Sign in to follow this  
BostonJeremy77

What's the future?

15 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

. What does P3D offer you in terms of realism that MSFS doesn't? Again, availability to aircraft excluded. Because, to ME, the availability of that aircraft is really the ONLY reason P3D is right now superior. 

I gigantic SDK wich makes lots of integrations and add-ons possible to be developed and used 

But again....the topic was "what's the future"...

So what is the "future" related to P3D?

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Maybe they can start to model the atmosphere properly so our altimeters will show errors when we have temperatures deviating from ISA. No need for cold weather correction in P3D, because the game doesn't care. Only pressure is reflected.

reference for nerds

ghvx9.png.132966a8a4bb30558fa4382a833221

• Like 1

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

10 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

If/when highly detailed come to MSFS (really more of a when), P3D is pretty much done outside of niche uses. It's all about the add-on ecosystem, and I don't see how it's going to thrive when airports cost twice as much as their MSFS counterparts. 

It doesn't help that LM fumbles every new feature like EA.

When all the highly detailed airplanes (+ weather programs and other stuff) come to MSFS, I am sure that hardly anyone will be unhappy about it (maybe except LM). Are you willing to wait for that moment?  If yes, great, you will save a bunch of money. But I am not willing to wait an uncertain length of time. I can use them in P3D now. It costs money, yes, but the great thing about a market economy is that you have complete liberty over what you buy and when. I prefer paying for them and flying them now. When they will be made for MSFS, who knows, maybe there will be a discount?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mpo910 said:

I gigantic SDK wich makes lots of integrations and add-ons possible to be developed and used 

But again....the topic was "what's the future"...

So what is the "future" related to P3D?

Good point. Things like GTN750 via Garmin trainers are not possible in MSFS at the moment. 

I'd REALLY like P3D to take some steps to:

1) Improve some default models

2) Improve EA

3) Revamp the flight planner to properly support SIDs and STARs

4) Aircraft selection screen - why does every livery have to be its own aircraft where I have 200+ aircraft in my list? Yes, I know about stars and favorites, but you could also revamp that so that the aircraft is selected and then the livery can be selected in another screen.

5) VRAM management optimization - re: DXGI Device Hung error

For a v6, this would be probably a good list. 😉

21 minutes ago, Chapstick said:

If/when highly detailed come to MSFS (really more of a when), P3D is pretty much done outside of niche uses. It's all about the add-on ecosystem, and I don't see how it's going to thrive when airports cost twice as much as their MSFS counterparts. 

It doesn't help that LM fumbles every new feature like EA.

I am inpatient and not willing to wait another year. Because that would be 2 years waiting in total from the moment MSFS was announced.

DX11 with current performance and complex PMDG? I am really not so sure if that will work. This is not comparable with any other current plane incl mod in MSFS. 

DX11.....and....MSFS....IF...than not under a year from now. 

Enough MSFS please.  Talk about P3D otherwise the Mods will probably close this thread.

P3D has huge chances now. Lots of simmer stuck or got back for vee good reasons. 

Now it's time to enhance the Atmospherics and vram management. 

Then the world will look MUCH better already.....100% sure. 

• Upvote 1

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

1 hour ago, mpo910 said:

Kevin. How's life? A bit impatient here 😃

Small but decent steps........for a small but very competent decent LM Team. 

if you had to choose between stunning Atmospherics + related fixes or new\updated Autogen......what would You choose (1 change\option possible )?

And now imagine a Backlog filled with many many Bugs, Technical Debts, User Stories etc. 

But...I understand you......

I find this Google Earth like looking scenery incl city\building density and shapes\colors a very nice thought....

Imagine this with Enhanced or updated TrueSky........no need to hop over to MSFS......would save me LOTS of time, money and frustration........(as my AP in MSFS still does not work properly)

Marcus

I didn't necessarily mean that the Google earth like scenery should be a priority. Far from it actually, I agree EA should be the focus.

