Sign in to follow this  
mpo910

List: What should be fixed with a next release of P3D

@mpo910 excellent Marcus, I'll add to my post there from a few days ago as well then you can link to that if you need to.

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, kevinfirth said:

@mpo910 excellent Marcus, I'll add to my post there from a few days ago as well then you can link to that if you need to.

Super! Please parse me the link....that would spare my time to search.

I will link them.

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 minute ago, mpo910 said:

Super! Please parse me the link....that would spare my time to search.

I will link them.

P3D future development - Prepar3D Forums

Not added to yet...

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

xaP1VAU.png

Beside an overhaul on the AG I also would like to see smoother AG batchloading instead of popping up.

And with a new implementation of AG also better performance. Look at MSFS : 3-4x density with better performance...

• Like 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

30 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Thanks - I have linked them!

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Beside an overhaul on the AG I also would like to see smoother AG batchloading instead of popping up.

And with a new implementation of AG also better performance. Look at MSFS : 3-4x density with better performance...

I have updated my thread with more comments and information, I urge you all to do the same and link to my thread as well.

Hopefully if they are seen as part of a linked agenda, rather than just individual comments, with attention drawn to them by Marcus, at least we can be confident they will be considered.

xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Yes indeed. I saw this too. 

In P3D there seem to be a difference between the Autogen and Complex Autogen loading.

Normal houses etc, are smooth, complex scenery buildings, like industry, big buildings etc, are still popping in at a specific distance. 

Did you noticed this too?

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

In P3D there seem to be a difference between the Autogen and Complex Autogen loading.

Normal houses etc, are smooth, complex scenery buildings, like industry, big buildings etc, are still popping in at a specific distance. 

Marcus

I can't say I have, as I have my autogen distance slider one notch from maximum and I think with my visibility settings if it happens, I don't notice it.

I have noticed that some models/autogen shows through mist, but only in external view, not from the VC.  This means it MUST be a rendering issue for the same asset to be displayed differently in different views? I will link to that thread also...

Edited by kevinfirth

xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

I have noticed that some models/autogen shows through mist, but only in external view, not from the VC.  This means it MUST be a rendering issue for the same asset to be displayed differently in different views? I will link to that thread also...

Yes. I had that too, it is already reported and you can fix this temp by making this change in your shaders. It was a work around delivered by Beau Hollis (Dev at LM).

No need to link 😉 

1. Open P3DInstallDirectory\ShadersHLSL\FuncLibrary.fxh
2. Look for this around line 780 (if you use Shader mods the line could be a different number):
Code select all (or comment out with //)

vProj[2][2] += ZBias * 4.76837158e-7; 

and overwrite/add:

float zBiasOverride = ZBias;
    if (ZBias < 0) zBiasOverride = -1 + ZBias * 0.03333333; 
    vProj[2][2] += zBiasOverride * 4.76837158e-7;

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

42 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Marcus

Absolutely Marcus.
Like I wrote : MSFS is smoother with 3-4x more AG. 

With Fs2000 there was an Addon that adjusted settings when the framerate got below as certain value. 
Can’t remember the name though, but I owned it.

It never got updated to Fs2004.

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

7 minutes ago, GSalden said:

Absolutely Marcus.
Like I wrote : MSFS is smoother with 3-4x more AG. 

With Fs2000 there was an Addon that adjusted settings when the framerate got below as certain value. 
Can’t remember the name though, but I owned it.

It never got updated to Fs2004.

Gerard,

just open a "new" requirement at LM for "FPS dependent Autogen loading" and "fix Patch Loading Autogen".

I will add my thoughts on this. I was also thinking maybe the quality of autogen can be also depending on "distance" and "FPS-ranges".

Gain "max polygons" at certain higher FPS ranges? 

Who needs a complex object with dozens of "triangles/polygons" at FL 100 upwards for instance (maybe it is already optimized.....I don´t know...texture request distance)?

Marcus 

Edited by mpo910

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

21 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

Gerard,

just open a "new" requirement at LM for "FPS dependent Autogen loading" and "fix Patch Loading Autogen".

I will add my thoughts on this. I was also thinking maybe the quality of autogen can be also depending on "distance" and "FPS-ranges".

Gain "max polygons" at certain higher FPS ranges? 

Who needs a complex object with dozens of "triangles/polygons" at FL 100 upwards for instance (maybe it is already optimized.....I don´t know...texture request distance)?

Marcus 

With TE products the houseblocks that are connected to the Scenery Conplexity slider can be seen up to the horizon when flying at 20.000 ft where AG has faded away already.

Thaf costs FPS and causes stutters ...

I will open a new Request topic at the LM forum.

regards, Gerard

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, GSalden said:

With TE products the houseblocks that are connected to the Scenery Conplexity slider can be seen up to the horizon when flying at 20.000 ft where AG has faded away already.

Thaf costs FPS and causes stutters ...

I will open a new Request topic at the LM forum.

regards, Gerard

I believe that's because they aren't actually autogen but are a very large simobject model to show irregular shaped buildings. It's the way Orbx have chosen to depict these structures outside the autogen system.

xaP1VAU.png

On 3/3/2021 at 11:56 AM, GSalden said:

Go get some fresh air, That will help cooling down your temper.

All Addons  I have , being it airports, aircraft or countries or objects or weather programs help with improving the sim.

The virgin P3D is a base on which everyone can build the sim he/she likes.

You cannot expect LM to add it all....

Btw : no issues on my side with the individual you are referring too. If your approach is like your last post I can imagine that you will have a bad experience over there...

If you're going to post screenshots of your sim, then you should also disclose what addons you are using.  Your signature is very detailed about both of your very capable and expensive systems, yet there is nothing about all the 3rd party addons you have.

This thread is about improvements to the next version of P3D, so posting a screenshot of scenery heavily modified by 3rd party software is at worst misleading, and at best doesn't help the discussion.

Dave

Edited by dave2013

Simulator: P3Dv5.4

System Specs: Intel i7 13700K CPU, MSI Mag Z790 Tomahawk Motherboard, 32GB DDR5 6000MHz RAM, Nvidia GeForce RTX 4070 Video Card, 3x 1TB Samsung 980 Pro M.2 2280 SSDs, Windows 11 Home OS

14 minutes ago, dave2013 said:

If you're going to post screenshots of your sim, then you should also disclose what addons you are using.  Your signature is very detailed about both of your very capable and expensive systems, yet there is nothing about all the 3rd party addons you have.

This thread is about improvements to the next version of P3D, so posting a screenshot of scenery heavily modified by 3rd party software is at worst misleading, and at best doesn't help the discussion.

Dave

Please Dave. Do not start this again. It is not hard to get impressions about P3D defaults and ORBX products. Dozens of comparison videos in YouTube. Dozens threads here at avsim with screenshots. 

Gerard did just show his setup with lights and add-ons enhancing lights. 

P3D isn't nice out of the box. We all know this. And if a newbie has questions about this, we answer honestly. 

I opened this thread and I have lots of good input gained here and elsewhere and already posted it at LM support.

So all fine. 

What's your input by the way? Your post is also off topic 😉

Marcus

Edited by mpo910
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png