Sign in to follow this  
DaveH

Mouse Control

Having trouble controlling mouse position when scanning instrument panel.  View shifts around as I move mouse and sometimes I cannot even press a switch because mouse will not stay put.  Sometimes view will rotate. 

I believe I remember a post solving this problem, but searching I cannot find anything.

I think it has something to do with "Camera Controls" in the keyboard settings.

Can anyone suggest  where to look or what to do ?

Dave Hinson

1 hour ago, DaveH said:

Having trouble controlling mouse position when scanning instrument panel.  View shifts around as I move mouse and sometimes I cannot even press a switch because mouse will not stay put.  Sometimes view will rotate. 

I believe I remember a post solving this problem, but searching I cannot find anything.

I think it has something to do with "Camera Controls" in the keyboard settings.

Can anyone suggest  where to look or what to do ?

Dave Hinson

Did you try pressing on the mouse wheel to stop the mouse from changing view while trying to adjust something?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

If you zoom in close to a dial/knob/switch, it will stop moving and you can adjust it to your heart's content without it jumping around.

[ This Content Is Restricted To Avsim Premium Members ]

This is interesting to note. I have the issue of the left click, where sometimes when changing, for example, speed or heading or any other knob, etc it does not move!

I have a new Omen wireless mouse where this started, so I changed over to a wired mouse and it is still the same. Vert frustrating but it is only happening in cockpits.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Martin

Martin Parr

Retired professional yacht skipper for vessels up to 46m

System: Omen 30L GT13-0054na Gaming PC; Windows 10 Home  64-bit OS; Intel Core i9-10900K CPU @ 3.7GHz; RAM 32GB; Samsung S34J55x Monitor 3440x1440 @75 Hz Resolution; NVIDIA GeForce RTX 2080 Ti. MSFS P/D; TM Pendular Rudder Pedals, TM Warthog Hortas Throttle/Joystick Combo.

This, I find, is perfect for mouse control:

Swiss-Cheese.jpgFailing that, try having a look at this.

• Like 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here