Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Carenado Arrow goes on sale...

3 minutes ago, bobcat999 said:

OK.  Thanks for your Explanation (Re: Xplane version).  Sorry for calling you Scoot previously! :smile:

Boobcat 🙂, it's not a problem.  I'm not far from you, 15 miles or so North of Brum in fact. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, Chock said:

Here's a question. I've got two Just Flight products which confer discounts for this thing: The FSW Arrow III and a P3D Arrow III. So I've got two discount codes for this new product.

I'm going to assume I just use either one and can't stack them. Correct?

You can only use the one.  Our site doesn't actually allow multiple input of codes and if it did I think we'd be limiting it to just the one code for this.  Thanks.

Just now, JustFlightScott said:

Boobcat 🙂, it's not a problem.  I'm not far from you, 15 miles or so North of Brum in fact. 

Excellent Scott!  Look forward to seeing you at the Simulator show at Cosford once it is back up and running - this year hopefully!

Also, you may have missed it because I edited my post after you replied, but a few posts up I have put a link to the dedicated JF Arrow thread.  

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

4 minutes ago, Chock said:

It was me who started this thread, just to let people know the Carenado one was on the market, after that I wasn't bothered what direction the thread took, so flood away if you like. Any answer on my question above about multiple discount codes?

No harm in trying Chock! 😀

• Like 1

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

1 minute ago, JustFlightScott said:

You can only use the one.  Our site doesn't actually allow multiple input of codes and if it did I think we'd be limiting it to just the one code for this.  Thanks.

Yup, That's what I figured since I couldn't see a way it'd be possible to input multiple codes. Looking forward to having a nosey at the thing.

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

@JustFlightScott One of the reviewers on the MS forums was asked about the flight model, and specifically adverse yaw. He said there's hardly any at all and speculated that it might be due to limitations in the SDK. I'm curious as to how much control developers have over the flight model, and how much of it is governed by the sim itself

1 hour ago, JustFlightScott said:

Yes there is.  If you bought from us you'll have received an email by now with the details.

What if I bought it from a third party seller, such as PC Aviator?

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

50 minutes ago, j3rry said:

@JustFlightScott One of the reviewers on the MS forums was asked about the flight model, and specifically adverse yaw. He said there's hardly any at all and speculated that it might be due to limitations in the SDK. I'm curious as to how much control developers have over the flight model, and how much of it is governed by the sim itself

It's been 'interesting', shall we say? The specific point about adverse yaw is that it's one area Asobo have stated that they need to improve. In the older sims, when using correct coefficients, yaw from aileron in an aircraft of this size should be in the region of -0.02 to -0.07 (Roskam: Airplane Flight Dynamics and Automatic Flight Controls Part I). In this Arrow, I've set it to -9.5 and there's the faintest glimpse of a pause before the nose starts to swing into the turn.

In more general terms, it appears that the priority is now to build the aircraft as accurately as possible on paper, and then use the tables effectively to nudge things in the direction you want. It's not totally clear and there are plenty of stumbling blocks along the way but I think that the sim governs a lot more and to get the aircraft behaving correctly within that confine is actually a lot harder now than it was in previous sims. Hopefully as the sim develops and possibly 3rd party tools become available (and we get more used to working in it!) it'll get a lot easier.

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, Delta558 said:

In more general terms, it appears that the priority is now to build the aircraft as accurately as possible on paper, and then use the tables effectively to nudge things in the direction you want. It's not totally clear and there are plenty of stumbling blocks along the way but I think that the sim governs a lot more and to get the aircraft behaving correctly within that confine is actually a lot harder now than it was in previous sims. Hopefully as the sim develops and possibly 3rd party tools become available (and we get more used to working in it!) it'll get a lot easier.

Thanks. That's very interesting. I guess if MS/Asobo modelled the environment in which the planes fly accurately, then it would make things much easier for the developers. On the face of it, if the developer modelled the aircraft to the real-world specs, and MS/Asobo provides a realistic environment, then the aircraft would per the real world. I'm sure that's a gross oversimplification, but it would seem that if MS/Asobo get their end right, then all aircraft would be simulated much more accurately.

Thanks for the reply. Are there issues with Asobo's management of icing? Yes, it's a bit "aggressive". Should I fly an Arrow (or any other GA plane this size and age with default equipment) in icing conditions ? Certainly not.

But that's the point ... Having fear of ice is part of the fun. I flew SeedyL's Cannonball event last year (a MSFS New York -> Los Angeles endurance race) in winter in a C172, and flying around icing clouds (and at times, failing, and becoming half-blind for half an hour) was a big part of the challenge.

Glad to hear you're still thinking of adding icing support, I will certainly keep an eye on your work.

And folks, sorry for continuing the hijack of this thread about the Carenado version, I'll shut up now. 🙂

32 minutes ago, Haddock31 said:

...And folks, sorry for continuing the hijack of this thread about the Carenado version, I'll shut up now. 🙂

It's alright Haddock!  We have all done our fair share. 😀  On this, we are moving over to the specific Just Flight Arrow thread - I think that will be a hot thread if they release it today! 😀

22 hours ago, Chock said:

Really? I wasn't aware Carenado had undergone a change of management. 🤣

Lol,.😄

Well I can't speak for the other aircraft they have available in the store but my Carenado WACO has had two patch/fix updates from them not long after release. 

1 hour ago, Tailwinds said:

Lol,.😄

Well I can't speak for the other aircraft they have available in the store but my Carenado WACO has had two patch/fix updates from them not long after release. 

Yep the Carenado Mooney is actually now pretty good for the price, especially if you picked it up on special.  Still has the odd issue with cockpit instrumentation but overall it is 95% there.