Sign in to follow this  
ashepherd316

unplayable

5 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

It is not true for me.

There are well documented spots where some stutters come up. Some even freeze the sim. But since the updates, with my older hardware and mediocre connection, I’ve had a dozen flights with the Cub and the Spit in the US, in Europe and Asia perfectly smooth with no CTD. As I understand many other users. 

‘Totally unplayable’ are big words  which aircraft and where ?

the 787 and at riyadh

Alexander Shepherd

2 hours ago, DAD said:

Did you try this —>

Do you endorse it?

• Like 1

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

12 minutes ago, odourboy said:

Cub at NYC. M339 at SFO. 4 FPS. Bag of sh1te pretty much sums it up.

jWObxc9.png

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

41 minutes ago, ashepherd316 said:

the 787 and at riyadh

Ok, now we are cooking.

I do not have the 787 so I checked with the 748 at King Khaled 33R. First time I ever use the Jumbo, just for you 😉 . The sim was ever so slightly stuttery,  barely noticeable. Certainly not a 1 FPS disaster ! I suspected that my oldish computer didn't like the 748 so I tried again with the Spitfire (in Israeli livery of course, what else ?). A totally smooth pattern.

Maybe another good soul could check with the 787 but I strongly suspect that your problem comes from an addon.  Try with an empty community folder.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

51 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

Ok, now we are cooking.

I do not have the 787 so I checked with the 748 at King Khaled 33R. First time I ever use the Jumbo, just for you 😉 . The sim was ever so slightly stuttery,  barely noticeable. Certainly not a 1 FPS disaster ! I suspected that my oldish computer didn't like the 748 so I tried again with the Spitfire (in Israeli livery of course, what else ?). A totally smooth pattern.

Maybe another good soul could check with the 787 but I strongly suspect that your problem comes from an addon.  Try with an empty community folder.

Like for the Israeli livery! Flightsim.to? I am going to download it.

46 minutes ago, crimplene said:

Like for the Israeli livery! Flightsim.to? I am going to download it.

The Flyingiron Spitfire comes with Ezer Weizman Black Spitfire livery.

• Like 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I work a few days a week with very high end 4K and even 8 k monitors we use for testing high end video equipment. I can't for the life of me understand why someone sitting two feet  away from a monitor needs 4K. Your eye can't even resolve that resolution, and your GPU and CPU are working like crazy trying to pump out these pixels. I have a monitor with 1080P and my CPU and GPU are just loafing along. 

I run the sim at 2K on my 4K monitor and like you I see no difference, at least that matters.  Yesterday though the sim was running slow and I found that the sim had reset my resolution to 4K (My desktop is set at 2K.).  I set the sim back to 2K and all was well.  I'm sure that on huge monitors 4K is nice.  My monitor is 28 inches.

Bill

Bill  N7IBG     

Just now, Bill Griffith said:

I run the sim at 2K on my 4K monitor and like you I see no difference, at least that matters.  Yesterday though the sim was running slow and I found that the sim had reset my resolution to 4K (My desktop is set at 2K.).  I set the sim back to 2K and all was well.  I'm sure that on huge monitors 4K is nice.  My monitor is 28 inches.

Bill

Well the issue with a huge monitor is you have to sit further away from it. I used to teach this material but retired about 15 years ago from that job, so I forgot the formulas. Had to look it up online. 

https://www.rgb.com/display-size-resolution-and-ideal-viewing-distance

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

14 minutes ago, Dominique_K said:

The Flyingiron Spitfire comes with Ezer Weizman Black Spitfire livery.

Thx, I didn't see that.

If I try to run at 2K or anything less than 4K the instruments look much less sharp. As I am most often flying IFR I want a crisp clear panel. I am using a 48" 4K monitor and sitting rather close to it, so this is expected. As a result I'm stuck pushing my 2080 Super into the ground and often seeing less than 30FPS. 

