Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bobrbend

Where's 5.2, or at least hotfix 2?

Just curious if anybody's heard anything about one or the other of these happening?

Dan Cole

....due the NDA we are not allowed to talk about any of such topics

😇Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

You are long enough around to know that LM doesn’t  tell anything about release dates....

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

2 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

due the NDA we are not allowed to talk about any of such topics

you're not allowed to talk about this until when? 😁

Jean-Luc | reality-xp.com
This message from Reality XP is protected by a disclaimer: reality-xp.com/aboutrealityxp/email.html

Let your voice be heard and help us make a difference for you: Vote !
Open up communications with Reality-XP (Microsoft Flight Simulator Forums)

Just now, RXP said:

you're not allowed to talk about this until when? 😁

Ask Simbol if he has some holiday scheduled...... 😂

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Ask Simbol if he has some holiday scheduled...... 😂

😂😂😂
No holidays due to Corona. That means no updates till after the pandemic.... 

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

As long as the next update fixes glowing aircraft at night with dynamic reflections on, LM can take all the time they want.

Kyle Weber (Private Pilot, ASEL; Flight Test Engineer)
Check out my repaints and downloads, all right here on AVSIM

Speaking of this, can someone point me to a helpful post or guide on how to update all 3 components of P3D when one has most of their scenery installed outside P3D including all the global Orbx products? I do have some stuff installed inside the sim such as Flightbeam and DD scenery. 

In the past I would uninstall everything and start all over but that is such a pain.

Eric 

38 minutes ago, B777ER said:

In the past I would uninstall everything and start all over but that is such a pain.

This has never been needed. Just uninstall P3D complete, then install it completely into the same path. After this start it one time, stop it again and start ORBX Central. Check files for Global Base pack, Buildings HD, Trees HD and finally install the textures from ASCA and all Envtex settings, if you have these programs. Only P3D has to be uninstalled, no other program, plane or scenery. Everything stays installed, if you don´t delete it. It doesn´t matter if it´s inside the sim or outside. Uninstalling P3D only removes its files, no others. But if textures are replaced, the uninstaller does not recognize this. It deletes all filenames it installed. 

If you go from 4 to 5 of course, things are a bit different. Let´s talk about it, when 6 is out. 

Regards

Dan

OS=WIN11 Home, Sim=P3D5 5.4 (P3D4 and FSX for install reasons)
Addons=ORBX, ASCA, AS, TOGA and tons of sceneries, aircraft

MB=Gigabyte AORUS Z790 Elite AX, CPU=i13900K, Cooling=Be quiet! Pure Loop II FX
GPU=KFA2 RTX3090 24 GB, RAM=64 GB DDR5-5600, HOTAS=Logitech G Saitek X52 Pro

Visit my website for fixes and addons: https://sites.google.com/view/dans-p3d-mods

19 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

This has never been needed. Just uninstall P3D complete, then install it completely into the same path. After this start it one time, stop it again and start ORBX Central. Check files for Global Base pack, Buildings HD, Trees HD and finally install the textures from ASCA and all Envtex settings, if you have these programs. Only P3D has to be uninstalled, no other program, plane or scenery. Everything stays installed, if you don´t delete it. It doesn´t matter if it´s inside the sim or outside. Uninstalling P3D only removes its files, no others. But if textures are replaced, the uninstaller does not recognize this. It deletes all filenames it installed.

One big caveat here--this only works if you have FTX Global installed in an external library--otherwise, FTXG overwrites default textures, and those are replaced any time you do a Scenery component update.  If you disabled any of the Orbx files as is often needed for compatibility with other add-on scenery, all those files you removed/disabled will be replaced when you run the "check files" in Orbx Central.  I finally wrote a batch file that I add to every time I have to remove Orbx components, and I run that batch after every use of Orbx Central to re-disable the files that conflict with my other sceneries.

If you run UTX or any other scenery add-on or enhancement that alters the terrain.cfg file, that will need some attention, too (e.g. in UTX doing a quick disable then a quick enable forces a re-write of the UTX entries in the terrain.cfg file).

In general, if any addon changed any default files, they'll be overwritten (e.g. spotlight.fx, Drzewiecki Designs enhanced grass textures, etc) and you'll need to reinstall the program if you want to get those changes back.  Fortunately, the number of add-ons that alter the default files is getting pretty small, but in a large, sophisticated configuration you're bound to run into some of those aggravations.

