Sign in to follow this  
fogboundturtle

I hear that you can make XP11 looks as good as MSFS

So I tried. I modded the word not allowed out of XP11. I got CYVR payware, tons of orthos, mesh UltraHD,  tree hd, hd runway, skymaxx cloud,  you named It I tried. this is the result. You guys be the judge. 

Ew7U20dVcAYgFfT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ew7U4kIVEAocro5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Edited by fogboundturtle

https://fsprocedures.com Your home for all flight simulator related checklist.

Ive been a long time user of P3D Xplane and now MSFS. You can make them all look pretty good and with a little bit of money but you'll never get them to look like MSFS, plain and simple. 

• Like 22
  • Upvote 6

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

4 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

.. never get them to look like MSFS, plain and simple. 

Yes Sir !!

cheers 😉

• Like 1

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

I tried XP 11 a couple of weeks ago, and to me it was like looking though a dirty fish tank compared to MSFS 2020. 

• Like 11

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 Fenix A320, FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, , Milviz C 310

spacer.png

Forget Skymax Pro. It's rubbish. Best bang for your buck would be xVision. But whatever you do it isn't going to look like MSFS.

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, fakeflyer737 said:

Ive been a long time user of P3D Xplane and now MSFS. You can make them all look pretty good and with a little bit of money but you'll never get them to look like MSFS, plain and simple. 

And maybe in two or three years MSFS might fly as well as previous sims, and communicate as well, as well as several other factors.  A good bit of my flying is in IFR conditions (hint: the ground is not visible)

• Like 2

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Not even close... :ph34r:

FS2020 on it's worst day beats all other options out there.  That's the jagged little pill about the situation, we need the competition to get up to speed because the monthly changes in FS could send this sim either way down the road.  I want to be able to have a valid option should Microsoft decide to go more towards FLIGHT versus Flight Simulator.  Right now our options looks like dated cartoons versus worthy competition.

Edited by Dillon
  • Like 5

FS2020 

Alienware Aurora R11 10th Gen Intel Core i7 10700F - Windows 11 Home 32GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce RTX 4060 Ti 16GB DLSS 3 - HP Reverb G2

2 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

I tried XP 11 a couple of weeks ago, and to me it was like looking though a dirty fish tank compared to MSFS 2020. 

Wow...that's a good description. Look I am not hating on XP11. I am just trying to  test what others are saying. 

Edited by fogboundturtle
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, fogboundturtle said:

So I tried. I modded the word not allowed out of XP11. I got CYVR payware, tons of orthos, mesh UltraHD,  tree hd, hd runway, skymaxx cloud,  you named It I tried. this is the result. You guys be the judge. 

Ew7U20dVcAYgFfT?format=jpg&name=4096x409

Ew7U4kIVEAocro5?format=jpg&name=4096x409

If you fly at dusk or night time you can get some nice images. But, daylight, not even close. 😀

• Like 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The main two areas where XP need to improve is the dynamic lighting engine and the streamed bing data that MSFS has. If they cant somehow come up with a solution I don’t see them ever really being in competition.

The only feature that MSFS had was its visuals. The developer managed to ruin that and it even had a detrimental effect on fps.

Edited by DJJose
  • Like 5
  • Upvote 2

A pilot is always learning and I LOVE to learn.

The comparison will need to be done with XP12 (whenever that happens), anything else doesn't make sense in here. Use the simulator you enjoy and that's it. 

This topic will end up in another silly fight between fans in a while.

Edited by Pastaiolo
  • Like 8
  • Upvote 2

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."

3 minutes ago, Pastaiolo said:

The comparison will need to be done with XP12 (whenever that happens), anything else doesn't make sense in here. Use the simulator you enjoy and that's it. 

This topic will end up in another silly fight between fans in a while.

This is the problem. One side is totally delusional.  I am not hating XP11. I think it's a fine simulator if you can stomach its archaic look. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

I did some training in xplane to prepare myself for flying the G1000 IRL but that wasnt the question, the question was with regards to the looks. 

• Upvote 1

Ron Hamilton

"95% is half the truth, but most of it is lies, but if you read half of what is written, you'll be okay." __ Honey Boo Boo's Mom

1 minute ago, fogboundturtle said:

This is the problem. One side is totally delusional.  I am not hating XP11. I think it's a fine simulator if you can stomach its archaic look. 

There are fans of both simulators, and a good chunk are both delusional on different things. It's pointless to dive into those view, they will never reconcile. A lot of them also has to somewhat defend their own investment in money on a peculiar sim, they need to confirm their certainty about having picked the right sim.

Me, i used all Microsoft Sims until FSX, then switched to XP10 and XP11. And Aerofly. And DCS. And now mostly back in MSFS (but waiting for XP12). If people tried more things perhaps they would see there are advantages and disadvantages.. The issue is that they do not.

• Like 6

Chock 1.1: "The only thing that whines louder than a jet engine is a flight simmer."