Sign in to follow this  
Chock

Carenado Arrow goes on sale...

Quick note on the new Carenado PA28R Arrow III for MSFS. It installs no problem and flies nicely and pretty convincingly, being stable but not too stable. As you'd expect from Carenado, it looks good, although it appears to have the cleanest underside of any PA28 I've ever seen lol. All the ones I know were filthy underneath from dirt and exhaust stains. Sounds are pretty good, although not quite as nice as the sounds on previous JF versions of this aeroplane for P3D and FSW, so I'm going to assume they might also be a bit nicer on the MSFS JF version of the Arrow too, but I guess we'll see (or rather hear).

If you want an Arrow which can follow a magenta line however, then this is the one that can in terms of avionics and that might be preferable to the Just Flight one for some, simply because the JF one is a bit more 'old school' in its avionics fit. There is also the fact that this Carenado one appears to be cheaper. However, I'm gonna wait until the JF Arrow comes out before doing a youtube channel review of this thing, as I think it would be more interesting to compare the two, and their relative merits, in one review, but in the meantime if you have 20 quid going spare, this thing is quite nice, although that JF one might possibly be on sale tomorrow.

Anyway, some pics of it:

CHetx1y.png

gEkdfy5.png

004l40J.png

HlE0l38.png

kKRQSkE.png

tNO278g.png

Edited by Chock
  • Like 10
  • Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

I took for a quick spin. Well, after Mooney seems everything just getting worse and worse. High hopes for JF version. 

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

I took for a quick spin. Well, after Mooney seems everything just getting worse and worse. High hopes for JF version. 

So what is worse about it?

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

4 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Can you elaborate on that? I wont get it anyway since im just waiting for the JF one but im curious to know why you think that.

Juan Ramos

how much is it? After the 737 for $23 I am expecting it to be less than10$ 🙂

Edited by Manny

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Yup. I suspect the JF one is going to blow this one away in terms of what you get - and what you see for that matter - since JF appear to have taken what they learned with early PBR toe-dipping in FSW and run with it. But price is a factor too of course, and sometimes the thrice blessed is the one who gets the first blow in. It's going to be an interesting sales battle, because that 20 quid price tag, and going straight into the MSFS store for some early exposure, is going to make life harder for the JF one than quality will, but even so, I think this is going to be a situation where you will get what you pay for.

• Upvote 1

Alan Bradbury

1 minute ago, Chock said:

Yup. I suspect the JF one is going to blow this one away in terms of what you get - and what you see for that matter - since JF appear to have taken what they learned with early PBR toe-dipping in FSW and run with it. But price is a factor too of course, and sometimes the thrice blessed is the one who gets the first blow in. It's going to be an interesting sales battle, because that 20 quid price tag, and going straight into the MSFS store for some early exposure, is going to make life harder for the JF one than quality will, but even so, I think this is going to be a situation where you will get what you pay for.

Just wish someone would make a decent AP for it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

So what is worse about it?

I suspect what he means is that whilst it's not terrible, it's quite a nice flyer in fact, it's nevertheless not quite got that 'oh my god, it's so much like being in a real PA28' factor, whereas I think the JF might just manage to tick that box.

Edited by Chock

Alan Bradbury

6 minutes ago, xender said:

Can you elaborate on that? I wont get it anyway since im just waiting for the JF one but im curious to know why you think that.

- Flood light/panel light knobs don't work if you start cold and dark. Only ovearhead  light works.Gotta use "shift L" to get cockpit light

- elevator trim is missing "tick". Good luck  setting it for take off

- Arrow climbs perfectly straight without need of right rudder (rudder trim is neutral)

Frankly FM doesn't remind me Arrow at all

unknown.png?width=2250&height=1266

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

- Flood light/panel light knobs don't work if you start cold and dark. Only ovearhead  light works.Gotta use "shift L" to get cockpit light

- Arrow climbs perfectly straight without need of right rudder (rudder trim is neutral)

unknown.png?width=2250&height=1266

Not good...

Until my Mooney, Seminole and Waco are fixed, I’m not spending another Cent with @Carenado. Third time was the charm... the ball’s firmly in their court.

C

• Like 6
  • Upvote 2

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

5 minutes ago, sd_flyer said:

Auch! I wont touch that for sure! Hopefully the JF version lands tomorrow

Juan Ramos

1 minute ago, cavaricooper said:

Until my Mooney, Seminole and Waco are fixed, I’m not spending another Cent with @Carenado. Third time was the charm... the ball’s firmly in their court.

C

What is wrong with your Mooney? that is all I fly..

I bought it guys so you don't have to. Frankly, it probably the worst airplane I ever bought from Carenado in MSFS. FM is wacko dudles . After Mooney is rock bottom.

Usual rushed quick buck plane. Safe your money for JF. I think I'm going to uninstalled it or I start having Carenado PTSD LOL

• Like 5
  • Upvote 4