Sign in to follow this  
Wise87

Envshade 1.1.6.3 released

21 hours ago, YoYo said:

But what was your problem? 🙂

I had the bright white mountains.  My fault, I didnt have the EA check box on in envshade settings. 

14ppkc-6.png

On 4/10/2021 at 3:32 AM, Pilot53 said:

I like that effect in the last picture, however I am not seeing it on my sim.  Ive cleared shaders, reinstalled the client then reapplied but still not seeing this effect.  The shadowed area of the cockpit always looks the same regardless of weather I'm under fog, a full overcast, or a bright sunny sky.  

A dumb question, but have you ticked the options in the P3D graphics settings for the ground and the virtual cockpit to receive shadows?

42 minutes ago, Afterburner said:

A dumb question, but have you ticked the options in the P3D graphics settings for the ground and the virtual cockpit to receive shadows?

Yes, and I do see shadows, I just dont see that progressive darkening of the overall lighting while under clouds and fog like in your last pic.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

Have you tried manually reducing the visibility and checking the effects?  Have you clicked on "install to sim" in the Envdir interface?

3 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

I had the bright white mountains.  My fault, I didnt have the EA check box on in envshade settings. 

So something like this?

LQE37G7.jpg

Me too! I noticed that in settings I had EA enabled=off, so "on" solved your issue?

Webmaster of yoyosims.pl.
Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

14 hours ago, Afterburner said:

Have you tried manually reducing the visibility and checking the effects?  Have you clicked on "install to sim" in the Envdir interface?

Yes, Ive done all of those things.

Lian Li 011 Air Mini | AMD 7950X3D | Asus ROG STRIX B650E-F | Arctic Cooling Liquid Freezer II 280mm RGB | 2x32GB G.Skill DDR5-6000 | ASUS TUF RTX 4090 | Seasonic Prime Platinum 1000W | Varjo Aero

I don't know what else the cause could be. If you could record a video of how you install envshade and how it's not making any difference to the shadows in the sim under fog/clouds, that would be helpful.

16 hours ago, YoYo said:

So something like this?

LQE37G7.jpg

Me too! I noticed that in settings I had EA enabled=off, so "on" solved your issue?

Can you try playing with the Dynamic reflection and Bathemetry settings? I recall one of those is the cause.

I have Bathemetry OFF and Dyn.Refelctions at Medium or High (at least one notch from the right side).

Marcus 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

16 hours ago, YoYo said:

So something like this?

LQE37G7.jpg

Yes mate, turn on EA enabled on the envshade settings. It's a rookie error that we both did. 

• Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

7 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I have Bathemetry OFF and Dyn.Refelctions at Medium or High (at least one notch from the right side).

Marcus 

Do not turn bathemetry on it causes DXGI errors. 

You are thinking of the 'user vehicle reflections' and the milky white water textures issue. 

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Do not turn bathemetry on it causes DXGI errors. 

You are thinking of the 'user vehicle reflections' and the milky white water textures issue. 

I can not see what yoyo setting is at bathemetry. But yes....should stay at off with 5.1 to avoid this yes.

But I don't have this mountain reflection issues anymore, I had them long time ago. I never used Envshade.  So I recall that this could be avoided by turning the dynamic refections down. I was not sure.

The milky PBR Chrome issue on planes is another P3D bug. They are working on this. 

Marcus

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

I have bathemetry=off. who needs this? :biggrin:

Yoyosimsbanner.gif
Win 10 64, i9 9900k, RTX 3090 24Gb, RAM32Gb, SSD M.2 NVMe, Predator XB271HU res.2560x1440 27'' G-sync, Sound Blaster Z + 5.1, TiR5 [MSFS, P3Dv5, DCS, RoF, Condor, IL-2 CoD/BoX] VR fly only: HP Reverb G2

5 hours ago, fluffyflops said:

Ja, Verknüpfung, aktivieren Sie EA aktiviert auf den envshade-Einstellungen. Es ist ein Rookie-Fehler, den wir beide gemacht haben.

So I still have these white mountains.
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the client, I also activated EA in Envshade and P3D, but the white mountains do not disappear.
No idea why Envshade is the newest version installed.
It's just sad that there is no Tomato Shade for the V5.
Works wonderfully in the V4 and without problems. 

Edited by _Airbus_Fan_

spacer.png    

Cheers

Torsten Künne

23 minutes ago, YoYo said:

I have bathemetry=off. who needs this? :biggrin:

ohhh look its the military.. imagine my shock  🙂 

https://navigation.usace.army.mil/Survey

https://www.sam.usace.army.mil/Missions/Spatial-Data-Branch/JALBTCX/#:~:text=The mission of the Joint,of Engineers%2C the U.S. Naval

Edited by fluffyflops
  • Like 1

14ppkc-6.png

2 hours ago, _Airbus_Fan_ said:

So I still have these white mountains.
I have already uninstalled and reinstalled the client, I also activated EA in Envshade and P3D, but the white mountains do not disappear.
No idea why Envshade is the newest version installed.
It's just sad that there is no Tomato Shade for the V5.
Works wonderfully in the V4 and without problems. 

Do you use Active Sky?

For me with EA=on in Envshade is ok now:

WTJUKvwh.jpg

Lp2URkFh.jpg

Edited by YoYo

Yoyosimsbanner.gif