I commented on the understanding that Arno has impeccable FSX/P3D credentials and has produced many of the tools Devs rely on.  Why on earth wouldn't LM want someone like that on the inside helping them leverage their work?! 😁

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

15 minutes ago, SAS443 said:

Maybe they can start to model the atmosphere properly so our altimeters will show errors when we have temperatures deviating from ISA. No need for cold weather correction in P3D, because the game doesn't care. Only pressure is reflected.

reference for nerds

ghvx9.png.132966a8a4bb30558fa4382a833221

LOL! I just over come this glaring over sight with my short attention span and poor eye sight which most times have me 10 to 1500 feet off of my desired altitude.🤓

Sam

Prepar3D V5.3/12700K@5.1/EVGA 3080 TI/1000W PSU/Windows 10/40" 4K Samsung@3840x2160/ASP3D/ASCA/ORBX/
ChasePlane/General Aviation/Honeycomb Alpha+Bravo/MFG Rudder Pedals/

Just now, kevinfirth said:

I didn't necessarily mean that the Google earth like scenery should be a priority. Far from it actually, I agree EA should be the focus.

I commented on the understanding that Arno has impeccable FSX/P3D credentials and has produced many of the tools Devs rely on.  Why on earth wouldn't LM want someone like that on the inside helping them leverage their work?! 😁

This Google Earth part came from me here....sorry for my confusing way of communicating. This is not my day......

I can't tell you Kevin about LM and Arno.

I don't know Arno and his work....and I can not imagine how he would help LM.....just because I don't know him at all....

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Just now, mpo910 said:

This Google Earth part came from me here....sorry for my confusing way of communicating. This is not my day......

I can't tell you Kevin about LM and Arno.

I don't know Arno and his work....and I can not imagine how he would help LM.....just because I don't know him at all....

Take one look at his blog and his posts at fsdeveloper going back forever 😛

Kevin Firth - i9 10850K @5.2; Asus Maximus XII Hero; 32Gb Cas16 3600 DDR4; RTX3090; AutoFPS; FG mod

Beta tester for: UK2000; JustFlight; VoxATC; FSReborn; //42

xaP1VAU.png

8 minutes ago, kevinfirth said:

Take one look at his blog and his posts at fsdeveloper going back forever 😛

I will....after this week as I have a small "private project" to handle this week and weekend and just don't have the extra Energie to dig into this.  Thanks for the hint Kevin. 

Regards,

Marcus P.

xaP1VAU.png

Arno was part of the NL2000 team ( starts at age 25 yo if I am correct) and developed tools so they could and can make that great freeware scenery.

I have met him several times and sometime I ask him for advice.

He also is part of the team that developes Addons for the night ....... ( with he who is not spoken about ... ).

- - - 

Regarding P3D : it has a base of 10 years and although some have issues with it, for me it has been a rock solid platform.

And with the AS VolumetricClouds mod + detailed clouds + EnvShade and PR scenery + custom AG + POIs it gives me what I want as a home cockpit flyer.

Something MSFS cannot do for a long time.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

15 minutes ago, shivers9 said:

LOL! I just over come this glaring over sight with my short attention span and poor eye sight which most times have me 10 to 1500 feet off of my desired altitude.🤓

it should among others be applied to your DA/MDA. That's one of the most critical corrections when dealing with cold weather ops. 

The game does not reflect this. I would like that to be changed. 

EASA PPL SEPL ( NQ , EFIS, Variable Pitch, SLPC, Retractable undercarriage)
B23 / PA32R / PA28 / DA40 / C172S 

MSFS | X-Plane 12 |

Is P3D really targeted at government/military users? One thing I learned about politicians in 69 years of observation is what they say for official or public consumption can be 180 degrees from who they are. In other words "what you do speaks so loud I can't hear what you say".  How does that relate to P3D? How many militaries or civilians still need to train on Emilia Earhart era Electras, Constellations, P38 Lighting fighter planes or Mauls?  Take a look at their partners articles on their web site and you will see a plenty of articles on eye candy developers unneeded for training purposes. Some black ops team may need to sneak into Telluride for some clandestine snow skiing. I think it's plain LMs' purpose extends a bit beyond training well into the hobby, corner and for  that reason I believe development will continue with that venue in mind.   

