Sign in to follow this  
LouP

People inside terminals

On 4/30/2022 at 2:15 PM, virtuali said:

In fact, I even toyed with the idea of purposely including again the OMSI granny, this time proudly walking outside the airplane with a boxed copy of "OMSI Bus Simulator" in her hands, as an inside joke.

That made my afternoon, Thanks virtuali 🙂 Looking forward to getting GSX as I have done in the past for FSX, P3D etc.

I don't really need it TBH. However, I don't mind it if its not taking more than 10 FPS for the interiors. 

Funny enough, yesterday I watched this streamer guy called Chewwy94. He was on some 3rd party addon of Belfast city on Northern Ireland, which seemed to have all these interiors stuff. 

He said the performance are not great. And he got some beefy PC... maybe others addons are different...

I9-11900K, 3080 12GB, 64gb, SSD's only, W11 PRO

If your computer can handle photogrammetry I wouldn't worry too much about airport interiors.

Compare it to this:

What a waste of polygons lol. Not only on the surface of this road near Perugia Italy (appr. 10km), but also below 🙂

I didn't notice any performance degradation btw.

Bi7TTqY.png

EPJwWjh.png

qd5c0hU.png

9 minutes ago, Gerwil said:

What a waste of polygons lol. Not only on the surface of this road near Perugia Italy (appr. 10km), but also below 🙂

I didn't notice any performance degradation btw.

I'd report this on the official forums too

On 3/1/2021 at 7:39 AM, LouP said:

Just curious.  Are they purposely trying to slow down our computers?  I'm trying to wrap my head around why they would add people (sometimes moving around) inside an airport terminal in MSFS.  How many of you have actually got out of your aircraft an gone inside to see what's going on.  I just think the resources could be better spent making the simulator work more smoothly.  I remember a long long time ago a I was getting such a kick out of taxiing a 747 around an airport when a friend of mine says to me "It's a FLIGHT simulator, not a TAXI simulator".  Can we save the people moving around INSIDE the terminal for the world simulator and make the flight simulator fly smoothly first?  Just a thought!

LouP

Bro, there are people who want to simulate being a captain so yes, they want to see people and maybe people even line up. Like bro

I agree wholeheartedly with the OP. However, I think it's a good idea to see passengers from the flightdeck through a terminal window. They don't have to be moving, just see some sitting or standing in a queue, as I've witnessed at some airports I own, that's no hit on performance, and it adds to the immersion. I have to admit, IMO, it actually kills immersion to see a completely empty terminal while sat in the flightdeck, but as I say, there doesn't have to be any animated passengers. :wink:

Edited by Rockliffe
  • Like 1

Howard
MSI Mag B650 Tomahawk MB, Ryzen7-7800X3D CPU@5ghz, Arctic AIO II 360 cooler, Nvidia RTX3090 GPU, 32gb DDR5@6000Mhz, SSD/2Tb+SSD/500Gb+OS, Corsair 1000W PSU, Philips BDM4350UC 43" 4K IPS, MFG Crosswinds, TQ6 Throttle, Fulcrum One Yoke
My FlightSim YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/@skyhigh776

I agree that performance is important but I for one quite like animated people inside terminals (as long as you can see them through the windows). One „aha moment“ was when I was parked at the gate of Aerosoft‘s outstanding EBBR Brussels for the first time. The incredibly detailed scenery, the moving passengers inside the terminal, the airport vehicles moving smoothly at the correct speed, it all added immensely to the immersion. It just looked more real than anything I‘d seen in a flight sim before. Of course it’s not necessary, like so many other things we love in flightsim, but it makes it more immersive and that‘s something many of us want (and no, I‘m not „playing“ pilot). As for performance, EBBR runs pretty smoothly on my rig, better than many much smaller airports like e.g. Gaya‘s Florence for example and also better than Asobo‘s LFDG, both of which have no moving people. 

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2