Sign in to follow this  
Oldschool61

MSFS IFR routes

One nice feature with the stock aircraft is that when you make an IFR or GPS route on the World map it gets automatically imported into the 

selected aircraft.  The Aerosoft CRJ doesn't have this feature.  Are there any files that can be edited in the CRJ folder that would

automatically load the MSFS IFR route into the CRJ FMS??   Don't want to have to spend as much time doing clerical data entry.

Would rather spend my limited flight time in the air and not on the ground!!!

If you’d like, you can import the simbrief flightplan, which involves a lot less typing. It doesn’t take much effort to do so.

I do old school way. Generate MSFS flight plan. Edit extra waypoints then write  down and manually enter them to FMC 🙂 It's still better than feed FlyJSim B727 CIVA LOL

• Like 1

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

26 minutes ago, Oldschool61 said:

One nice feature with the stock aircraft is that when you make an IFR or GPS route on the World map it gets automatically imported into the 

selected aircraft.  The Aerosoft CRJ doesn't have this feature.  Are there any files that can be edited in the CRJ folder that would

automatically load the MSFS IFR route into the CRJ FMS??   Don't want to have to spend as much time doing clerical data entry.

Would rather spend my limited flight time in the air and not on the ground!!!

Online Flight Planner - ONLY FOR FLIGHT SIMULATION

Simplist Flighplan creator. There are better ones but this is the easiest. Save As .flp (Airbus X) then save to Users/.........aerosoft-crj/work folder. Then type the ICAO fromto   I.E   KSFOKLAX and press FPLN then press button left of route then then press exec then press dirintc button and press purple leg text and exec button again. CRJ will then follow in NAV mode. No automatic entry mode.

Edited by 40track

There has to be some kind of file to edit to import the FS IFR plans.  How do the default aircraft transfer all the IFR data to the planes FMS??  I can be done but how?

Maybe its possible to switch plane models in the plane folders with like a citation to get the flight plans auto loaded.

15 minutes ago, amahran said:

If you’d like, you can import the simbrief flightplan, which involves a lot less typing. It doesn’t take much effort to do so.

But its still more than what the default planes can do.  IF I want to go from SFO to LAX I just clickl departure and arrival airport then select the IFR drop down and pick a runway thats ILS for landing and its done like magic!!!  Just click the fly button and your on your way.  No FUSS.

I dont have hours a day to fly so its beneficial to not have to do the clerical data entry.  That cuts into flight time.  I'm into flying not ground school!!

1 hour ago, Oldschool61 said:

There has to be some kind of file to edit to import the FS IFR plans.  How do the default aircraft transfer all the IFR data to the planes FMS??  I can be done but how?

Maybe its possible to switch plane models in the plane folders with like a citation to get the flight plans auto loaded.

File is saved then dropped in the work directory then entered as how it was named and instructions on how to do it above. You dont switch models and no known way to do that.

Edited by 40track

Half the fun is setting up the fmc and inputting your flight plan. It's not clerical days entry as you say. It's an essential part of of flying the crj, and it's not even that hard. Grab a route from flightaware. Don't be lazy 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

SMH, there's no other way around it. Your going to have to go to ground school. Don't know why you bought the plane of you don't want to type in your flight plan. Just use a default plane instead 

• Like 1

No matter how many times people tell this guy it can't be done, he keeps asking the same question here and on the MSFS Forum. I don't understand. GO FLY DEFAULT AIRCRAFT. 

2 minutes ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

No matter how many times people tell this guy it can't be done, he keeps asking the same question here and on the MSFS Forum. I don't understand. GO FLY DEFAULT AIRCRAFT. 

Or use simbrief like someone else suggested. 

• Like 1

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, Oldschool61 said:

What you don't seem to understand is that the default aircraft use the built-in nav database. The Aerosoft CRJ uses its own custom nav database with an option to use the most current Navigraph one if you subscribe to that. The reason you can't force the aircraft to talk to MSFS Flight Planner is BECAUSE THEY SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE. They don't communicate using the same database. AT ALL. So no, it can't be done. 

3 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

Or use simbrief like someone else suggested. 

He has been offered SimBrief both here and on the MSFS Forum. He obviously just wants to click a couple of times and fly without exerting any effort to do anything else. This aircraft was just not really built for people like that. He is not the target clientele of this add-on. It's a little more involved (thankfully) than the default stuff. 

1 minute ago, BostonJeremy77 said:

What you don't seem to understand is that the default aircraft use the built-in nav database. The Aerosoft CRJ uses its own custom nav database with an option to use the most current Navigraph one if you subscribe to that. The reason you can't force the aircraft to talk to MSFS Flight Planner is BECAUSE THEY SPEAK A DIFFERENT LANGUAGE. They don't communicate using the same database. AT ALL. So no, it can't be done. 

I don't own the CRJ, but flying tubeliners in the past, I could always use Simbrief to import a FP into both the sim and the FMC of many popular Tubeliners. Can't this be done with the CRJ, if you update it with Navigraph, because that is what Simbrief uses for it's database. You don't even have to subscribe to Navigraph, just buy one month of it for around $9 and then cancel the subscription. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

Yeah, I’m not sure if what you’re asking for is possible, since the sim and CRJ speak different languages for now.

The easiest thing to do is just quick boot the CRJ to turnaround state, quickly go to your flight plan page, type in your departure and arrival, and make the first waypoint in the flightplan your arrival airport.

The rest is all icing that you could skip in theory. If you want waypoints along the way, just enter the major ones in series before the arrival airport in the flightplan page.

EDIT: I should mention that this isn’t the intended use of the CRJ, which is more targeted towards people who would actually enjoy the hour of pre-flight planning. So if you’re rushing through the startup you may get unexpected issues.

Edited by amahran
  • Like 1