• Upvote 1

Vic green

1 hour ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

I have all of ORBX Global stuff, but no regions (either regions or TrueEarth, which I heard the latter one is a frame-killer)... Are regions worth it? Most importantly, the reason I haven't bought them is because on Orbx's store it says they aren't FULLY compatible with 5.1. 

I have the UK in regions and TE, I've just switched back from TE to using the regions to make my VR as smooth as possible. I'm doing more airliner work at higher altitude at the moment, so TE is a pointless drain on resources as from altitude the regions actually look better anyway to my eye. I really like the orbx regions and they're on sale at the moment if you want to try one. Initially the true earth products did really tax frame rates but they've since found a way to optimize them in P3D so they aren't that bad now. They are much better in both appearance and performance in XP however, and for low level VFR in an area I know I find them superior to MSFS. As I mentioned the azzure puts loads of trees where there shouldn't be any near where I live so that spoils it for me, orbx TE doesnt and has  custom POIs

1 hour ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

P3D offer you in terms of realism that MSFS doesn't?

Mainly it is the aircraft available and their systems simulation, but other than that its the fine control of the cloud and visibility that I need which last time I was there wasnt available in MSFS.

787 captain.  

Previously 24 years on 747-400.Technical advisor on PMDG 747 legacy versions QOTS 1 , FS9 and Aerowinx PS1. 

3 minutes ago, PATCO LCH said:

Is P3D really targeted at government/military users?

Rather niche use of P3D Professional Plus if not military:

Fixes and Improvements (Professional Plus Only) v5.0

• Fixed issue preventing weapon damage from applying when played back from a recording in some cases.
  • Additional camera interface updates for CIGI.
  • Added additional configuration options, descriptions, and validation checks to several AI behaviors in SimDirector.
  • Fixed issue with entities assigned to the Combat Air Patrol behavior losing altitude.
  • The elapsed scenario time now displays in SimOperator.
  • Navigation visuals are now available in SimOperator.
  • Added the measure tool to SimOperator.
  • Fixed issue causing incorrect CombatAirPatrol altitude handling.

Fixes and Improvements (Professional Plus Only) v5.1

• Multiple SimOperators can now join and control the same multiplayer session.
  • Monitoring properties on player objects is now available in SimOperator.
  • Fixed issue where gun system trigger would not disengage when attacker behavior was deactivated.
  • Fixed issue where SimOperator would overwrite multiplayer host settings with options that were currently disabled.
  • Fixed issue where DIS aircraft would not process canopy state.
  • Fixed issue preventing mouse rect clicks from working on AI objects.
  • Fixed issue preventing view changes from occurring properly in VR single pass in some cases.
  • Fixed issue where PlayFlightRecordingAction would interfere with the user’s FlightSegment playback.

There's a lot of development time going into those type of features listed above.
Also, getting $60 - $200 for a few tens of thousands of home 'academic' / 'professional' simmers every 2-3 years doesn't seem to be a great way to use LM's resources to make money.

Just my 2 pennies.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D; MSI RTX 3080 Ti VENTUS 3X; 32GB Corsair 3200 MHz; ASUS VG35VQ 35" (3440 x 1440)
Fulcrum One yoke; Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack Airbus edition; MFG Crosswind rudder pedals; CPFlight MCP 737; Logitech FIP x3; TrackIR

MSFS; Fenix A320; A2A PA-24; HPG H145; PMDG 737-600; AIG; RealTraffic; PSXTraffic; FSiPanel; REX AccuSeason Adv; FSDT GSX Pro; FS2Crew RAAS Pro; FS-ATC Chatter