Sign in to follow this  
filou

Where are the NG software?

That video,  aside from the dramatic music,  was an amazing showcase of function.  That really is pushing functionality and the user experience to what it needs to be.    The trend is very much towards a connected flying experience and I really hope this is something we'll be getting in MSFS

A superb mustering of talent with their best offering yet, on a somewhat redundant platform.  

I'm just not sure if there is enough revenue potential for FSLabs with FBW on their wing though, but I sure hope this pans out for the benefit of all.

Edited by ErichB
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, ErichB said:

That video,  aside from the dramatic music,  was an amazing showcase of function.  That really is pushing functionality and the user experience to what it needs to be.    The trend is very much towards a connected flying experience and I really hope this is something we'll be getting in MSFS

A superb mustering of talent with their best offering yet, on a somewhat redundant platform.  

I have nothing to add you have described the essentials perfectly.

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, gb09f said:

The FlyByWire Airbus products will be as good as, if not better than this given time. For free. 

I am sure that the FlyByWire upgrades are very good, but let's not get silly. There is a reason why it took FSL six years to build the first version of their A320.

Edited by Christopher Low
  • Like 3
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

1 hour ago, Christopher Low said:

I am sure that the FlyByWire upgrades are very good, but let's not get silly. There is a reason why it took FSL six years to build the first version of their A320.

Once FBW have modelled reliable LNAV/VNAV modes for the A320 there is going to be very little need for someone like me to buy a payware A320.

The market that Aerosoft have so proudly filled all these years is that of the casual simmer who just wants to program the FMC and hit go on the autopilot, the FBW should do all of that this year.

As for FSLabs..they have served the community well over the last 5 years and I wish them well but I can't see them bringing their Airbus to FS2020 for quite some time and who knows what state the FBW will be in 5 years from now.

I would love to buy an A320 from FSLabs on MSFS but I fear it will be a very long time away.

Edited by highflyer2020
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Christopher Low said:

Again, one costs 0€ and the other one costs 140€ 😉

AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D, 64GB DDR5 6000MHZ RAM, RTX 2080Super 

So, FSL is promoting a tablet.... on a simulator platform on its way out....wow, I'm blown away. Spectacularly innovative. To be honest, it smells of desperation. 

Edited by Ricardo41
  • Like 5

Is this a P3D promo? Why?

Jacek G.

Ryzen 5800X3D | Asus RTX4090 OC | 64gb DDR4 3600 | Asus ROG Strix X570E | HX1000w | Fractal Design Torrent RGB | AOC AGON 49' Curved QHD |

It was a clever way to advertise a P3D product in the Microsoft Flight Simulator forum. I take my hat off to the OP :wink:

• Like 4
  • Upvote 2

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

58 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

So, FSL is promoting a tablet.... on a simulator platform on its way out....wow, I'm blown away. Spectacularly innovative. To be honest, it smells of desperation. 

Are you at the end of your life?

• Like 1

CORSAIR 4000 AIRFLOW (WHITE) / RYZEN 5800X3D / ASUS TUF GAMING B550-PLUS / ARTIC LIQUID FREEZERII 240 / 32 GO DDR4 3200 KINGSTON FURY / MSI RTX4090 VENTUS 3X 24G OC / KINGSTON NV1 NVME 2 TO / BE QUIET PURE POWER 11FM  1000W 80PLUS GOLD / SAMSUNG NEO QLED 43" 4K.

1 hour ago, Ricardo41 said:

There is nothing desperate about it. The sharklet versions and probably the EFB too have been in the works since before MSFS was announced, so they would have come at some point either way, with or without MSFS on the market and there are enough people who are still on P3D and will download this new version/update, so there isn't any point in not releasing it. This isn't a response to MSFS or an attempt to keep people on P3D. Besides, a potential FSL A320 for MSFS would surely include the sharklets and EFB.

Edited by threegreen
  • Like 2

Microsoft Flight Simulator | PMDG 737 for MSFS | Fenix A320 | www.united-virtual.com | www.virtual-aal.com | Ryzen 9 7950X3D | Kingston Fury Renegade 32 GB | RTX 3090 MSI Suprim X | Windows 11 Pro | HP Reverb G2 VR HMD

25 minutes ago, Christopher Low said:

It was a clever way to advertise a P3D product in the Microsoft Flight Simulator forum. I take my hat off to the OP :wink:

Advertising is for little brains easily influenced

8 hours ago, filou said:

is it possible to see new things in MSFS? New generation software, for example.I want modernity!

Sorry I've been using MSFS 2020 for 7 months and didn't find anything new or next generation in it in terms of flight simulation. Everything that relates to the simulation of flight in this software is worse than previous generations even. The default GPS for GA prop aircraft in FSX could easily do holds and missed approaches for example. Simple, basic functionalities are entirely missing in MSFS 2020. When it comes to flight simulation, MSFS 2020 have gone about a thousand steps backward.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, EvidencePlz said:

Sorry I've been using MSFS 2020 for 7 months and didn't find anything new or next generation in it in terms of flight simulation. Everything that relates to the simulation of flight in this software is worse than previous generations even. The default GPS for GA prop aircraft in FSX could easily do holds and missed approaches for example. Simple, basic functionalities are entirely missing in MSFS 2020. When it comes to flight simulation, MSFS 2020 have gone about a thousand steps backward.

In this case, you need to find another activity.Did you try to do nothing at all for example ? Because stay 7 months on something that took a thousand steps back...it must not have been easy on every flight is not it?

1 hour ago, filou said:

Are you at the end of your life?

I bet there is a Delorean parked outside your door. 

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, Ricardo41 said:

I bet there is a Delorean parked outside your door. 

Trying to focus on yourself will be enough for you.

• Like 1