback.

Agree with you Benjamin regarding more daytime screenshots and closeups of the scenery.

On the other hand I am tempted to buy one airport to encourage the author because vietnamese airports are very rare.

 

  • Upvote 2

- TONY -
 

 

Share this post


Link to post

At the price he is asking you cannot go wrong, I have bought worse for much more.

To be fair, the page clearly states that it is for P3D up to V4. Main main issue are the runway markings, but he is working on them.


Erhard

i7 8086k OC 5.0 ROG Maximus XI 16GB DDR4 Termaltake AIO / RTX 2080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Share this post


Link to post

Hello,
So this is going to be the final beta version of Noi Bai Intl Airport VVNB before going out to simmarket, there are errors to the AFCAD and texture, he has done his best, so enjoy as much as you can!

Updates to Tan Son Nhat Intl Airport VVTS will come soon.

Cheers,

2021-2-26-16-52-4-550.jpg


2021-2-26-16-53-17-785.jpg


2021-2-26-16-58-46-423.jpg


2021-2-26-16-59-17-889.jpg


2021-2-26-17-2-17-837.jpg


2021-2-26-17-4-33-593.jpg
 

Edited by Hoang
  • Like 1

Hoang Le

i7 10700F - ASUS ROG STRIX B460-F GAMING - 16GB Corsair DDR4-2666 - EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked

P3D v5

Share this post


Link to post

Hello Hoang,

Many thanks for the screens. Looks OK/good for the price.

I'll get VVTS (I'm originally from there) when the update is released.

As you are beta-tester, please keep us informed of any news in this thread.

By the way, can you please tell the developer that it would be nice if he comes here on AVSIM to discuss with us?


- TONY -
 

 

Share this post


Link to post
6 hours ago, Simicro said:

Hello Hoang,

Many thanks for the screens. Looks OK/good for the price.

I'll get VVTS (I'm originally from there) when the update is released.

As you are beta-tester, please keep us informed of any news in this thread.

By the way, can you please tell the developer that it would be nice if he comes here on AVSIM to discuss with us?

Hello,

Thank you. The update for other airports from him will be around Sunday or early next week. 

If there is anything just give me a message I will pass it to him, he does not have an account here in avsim.

Btw, Noi Bai VVNB is released over at simmarket

https://secure.simmarket.com/viet-sim-scenery-vvnb-noi-bai-international-airport-newly-rebuildt-fsx-p3d1-5.phtml?fbclid=IwAR0EIZQpg1_LdXxWiPqiSFg48GB6MgBG2O_3sCgKtn8-pCZI_ZnYs3bs1YU

Cheers,

 

  • Like 1

Hoang Le

i7 10700F - ASUS ROG STRIX B460-F GAMING - 16GB Corsair DDR4-2666 - EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked

P3D v5

Share this post


Link to post
9 hours ago, Hoang said:

Thanks for the heads up I will go there straight away to purchase.

I have memories of my first arrival there in the mid-90ies when CX had to park their A340 somewhere out on the taxiway and we queued up outside of the shed that was immigration and baggage delivery. I have experienced what is now terminal 1 but terminal 2 was built after my last visit (same as the new terminal in VVTS).


Erhard

i7 8086k OC 5.0 ROG Maximus XI 16GB DDR4 Termaltake AIO / RTX 2080 TI 3 x 55" LED TV, 2 more PCs for displays and hardware connection Prosim A320

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, A340Bangla said:

Thanks for the heads up I will go there straight away to purchase.

I have memories of my first arrival there in the mid-90ies when CX had to park their A340 somewhere out on the taxiway and we queued up outside of the shed that was immigration and baggage delivery. I have experienced what is now terminal 1 but terminal 2 was built after my last visit (same as the new terminal in VVTS).

Now all I need is the VNA repaint of new PMDG 777-200ER...


Hoang Le

i7 10700F - ASUS ROG STRIX B460-F GAMING - 16GB Corsair DDR4-2666 - EVGA GTX 1080 SuperClocked

P3D v5

Share this post


Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
  • Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online


  • Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

    AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

    Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.
  • Donation Goals

    AVSIM's 2020 Fundraising Goal

    Donate to our annual general fundraising goal. This donation keeps our doors open and providing you service 24 x 7 x 365. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. We reset this goal every new year for the following year's goal.


    43%
    $10,985.00 of $25,000.00 Donate Now
×
×
  • Create New...