Sign in to follow this  
pgde

More Bad News

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

Or will it ever end?

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

What's even worse news, is the writing on that article you linked to; the grammar is atrocious. 🤣

• Like 3

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

It reads like a bad Douglas Adams novel. 

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

In the last few days both Linus and JayzTwoCents have put out videos that the market for most things silicon, and especially gcards, won't normalize until a year from now.  Right now industry is in a perfect storm due to multiple factors, one which is highly exasperating is that crypto mining is paying top-dollar to strip the market dry.  Things have gotten so bad that GM has stopped production of some models of their cars mainly because they cannot get the computer chips needed for them.

I have plans to get a 3080 ti when it releases, though I imagine I'll have a 2 second window to buy one the moment it goes for sale.  But I bet that straight away it'll go for around $1,200 US; if so I guess my gtx 1070 gotta last me another a year (gee, that'll make it 6 years old).

Rod O.

i7 10700k @5.0 HT on|Asus Maximus XII Hero|G.Skill 2x16GB DDR4 4000 cas 16|evga RTX 3080 Ti FTW3 Ultra|Noctua NH-D15S|Thermaltake GF1 850W PSU|WD Black SN750 M.2 1TB SSD (x2)|Plextor M9Pe .5TB NVMe PCIe x4 SSD (MSFS dedicated)IFractal Design Focus G Case

Win 10 Pro 64|HP Reverb G2 revised VR HMD|Asus 25" IPS 2K 60Hz monitor|Saitek X52 Pro & Peddles|TIR 5 (now retired)

And the accident in the Suez Canal will impact availability also 😞

Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; AMD 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 AIO Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5 6000; Win11 Pro; P3D V5.4; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SATA SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte Aorus Extreme 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k; Honeycomb Bravo.

No end in sight and more paper launches of new cards. 😞

My computer: ABS Gladiator Gaming PC featuring an Intel 10700F CPU, EVGA CLC-240 AIO cooler (dead fans replaced with Noctua fans), Asus Tuf Gaming B460M Plus motherboard, 16GB DDR4-3000 RAM, 1 TB NVMe SSD, EVGA RTX3070 FTW3 video card, dead EVGA 750 watt power supply replaced with Antec 900 watt PSU.

A new kind of plague on us!

Storage-hungry cryptocurrency mining!

"The Chia Network utilizes a consensus algorithm called “Proof of Space and Time.” A Chia farmer’s possible yield is directly proportional to their amount of storage space. If you want to earn higher profits today, you need to have more hard drive space."

https://www.guru3d.com/news-story/teamgroup-to-embrace-chia-with-t-create-expert-mining-ssd-series.html

ive a few mates dotted about at DHL,ABW,CLU,CLX  they wont touch moving electricals out of  China, HK, Korea  etc etc,  theres just a load more money to be made moving PPE,Covid Testing Kits, Vaccines, Empty Oxygen Bottles etc etc.

3 weeks ago they where getting offers of upto 2 Million USD to do charters runs into India (due covid)  where normally they would be getting 650k

hence why Longtail have bought 5 747s 

Edited by fluffyflops

14ppkc-6.png

Just goes to show how dependent we have become on technology and how vulnerable we are to getting things we need.

Take the gasoline shortage on the east coast of the US last week.   The main pipeline supplying gasoline was hacked and held for ransom.  Colonial reportedly paid 5 million.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2021-05-13/colonial-pipeline-paid-hackers-nearly-5-million-in-ransom

We are all hostages to technology not only in our homes and businesses but also in our infrastructure.  At any time we could find ourselves without electricity or water unless ransomware extortion is paid.

Noel

• Like 1

The tires are worn.  The shocks are shot.  The steering is wobbly.  But the engine still runs fine.

Sony have put out a statement that the PS5 supply problem could well go into 2022 or 23. MS not saying anything at the moment XBOX X vapourware may find out more at E3 in a few weeks. 

Raymond Fry.

PMDG_Banner_747_Enthusiast.jpg