Sign in to follow this  
in2tech

Busch League Legends- Xcub-Amphibious-Tundra-Float-Alpine

1 hour ago, Mike62 said:

Has anyone had trouble with water Rudder toggle (Ctrl+W), on my system, does not seem to do anything.  I looked and that was the correct command for water rudder. 

Thanks,

Mike

I my case, it is the left Ctrl + W keys

Bert

For me the water rudder lowers visibly and it shows the message in the cockpit.

But lowering the water rudder does not change the steering handling at all for me.

Which also means that the aircraft is uncontrollable when floating with winds around 10 kts. It is impossible to counteract the wind vaning effect at low speeds; the aircraft always turns into the wind making a mooring impossible.

I wonder if this a limitation of the sim?

20 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

But lowering the water rudder does not change the steering handling at all for me.

I've got my Wind Layer I added at 10 knots and I am not having any trouble steering. Also, it's looks like to me ( very hard to tell when in the water ), that the Rudders are turning Left and Right with a Twist on my joystick. can anyone confirm this?

20 minutes ago, RALF9636 said:

I wonder if this a limitation of the sim?

I don't think so, but not 100% sure!

"Coffee, if your not shaking, you need another cup"
Flight Sim Break Discord Channel: https://discord.com/invite/fCV62Ka2QZ

1 minute ago, in2tech said:

I've got my Wind Layer I added at 10 knots and I am not having any trouble steering.

Set the wind to 20 kts; this will give you 10 kts on the ground. MSFS cuts the set wind speed in half on the ground (can be checked with Littlenavmap for example). Then try to float on a crosswind heading at low speed.

1 minute ago, in2tech said:

Also, it's looks like to me ( very hard to tell when in the water ), that the Rudders are turning Left and Right with a Twist on my joystick. can anyone confirm this?

Yes, I see that too. But it doesn't seem to have an effect on the steering.

2 hours ago, bobcat999 said:

Well if they can't even spell Harbour right, I'm not buying it! :biggrin:   Seriously though, that looks like a steal for $5.  I think I will get it.

You crazy Brits!  

• Like 1

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

2021-03-04_16-56-49

At 10 knots, took me forever. Now I have to try at 20 knots. BTW, this dock is at AED in the Kodiak download pack on the first post 🙂 man, I am having fun!

Bush League Discord says Asobo might not have any resistance built into the rudders at this point. I think it is just normal rudder, but have no clue? Still fun, and I stink at trying to dock either way. Used 10 knots and 20 knots! I think the dock should be higher too in the scenery?

Edited by in2tech
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Bert Pieke said:

I my case, it is the left Ctrl + W keys

Thanks, I will try that.

sorry if this sounds a bit stupid, but how do I add the other liveries to this set up?

I was quite happy to mess around with the aircraft.cfg in P3D/FSX and am perfectly comfortable doing that, but pretty much all the extra liveries I've ever added to anything in MSFS have just come with their own folder and no .cfg messing has been required. I can't figure out where to put the folders from the big liveries pack into the aircraft folders.

And I'd love to! This (the floats version) is an amazing thing. I downloaded this yesterday and bought the new Spitfire at the same time, and I'm actually way more pleased with this floats Cub than the Spitfire. Wonderful stuff!

OK, ignore this. Dumped the whole thing into a folder of its own and they're all there. I'll select out what I actually want to use and create a smaller folder, I may be kidding myself but it felt like it added a detectable delay to the load time with them all there, I know it used to make a difference in P3D if I tried to run with a hangar full of aircraft and skins.

Edited by andy1252
add text

Ryzen 9 7900X, Corsair H150 AIO cooler, 64 Gb DDR5, Asus X670E Hero m/b, 3090ti, 13Tb NVMe, 8Tb SSD, 16Tb HD, 55" Philips 4k HDR monitor, EVGA 1600w ps, all in Corsair 7000D airflow case.

