Sign in to follow this  
robert young

FSX RealAir SF260 is out!

Hi Rob,I received and replied your email. I know of the problem with my email, the provider tells me it's a complicated problem at their systems. But, although it doesn't seem that way, i still receive all emails normally.The installation and airplane work flawlessly. Thanks for this very nice flying experience.

MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Plus | Intel Core i9-10900K @ 5.3GHz | 64GB Corsair Vengeance | Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3090 | 500 GB M.2 NVMe for win | 2TB M.2 NVMe for FS2020 | TrackIr v5 | Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo | Thrustmaster Hotas Warthog

Eric from EHAM, a flying Dutchman.

I would like to add here a couple of comments....First- fantastic aircraft, love it... really something special.Second, Support, Rob is amazing in his support of his customers. Thank you Rob for your help today. I am normally quiet on the forums in offering praise for products, but I feel this product and its support is exceptional.Happy Christmas everyone.Paul

There's a guide to the autopilot, including I think a briefing on the roll mode, included in the documentation. Open the SF260 config wizard and the a/p guide is there.Kind Regards,Rob Young - RealAir Simulations

Robert Young - retired full time developer - see my Nexus Mod Page and my GitHub Mod page

>There's a guide to the autopilot, including I think a>briefing on the roll mode, included in the documentation. Open>the SF260 config wizard and the a/p guide is there.>>Kind Regards,>>Rob Young - RealAir Simulations>>Hi Rob,Before posting my question I had read the AP Documentation which describes where the Roll Mode Annunciator displays the various modes (ROL, HDG, NAV, APR, REV) but not how the ROL mode is initiated or how to clear it so the annunciator is blank. The other four codes I'm familiar with and they all have activation buttons but the only way I've been able to clear ROL once it's displayed is to reload the aircraft. As I stated in my original question, as long as ROL is displayed I cannot turn the aircraft with the AP engaged.

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 552.44, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other programs, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

That is the way the real KFC-225 autopilot is designed...

Fr. Bill    

AOPA Member: 07141481 AARP Member: 3209010556

Avsim Board of Directors | Avsim Forums Moderator

>That is the way the real KFC-225 autopilot is designed... Ok..guess I'll just have to disengage the AP a little sooner then I normally do.Congratulations on a marvelous Airplane...it's well worth the price!

System: i7-11700K, ASUS Prime Z590M-PLUS Motherboard, G-Skills Trident Z Series 64 GB DDR4 3200, Corsair RM1000x80 PLUS Gold, Arctic Liquid Freezer ll, GeForce RTX 4070 Super FE, NVIDIA Drivers 552.44, WD Blue NVMe m2  500GB SSD for Windows 10 Home v21H2,  WD Black SN850X 2 TB NVMe m2  for MSFS, Toshiba 2TB HD for data and other programs, ViewSonic XG2705-2K  27" 2560x1440 144hz Monitor,  Thrustmaster Airbus flight stick, Logitech M510 wireless Mouse.

Hello Curt:Thought the same thing. Even considered saying something bad just to add credibility to the thread. Most things that sound too good to be true are, but the integrity and quality of RealAir's contribution to FS seems to be above reproach. I just wish I could feel the same way about FSX, particularly with my ancient system (P4 3.2, 3G 400 mem, 6800XT) Anyone flying the new bird with such a system. Would appreciate hearing the results. I realize the main bottleneck is me and my system.Thanks RealAir:RTH

Guest Yoda_100

I just updated my Marchetti to FSX. Little Christmas present to myself.I'm including a picture of me flying an SF260 out of Livermore, Ca.Crash Crenshaw, the past owner of SimHQ took picture on way back from dogfight. I wish everyone could fly this remarkable little plane. Yes, it will pull 6 G's. Oooof! yodaacusaxg1.th.jpg

I haven't looked into it to make sure, but can't you just adjust the heading indicator to turn in any direction you wish? L.Adamson

Guest Yoda_100

>I won three & got shot down three, how did you do? :D >>L.AdamsonYou're not Crash using an AKA are you?Same here, won 3 and lost 3. Ran Crash into the hard deck on one. That works really good on Crash LOL!

I just grabbed my tape (Air Combat U.S.A.), and it's been 10 years ago, 4/13/96. They had the planes on tour at the time, and we did the dog fighting out of the Provo, Utah airport. L.Adamson

What twin? A Baron? (Sorry, I've been under a rock I guess...)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB 

Nevermind. Beechcraft Duke. (!)RhettAMD 3700+ (@2530 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 3-3-3-8, WD 250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian

Rhett

7800X3D ♣ 32 GB G.Skill TridentZ  Gigabyte 4090  Crucial P5 Plus 2TB