Sign in to follow this  
billkirk888

Stuck downloading again

Here we go again.... stuck downloading bigfiles.  This happens every time MSFS updates.  I've done everything MS suggests.  The only things that worked in the past were Netlimiter and a free VPN software.  Both limited the download speed.  For whatever reason, that allows the larger files to download.  Unfortunately, both Netlimiter and the free VPN software were trial versions that have since expired.  Another thing that worked on the last download was me pausing and unpausing the download every 30 seconds or so.  That was extremely painful.  I've tried to slow my network card down (slowest it will allow is 10g full/half duplex), but that doesn't work.  The bigfiles gets up to maybe 13 or 14% downloaded and goes back to zero, looping over and over.

I've issued 2 tickets with MS (both on the last update and this one).  All I receive is a canned response telling me to try what I've already done (which I had explained in the original ticket).  They are of no help.  I play several games, and have been a gamer for probably 2 decades.  I have never had this issue before.  

I'm really at a loss.  

I had my fair share of files looping in the latest Update.

As you tried, sometimes PAUSE - wait a few moments - UN-PAUSE. 

But a few times that didn't do it. I had to kill MSFS and restart the PC, then start MSFS again. That didi the trick with those more persistent "Loopers".

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese

I have, today, for the 6th time, also failed to complete. I have tried all ways to resolve this since Wednesday, no luck.  An Acronis backup - latest, latest minus 1 and latest minus 2 all fail at the same point.  22.2GB downloaded and back to 4GB+ needed.  I hope I have cut my losses by reinstalling my original W10 64 Bit and am in the process of upgrading that to "latest".  I have formatted the 2nd 2TB SSD and will try an overnight run - around 1GB in 7 minutes.  If that fails, then I will have little choice but to fall back to a previous Sim  😞   Piddled off to say the least!!  BR

M.

Very Best Wishes,

Dr T. Maurice Murphy

I found another program that limits download speed called Net Balancer.  It has a limited time free trial, so I'll only be able to use it once.  It is working, but I have to decrease my download speed to a crawl, or it will start looping again.  I have been downloading for 3 days and am currently at roughly 3/5 of the way through.  Unbelievable. 

49 minutes ago, billkirk888 said:

I found another program that limits download speed called Net Balancer.  It has a limited time free trial, so I'll only be able to use it once.  It is working, but I have to decrease my download speed to a crawl, or it will start looping again.  I have been downloading for 3 days and am currently at roughly 3/5 of the way through.  Unbelievable. 

Are you located in Canada by any chance ?

Ryzen 5 5600X - Noctua U12A, 32Gb Vengence, Sapphire Pulse 5700xt, WD Black SN750 NVMe SSD

This problem is completely unacceptable in the 1990s...I mean 2021. 

AMD Ryzen 9 7950X3D | RTX 4090 | 48GB DDR5 7200 RAM | 4TB M.2 NVMe SSD | Corsair H150i Liquid Cooled | 4K Dell G3223Q G-Sync | Win11 x64 Pro

Same here, with an empty community folder, no overclock, lots of free space it will download the 20.97GB then when I click continue, CTD. Restarted, tried again 4 times after, once more with the last patch released, same result. I would love to try out ver 0.6 of the FBW A32N but I'm not going to waste any more time and bandwidth on this for now. I can't understand why its so difficult for the update process to do what Steam, Origin and my PS4 do without me having to think about it.