Never would go from 4K away, it is just more crisp with a lot more sharpen and details but for shore needs more power, but my performance ( not yet at the moment with the inbought Patch performance )

is pretty good.

I don`t need Ultra; mine is a mix betwin high and mittel and more you don`t need IMO, and with those settings it performs OK with 4K.

cheers 😉

Edited by pmplayer

My Rig : Intel I7-7820X 8 Core ( 16 Threads ) @ 4,0, ASUS Prime X299 A II,  64 GB 3600-17 Trident Z, 750W Corsair CX750 80+ Bronze,  MSI 8GB RTX 2080 Super Ventus XS OC, WD 4TB and WD 6TB 7200 HD,  Win10 V.21H2, in use 3x 4K monitors 2x32 Samsung 1x27 LG  3840x2160.

spacer.png

3 hours ago, Bobsk8 said:

I work a few days a week with very high end 4K and even 8 k monitors we use for testing high end video equipment. I can't for the life of me understand why someone sitting two feet  away from a monitor needs 4K. Your eye can't even resolve that resolution, and your GPU and CPU are working like crazy trying to pump out these pixels. I have a monitor with 1080P and my CPU and GPU are just loafing along. 

You're wasting your time trying to explain this to people. I've worked as a professional video editor on A list movies, TV shows, taught people that stuff for years all over the world, taught special effects for movies to some of the biggest names in movie production, taught high-end image editing, colour correction etc, worked for Adobe and other major companies who make all this stuff possible, so I do know about this stuff, and I've tried pointing this stuff about resolutions and frame rates etc to people for years, but it's no use, they just see the latest shiny monitor/TV and believe the marketing speak that you must have the new toy at super-mega-resolution and run your sim at the highest resolution you can and off they go, insisting that 1920x1080 isn't good enough for their super-refined eyes.

Then they wonder why their sim runs like a piece of sh*te and crashes all the time.

Edited by Chock
  • Like 1

Alan Bradbury

Check out my youtube flight sim videos: Here

2 hours ago, Chock said:

jWObxc9.png

Happy for you. But 30 FPS exterior in the cub at 1080p is nothing to celebrate either. I'd expect about 80.

13900K@5.8GHz - ROG Strix Z790-E - 2X16Gb G.Skill Trident DDR5 6400 CL32 - MSI RTX 4090 Suprim X - WD SN850X 2 TB M.2 - XPG S70 Blade 2 TB M.2 - MSI A1000G PCIE5 1000 W 80+ Gold PSU - Liam Li 011 Dynamic Razer case - 58" Panasonic TC-58AX800U 4K - Pico 4 VR  HMD - WinWing HOTAS Orion2 MAX - ProFlight Pedals - TrackIR 5 - W11 Pro (Passmark:12574, CPU:63110-Single:4785, GPU:50688)

1 minute ago, Chock said:

You're wasting your time trying to explain this to people. I've worked as a professional video editor on A list movies, TV, taught people that stuff for years all over the world, taught special effects for movies to some of the biggest names in movie production, taught high-end image editing, colour correction etc, worked for Adobe and other major companies who make all this stuff possible, and I've tried pointing this stuff out to people for years, but it's no use, they just see the latest shiny monitor/TV and believe the marketing speak that you must have the new toy and off they go, insisting that 1920x1080 isn't good enough for their super refined eyes. Then they wonder why their sim runs like a piece of sh*te.

Exactly.  I held training Classes at Movie Studios, Government Simulator Sites, TV Networks, etc.. People just don't get it. Wait until 8 K comes along and they will need a $8000 PC to power it properly. I have 4 k Monitors at work, and I hate working with them, because I am sitting close to the screen, and sometimes it is difficult.  to figure out where the mouse is on the screen. The 8K monitor drives me crazy. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Just now, odourboy said:

Happy for you. But 30 FPS exterior in the cub at 1080p is nothing to celebrate either. I'd expect about 80.

In a sim, 30 FPS gives  smooth motion . $20,000,000 sims for the airlines use 30 FPS. 

• Like 1