Sign in to follow this  
stefaandk

More than 10 custom cockpit camera views?

Now with the CRJ I easily have 10 views setup for my captain position alone using ctrl-alt 1 to 0 and then mapped them to my hotas Given the CRJ  allows me to use different FMC settings and screen settings for the FO I would like to map some additional cameras again to jump to those screens quickly, there doesn't seem to be a way to do this.  Would the paid version of FSUIPC allow for this?

Hi stefaank - I am sure you can help me. I have just purchased the CRJ, and for the first time, I am trying to setup various camera views within the cockpit in MSFS2020 - but it is not working. For example, I am in the cockpit, I navigate to a view that I want to save, and then attempt to save it by using ctrl-alt and a digit 1-10 - nothing seems to happen - and when I depress alt and the digit selected (having changed the view) - it does not return to the view I want to save.

I have the Thrustmaster Hotas joystick and throttle - so as well as understanding what I am doing wrong to save my selected views, I would welcome knowing what you have done, and how, to map to your hotas.

I have checked that my keyboard profile in the control section is mapped to the default keys for saving a selected view.

Appreciate any help, as I am struggling with this one.

George Westwell

Does anyone know if the Ctrl+Alt 0-9 camera commands are individual for each aircraft?

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

11 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

Does anyone know if the Ctrl+Alt 0-9 camera commands are individual for each aircraft?

Simply, why don’t you try it?

ASUS, Intel® Core™ i7-7700K, CPU 4.8GHz, NVIDIA GTX 1080Ti 11GB, 32GB RAM, 512GB SSD + 2TB HDD, ASUS 43" PG43UQ Monitor G-SYNC, LG UltraGear 27" GN850 G-SYNC

25 minutes ago, Ixoye said:

I believe it is per aircraft, I set up some views for the C172 and when I went to the Mooney, there were no views carried over. Same with the Arrow 3. I am sure that each aircraft has a different set of views that you need to set up. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

19 minutes ago, aero943 said:

I have not needed so far as I have not used all available yet.

System: I ASRock X670E | AMD 7800X3D | 32Gb DDR5 6000 | RTX 4090 | 2TB NVMe | LG Ultra Gear 34* UW |

1 hour ago, aero943 said:

Personally.. I have.  They appear to do nothing on my pc. 

I have simply had no luck in making any preset cockpit camera view.  I have tried setting ctrl-alt+1 (through 5) utilizing both the left and right ctrl and alt keys for various views.  Then pressing alt+1 shows me the default 'pilot view' (I think - as this is a view point I never selected) and the remaining alt+2-5 actions do nothing.  The camera system is one of the top disappointments for me. 

CPU: Core i5-6600K 4 core (3.5GHz) - overclock to 4.3 | RAM: (1066 MHz) 16GB
MOBO: ASUS Z170 Pro |  GeForce GTX 1070 8GB | MONITOR: 2560 X 1440 2K

27 minutes ago, Mike S KPDX said:

I have simply had no luck in making any preset cockpit camera view.  I have tried setting ctrl-alt+1 (through 5) utilizing both the left and right ctrl and alt keys for various views.  Then pressing alt+1 shows me the default 'pilot view' (I think - as this is a view point I never selected) and the remaining alt+2-5 actions do nothing.  The camera system is one of the top disappointments for me. 

You are using the top number keys aren't you?  Not the keypad keys (like Xplane does).
The keypad number keys won't work, and a lot of people get confused by this as a carry over from Xplane.

This way of setting up cameras works perfectly for me.  It is per plane, but  you can't do any more than the top row of number keys as far as I know, as it only has 10 custom camera views listed in the controls setup menu.

You can do separate ones for viewing instruments however.  instead of alt-1, it is ctrl-1 etc....  Different key presses to store them though obviously, something like ctrl-shift-1 etc..  Can't remember exactly.

Edited by bobcat999

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Just to say I successfully use the keypad numbers with num-lock on.

I set key board assignments Ctrl+(0-9) to save view and simply (0-9) to load a view.

Saved views are particular to each plane.

Regards

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mike S KPDX said:

This is the same issue that I am having - so what are we doing wrong? Is there something else in the setup or options that we have not set up correctly?

George Westwell

One thing to try is deleting each one of the Save View bindings, then add them back.

Intel i7 10700K (OC 5.0) / 32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL16 / EVGA NVIDIA RTX 2070 Super XC Ultra 8GB RAM / SSDs / 660watt PSU / LG27GL83A-B  1440P IPS G-Sync Compatible / Noctua NH-D15 CHROMAX / Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo

You can set up  cockpit views for each plane, which for some planes isn't quite sufficient if you want to also have passenger cabin views. 

I had to reinstall MSFS 2020 a couple of times and found that they are not synced back after you reinstall the sim. The rest of the data is saved to the cloud.

9 hours ago, SquadronLeader said:

I have the Thrustmaster Hotas joystick and throttle - so as well as understanding what I am doing wrong to save my selected views, I would welcome knowing what you have done, and how, to map to your hotas.

They are stored on a per plane basis in this directory:

C:\Users\Yourname\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\SimObjects\Airplanes

So once you setup the 700 you can copy them to the 550 or vice versa.

Not sure why they wouldn't work for you when you map them, that seems rather odd.  You haven't got caps lock on or anything?  Or you haven't deleted the existing keyboard mappings ALT-1 etc by any chance?  Not sure if those are actually mapped or hard coded tbh ( can't quite check atm) but probably worth checking by selecting keyboard in controllers and then look at the camera views it has associated.

When it comes to mapping them to the hotas, I use the hat switch on the left edge of the stick to move between all my mostly used views which works really well..  Under controls in msfs I recommend copying your current profile first, name it CRJ sumtin.  Then search for camera views make sure you got it set to all and then simply map them to the joystick.  Maybe then check if the file gets created in the above dir, it only gets created once you map your own views.   Possibly a permission issue there but I can't see how.

I can probably paste the CRJ camera views I use from that file if you like.

Coming back to my original question I assume 10 custom views is still the maximum.