Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Carenado Arrow goes on sale...

40 minutes ago, marsman2020 said:

I just learned there is no icing modeled on the Just Flight Arrow.  Does the Carenado Arrow have icing?  Anyone who bought it want to give it a try?

It has icing, the big complaint is it has way too much icing to the point of being silly.

If icing is important do not buy either Arrow.

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick

1 hour ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It has icing, the big complaint is it has way too much icing to the point of being silly.

I'm sure Carenado will issue a Fix though.

2 hours ago, Tailwinds said:

I'm sure Carenado will issue a Fix though.

Really? I wasn't aware Carenado had undergone a change of management. 🤣

• Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

13 hours ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

I was eagerly waiting for the JustFlight Arrows, but if this is true, I'm out.

Addon plane builders are free to add whatever feature or not they like to the base sim, but not supporting a basic feature of the sim that all default planes support is not acceptable. IMHO of course.

• Like 1

On 3/5/2021 at 6:11 PM, j3rry said:

I've seen a couple of reports that it might be several weeks before it is available in the MS Marketplace. Is that correct?

Yep that could be the case.  We want to supply the Arrow, Turbo Arrow and a bundle of both to MS for the marketplace all together so they can sell the bundle and give prospective buyers the chance to save some money.   They are unable to offer discount mechanics like we can so adding the Arrow on there anytime sooner isn't ideal  as ne owners won't get the discount offer on the Turbo version.

Even without the above quandary you'd still be looking at a couple of weeks as that's generally not far off their lead time and we'd want to hold it for a few days too to deal with any initial bugs/fixes.

If you do consider buying direct from Just Flight remember you get:  

66% discount offer on the Turbo Arrow
Updates a lot sooner
Reward Points to use on future purchases.
Direct customer support.

Worth considering but of course your call.  Thanks.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

On 3/5/2021 at 6:36 PM, j3rry said:

Just wondering how many weeks it is likely to be.

Explained in earlier post now but to confirm, possibly a few weeks or a month as we are looking to release the Arrow, Turbo Arrow and the bundle (both planes included) at the same time on there for reasons already explained.  Thanks.

• Like 2

On 3/5/2021 at 7:44 PM, Will Fly For Cheese said:

I think you'll find it is for the Devs.

It's far from a war WFFC.  🙂

We work with Fernando and the Carenado guys in other areas so there's no animosity.  At a push a bit of friendly rivalry.  Hopefully there's space out there for both planes to co-exist, there should be given the difference in the two. Thanks.

• Like 1

On 3/7/2021 at 1:04 PM, DJJose said:

Hi Scott,

I read that there's a discount for previous P3D customers. Can you please elaborate?

Thanks.

Yes there is.  If you bought from us you'll have received an email by now with the details.

Any news on a discount for previous Xplane purchasers of the Arrow Scott?

It seems strange to have one for FSX / P3D but not us poor Xplane buggers! 😀

JFScott answered below....

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Here's a question. I've got two Just Flight products which confer discounts for this thing: The FSW Arrow III and a P3D Arrow III. So I've got two discount codes for this new product.

I'm going to assume I just use either one and can't stack them. Correct?

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

On 3/7/2021 at 1:06 PM, bobcat999 said:

Also Scoot, I bought the Xplane version.  Any reason why there is no discount policy for that?

Hi there, It's just something we haven't done due to a lot of internal issues regarding development teams.  We've not done discounts on cross-platforms when it comes to X-Plane.

Remember though if you do buy from us you can use your Reward Points to save some money and you'll also get a 66% discount offer going forward for the Turbo Arrow.  Thanks

• Like 1

22 hours ago, DJJose said:

Scott needs to scoot back to this thread and answer our questions. 😀

I am doing so now.  I'm conscious that the thread is supposed to be about the Carenado version so don't want to flood it, but trying to answer various posts now and then I'll disappear into the shadows again for a time If I can.

OK.  Thanks for your Explanation (Re: Xplane version).  Sorry for calling you Scoot previously! :smile:

Also, as you say, this is the Carenado thread.  Maybe this one would be more appropriate.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just now, JustFlightScott said:

I'm conscious that the thread is supposed to be about the Carenado version so don't want to flood it

It was me who started this thread, just to let people know the Carenado one was on the market, after that I wasn't bothered what direction the thread took, so flood away if you like. Any answer on my question above about multiple discount codes?

Alan Bradbury

1 hour ago, Haddock31 said:

I was eagerly waiting for the JustFlight Arrows, but if this is true, I'm out.

Addon plane builders are free to add whatever feature or not they like to the base sim, but not supporting a basic feature of the sim that all default planes support is not acceptable. IMHO of course.

No problem that's your choice.  After release we'll be looking at the icing situation and will look to add something in for it.  The reason we decided to leave it alone for now was a. it['s generally not allowed to fly your Arrow where ice conditions might exist and b. what is there at the moment in default aircraft we're not keen on at all.   So we knocked it on the head to go concentrate on stuff that we thought would be more important to people and believe that was the right choice.  Hope that helps but as said earlier it's your choice if the icing part is vital to you then opting to not buy makes sense.  Maybe take a look again when we have something in there for it?

• Like 1