On 3/4/2021 at 11:59 PM, in2tech said:

Bush League Discord says Asobo might not have any resistance built into the rudders at this point. I think it is just normal rudder, but have no clue? Still fun, and I stink at trying to dock either way. Used 10 knots and 20 knots! 

Just a follow-up: I found that turning on the "Take-off Auto-Rudder" in the Piloting Assistance menu solves the issue with the uncontrollability of the X-Cub Floatplane when floating in windy conditions (apparently it takes away all wind effects when on the ground).

It's a cheat I never wanted to use but now I prefer that over the extremely excessive wind vaning effect.

2 hours ago, RALF9636 said:

Just a follow-up: I found that turning on the "Take-off Auto-Rudder" in the Piloting Assistance menu solves the issue with the uncontrollability of the X-Cub Floatplane when floating in windy conditions (apparently it takes away all wind effects when on the ground).

It's a cheat I never wanted to use but now I prefer that over the extremely excessive wind vaning effect.

Yeah, that option for me has been on since day one 🙂 These mods are awesome from Bush League Legends. I can't get enough of it. Now, hopefully one day, ( fix all the other stuff first ), we will get our Water Runways or Seabases back in the sim like FSX has? There is even an option on the Main Menu where you can turn them on or off, me thinks? Yeah on the Main Menu when you see the World to choose your takeoff airport or flight plan, if you Hit the F key it brings up a Menu, Water Runways, Grass Runways, etc... ON or OFF. But as far as I can see does nothing, I think?

On 3/4/2021 at 11:40 AM, in2tech said:

2021-03-03_18-39-41

WSJ, be ready to spawn in front of a BIG  boat.

@ryanbatcund Join us one day, if you want to fly the Xcub Seaplane, Ski's, Tundra, Amphibious one day. Or anyone is welcome!

Hi mate,

Can you post up another discord link?  The one here has expired.  Also - jump into my discord as well https://discord.gg/3Rjhq44k be great to have you on board MassiveSim32.

Chat soon mate.

Jaseman. Lovin it up here........

Catch us over at MassieSim32 -> https://discord.gg/B4buuHGhcr

Hi everyone, this is an amazing mod. I have some questions and sorry if I'm a newbie.

1. Does this mod come with the performance mod included?

2. I can confirm that it seem very difficult to control even with a little bit of wind, do you have a suggestion?

3. I want to do my own bush trip but MSFS have a really buggy load and save system. The time is stuck, no weather tool bar, no tool bar at all and no save of my switch position (cold and dark)

4. This mod is amazing! Will there be more update?

Thank to all of you.

😎

12 minutes ago, SadSky said:

Hi everyone, this is an amazing mod. I have some questions and sorry if I'm a newbie.

1. Does this mod come with the performance mod included?

2. I can confirm that it seem very difficult to control even with a little bit of wind, do you have a suggestion?

3. I want to do my own bush trip but MSFS have a really buggy load and save system. The time is stuck, no weather tool bar, no tool bar at all and no save of my switch position (cold and dark)

4. This mod is amazing! Will there be more update?

Thank to all of you.

😎

It is an amazing mod. Supposedly right around when the X-Box version of MSFS releases Asobo will add default floats to a few of the GA aircraft and also wakes and waves, ski powder will show, and tire smoke on touch down of aircraft.

Concerning the Bush League Legends:

1. There is a separate performance mod on their site!

2. I don't appear to have issues with little wind?

3. There are tools to help build Bush Trips  One is https://flightsim.to/file/3681/bushmissiongen , it's a bit of a learning curve. Developer is on my Discord in my signature!

4. I agree, Bush League Mod and Liveries are awesome!

Good luck, we area all newbies at some point! No worries!

• Upvote 1

22 minutes ago, SadSky said:

On 3/8/2021 at 9:06 PM, RALF9636 said:

... turning on the "Take-off Auto-Rudder" in the Piloting Assistance menu solves the issue with the uncontrollability of the X-Cub Floatplane when floating in windy conditions (apparently it takes away all wind effects when on the ground).

Still no other solution for me. This also prevents drifting away from a dock.

• Upvote 1