As is always the case, it's never quite as simple as it sounds at first.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

33 minutes ago, blaunarwal said:

If you go from 4 to 5 of course, things are a bit different. Let´s talk about it, when 6 is out. 

Regards

Dan

That seems way to easy. When you say "check files" with Orbx central, do you mean verify files?

Eric 

Just now, w6kd said:

One big caveat here--this only works if you have FTX Global installed in an external library--otherwise, FTXG overwrites default textures, and those are replaced any time you do a Scenery component update.  If you disabled any of the Orbx files as is often needed for compatibility with other add-on scenery, all those files you removed/disabled will be replaced when you run the "check files" in Orbx Central.  I finally wrote a batch file that I add to every time I have to remove Orbx components, and I run that batch after every use of Orbx Central to re-disable the files that conflict with my other sceneries.

If you run UTX or any other scenery add-on or enhancement that alters the terrain.cfg file, that will need some attention, too (e.g. in UTX doing a quick disable then a quick enable forces a re-write of the UTX entries in the terrain.cfg file).

In general, if any addon changed any default files, they'll be overwritten (e.g. spotlight.fx, Drzewiecki Designs enhanced grass textures, etc) and you'll need to reinstall the program if you want to get those changes back.  Fortunately, the number of add-ons that alter the default files is getting pretty small, but in a large, sophisticated configuration you're bound to run into some of those aggravations.

As is always the case, it's never quite as simple as it sounds at first.

All of my Orbx files are installed inside the sim. My apologies for not making that clear. So I guess a full reinstall of Orbx will be needed. But everything outside the sim would not be correct?

Eric 

1 minute ago, B777ER said:

All of my Orbx files are installed inside the sim. My apologies for not making that clear. So I guess a full reinstall of Orbx will be needed. But everything outside the sim would not be correct?

In that case, you'll have to reinstall FTX Global, HD Trees, and HD Buildings if you have them.  Preferably in a library this time so you won't have to do that again in the future.

Everything installed outside P3D and referenced via the two add-ons.cfg files should be left alone by the uninstaller/installer.  Should be.

I can't recommend strongly enough making a snapshot of all your important config files with Lorby-SI's P3D Addon Manager before starting a module replacement.  That way you have something to fall back on if anything gets boogered-up.  And a full system backup is even better still.

Bob Scott | President and CEO, AVSIM Inc
ATP Gulfstream II-III-IV-V

System1 (P3Dv5/v4): i9-13900KS @ 6.0GHz, water 2x360mm, ASUS Z790 Hero, 32GB GSkill 7800MHz CAS36, ASUS RTX4090
Samsung 55" JS8500 4K TV@30Hz,
3x 2TB WD SN850X 1x 4TB Crucial P3 M.2 NVME SSD, EVGA 1600T2 PSU, 1.2Gbps internet
Fiber link to Yamaha RX-V467 Home Theater Receiver, Polk/Klipsch 6" bookshelf speakers, Polk 12" subwoofer, 12.9" iPad Pro
PFC yoke/throttle quad/pedals with custom Hall sensor retrofit, Thermaltake View 71 case, Stream Deck XL button box

Sys2 (MSFS/XPlane): i9-10900K @ 5.1GHz, 32GB 3600/15, nVidia RTX4090FE, Alienware AW3821DW 38" 21:9 GSync, EVGA 1000P2
Thrustmaster TCA Boeing Yoke, TCA Airbus Sidestick, 2x TCA Airbus Throttle quads, PFC Cirrus Pedals, Coolermaster HAF932 case

Portable Sys3 (P3Dv4/FSX/DCS): i9-9900K @ 5.0 Ghz, Noctua NH-D15, 32GB 3200/16, EVGA RTX3090, Dell S2417DG 24" GSync
Corsair RM850x PSU, TM TCA Officer Pack, Saitek combat pedals, TM Warthog HOTAS, Coolermaster HAF XB case

13 minutes ago, B777ER said:

That seems way to easy. When you say "check files" with Orbx central, do you mean verify files?

Yes.....and than go to ORBX - Help - press Sync Simulator. 

That's it. I do this very very often.......I reinstall my Simulator multiple Times a week.......

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

• Tom Allensworth,
    Founder of AVSIM Online

• Flight Simulation's Premier Resource!

AVSIM is a free service to the flight simulation community. AVSIM is staffed completely by volunteers and all funds donated to AVSIM go directly back to supporting the community. Your donation here helps to pay our bandwidth costs, emergency funding, and other general costs that crop up from time to time. Thank you for your support!

Click here for more information and to see all donations year to date.