Sign in to follow this  
LouP

People inside terminals

I don’t see the issue with having people in the terminals. Gives you something to look at other than a featureless window.

• Like 6
  • Upvote 1

I'm a GA kinda guy and rarely do the terminal thing!  Again, I have no issue with the people if you can see them in regular airport operations.  But there is a cost to everything.

LouP

1 hour ago, LouP said:

I just think the resources could be better spent making the simulator work more smoothly.  I remember a long long time ago a I was getting such a kick out of taxiing a 747 around an airport when a friend of mine says to me "It's a FLIGHT simulator, not a TAXI simulator".  Can we save the people moving around INSIDE the terminal for the world simulator and make the flight simulator fly smoothly first?  Just a thought!

This part of your post makes no sense. Asobo isn’t the one doing this, it’s the third party scenery creators.

None of Asobo’s airports have people inside the terminals.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

Boy, if I new how touchy a topic this was......   lol  People, they're not real people in FS.

LouP

Edited by LouP

This is the reason some of these sceneries are such performance killers. Never understood the need to add so much unnecessary details. All I care about is a convincing looking airport to make flying in and out enjoyable without the word not allowed performance

• Like 1

Yes, make the runways accurate and put in the correct buildings in the correct positions, and I'm happy.

LouP

3 minutes ago, devgrp said:

This is the reason some of these sceneries are such performance killers. Never understood the need to add so much unnecessary details. All I care about is a convincing looking airport to make flying in and out enjoyable without the word not allowed performance

If the scenery developers optimize properly you won’t notice any major performance hits.

Some devs use LODs so the interiors don’t render until you’re next to the terminal, saving a lot of performance.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, LouP said:

Boy, if I new how touchy a topic this was......   lol  People, they're not real people in FS.

LouP

I don’t know if that was referring to me but honestly I’m not touchy, you won’t get no personal attacks from me just a difference of opinion Lou, in a forum like this isn’t a bad thing I don’t think if people are getting their point across in the right way 😊

But yeah your a GA guy I’m more of a metal tube guy so we have different wants from the sim but that shouldn’t mean we both can get them without dismissing the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Tuskin38 said:

If the scenery developers optimize properly you won’t notice any major performance hits

and we all know that doesnt always happen

• Like 1

1 minute ago, devgrp said:

and we all know that doesnt always happen

True, but shouldn’t the emphasis be on the devs to correct it rather than hey let’s not add all this because 1. I don’t like it and 2. It’s killing my performance.

Just now, Carts85 said:

True, but shouldn’t the emphasis be on the devs to correct it rather than hey let’s not add all this because 1. I don’t like it and 2. It’s killing my performance.

The only thing I care about is having a silky smooth performance. I could care less about all the other word not allowed

15 minutes ago, devgrp said:

The only thing I care about is having a silky smooth performance. I could care less about all the other word not allowed

Yeah that’s a common theme round here, if it’s not something I like or I use or I care about then screw everyone else and what they like. Theres lots of things I don’t care for but I can have the capacity to appreciate that some people do.

Edited by Carts85
  • Like 4
  • Upvote 1

It's not 1999 anymore. The GPU's are extremely powerful. Rendering moving AI people in the terminal should not be taxing at all.

We need more, including first person in multiplayer mode so you can meet real simmers at buildings or terminals. For instance if you have a Virtual Airline, all pilots can meet for the team meeting in real time.  Or you can fly to Flight Sim expo to watch presentations etc.

Edited by Greazer
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

I like it bring me more animation, wildlife, fire, smoke, traffic etc even if I run at 10 fps. It makes the game/sim more life like.

Edited by jbdbow1970
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Greazer said:

It's not 1999 anymore. The GPU's are extremely powerful. Rendering moving AI people in the terminal should not be taxing at all.

We need more, including first person in multiplayer mode so you can meet real simmers at buildings or terminals. For instance if you have a Virtual Airline, all pilots can meet for the team meeting in real time.  Or you can fly to Flight Sim expo to watch presentations etc.

OMG, people will never leave their homes. LOL

LouP