Sign in to follow this  
omarsmak30

FBW mod custom ATHR, engine model and autopilot in action

Agree they are doing a great job. Discord and Github make interesting reading too. I think they will reach (or even surpass) FSL/Toliss in due course.

• Like 2

Regards

Howard

H D Isaacs

Is it generally agreed that the Zibo has hit the same level of quality as PMDG? I'm a little out of the loop on X-Plane 11.

3 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

Is it generally agreed that the Zibo has hit the same level of quality as PMDG? I'm a little out of the loop on X-Plane 11.

I wouldn't say at the same level but very close. I have both and I prefer to fly on the Zibo as I find it more immersive to fly with.

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

1 minute ago, omarsmak30 said:

I wouldn't say at the same level but very close. I have both and I prefer to fly on the Zibo as I find it more immersive to fly with.

That's awesome. I'd guess (could be wrong) the team working on the FBW is larger than the Zibo team too? Just based on market share of MSFS vs X-Plane I mean. Could be totally wrong - but I remember the early days of Zibo and if I recall correctly the FBW is moving more quickly. It'll be really interesting to see where it is in a years time - and whether or not it'll even be worth spending money on an FSL offering.

6 minutes ago, Bigbluss said:

That's awesome. I'd guess (could be wrong) the team working on the FBW is larger than the Zibo team too? Just based on market share of MSFS vs X-Plane I mean. Could be totally wrong - but I remember the early days of Zibo and if I recall correctly the FBW is moving more quickly. It'll be really interesting to see where it is in a years time - and whether or not it'll even be worth spending money on an FSL offering.

Yeah, zibo mod is not open source and hence only zibo by himself and very few handful people were helping on the sounds, EFB, modelling but if I recall, it took him like 2 years to get zibo mod at this level. With FBW, yes a lot people, what has helped them is the open source model whereby everyone is welcome to help and thus contribute even with small fixes/features which could help in the overall project, the same model as well as for the successful WorkingTitle mod. 
However, since is open source model, it has disadvantages like sometimes can be bit chaotic and you can't force anyone to work on something specific, but it is the job of the project maintainers to influence the direction and convince people to work on some features. From my experience as PMC in Apache projects, I think Iceman and Holland are doing good job on influencing the project and steering it into the right direction.

Edited by omarsmak30
  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

43 minutes ago, MindYerBeak said:

Is VNAV working ?

Not at the moment

2 hours ago, Ricardo41 said:

they've already surpassed Aerosoft's version

What a load of bollox.

They might eventually, but at this point the systems modelling of the Aerosoft version is still much deeper.

• Like 1

The systems modelling on the Aerosoft is about as deep as a kiddie pool. Plus, it falls out of the sky as soon as you dip below 18 fps. Lol. 

• Like 4

Well, its all just theory untill I can actually fly it confidently on vatsim. Aerosoft in p3d and fsx can do that. And I never had a problem with the fps on the a320 from Aerosoft. It was actually very nice on frames. The FSL one though, was super hard on frames, but also probably the highest fidelity simulation of the 'bus on the public market. 

• Like 2

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

The systems modelling on the Aerosoft is about as deep as a kiddie pool. Plus, it falls out of the sky as soon as you dip below 18 fps. Lol. 

Again. Rubbish.

At this point the FBW has not even proper VNAV modelling.

• Like 2

It feels totally wrong to set dev teams up against eachother like this. Is there any point?

I love the FBW team and I love the Aerosoft team. They are all probably very clever people. Why would I need to talk one of them down?

• Like 7

Andreas Stangenes

http://www.youtube.com/user/krsans78
Add me on gamertag: Bullhorns78

11 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Again. Rubbish.

At this point the FBW has not even proper VNAV modelling.

It's in the works. The FlyBywire mod is ultra smooth even on low end hardware like mine. In contrast, Aersoft had something I would call "ultra rapid descent and tits up vnav", once you went below 18 fps. Plenty of posts about this on the Aerosoft forums. 

Plus, they have a great discord and don't talk down to you. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 1

Is there a place where I can see a comparison of which features are available in each version (stable, experimental, dev)? I can never figure out which one I want to install. My biggest issue right now is how aircraft handle arrivals and approaches. I know the issue is with the sim, but I'd like to make sure I get the fixed version when it becomes available. 

MSFS Premium Deluxe Edition; Windows 11 Pro, I9-9900k; Asus Maximus XI Hero; Asus TUF RTX3080TI; 32GB G.Skill Ripjaw DDR4 3600; 2X Samsung 1TB 970EVO; NZXT Kraken X63; Seasonic Prime PX-1000, LG 48" C1 Series OLED, Honeycomb Yoke & TQ, CH Rudder Pedals, Logitech G13 Gamepad 

4 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

It's in the works. The FlyBywire mod is ultra smooth even on low end hardware like mine. In contrast, Aersoft had something I would call "ultra rapid descent and tits up vnav", once you went below 18 fps. Plenty of posts about this on the Aerosoft forums. 

Plus, they have a great discord and don't talk down to you. 

Two different things.

I agree that tying the FBW to the FPS like the programmers of the Aerosoft Bus did, was not the wisest decision. It makes the aircraft virtually unusable in VR as soon as clouds are around for me.

But that is beside the point.

You claimed the FBW Airbus to have surpassed Aerosoft system wise. And that is patently false. It has not. It might in the future. But at this moment in time the Aerosoft Bus has the better systems fidelity all around.

Edited by Farlis