Sign in to follow this  
anitelite

latest update, still the stutters.

Per Jean Claude post - fair point. But the changes I noticed happened without a change on my system and after updates. The UK update introduced serious Airspace related issues which the hotfix corrected. Since France update stutters near ground and performance has deteriorated without me changing anything.

My settings are HIGH - ULTRA. Render scale 100 at 2k, Other LOD sliders both 175. Clouds and texture rendering ULTRA, buildings trees etc HIGH. Vert sync on 60fps. Have a Gsync monitor set to 120.

PC i5 4690k, 32Gb RAM, GTX1080ti, Win 10 OS and MSFS running off different SSDs.

Lowering settings makes some difference but stutters still there where they weren’t before.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, rayharris108 said:

Per Jean Claude post - fair point. But the changes I noticed happened without a change on my system and after updates. The UK update introduced serious Airspace related issues which the hotfix corrected. Since France update stutters near ground and performance has deteriorated without me changing anything.

I can confirm this, but also noticed that the traffic has increased a lot. Before this patch, during all the ground procedures in big international airports, I received only 2-3 ATC messages related to other aircraft maneuvering or approaching. Now the ATC is continuously talking. Traffic sliders are at 50% as usual. Even if that's not intentional and maybe just a coincidence in the last 2 flights, it can certainly been related to the performance drop. Traffic is on the poor, crushed main thread just like everything else...

MSFS-CPU-usage.png

I also have to say that LFPG is a real mess. On the way from the gate (don't remember which one but it was far away) to runway 26R I encountered a lot of bumps and traffic crossing, even a couple of galleries with cars disappearing into them.

N.B.: no add-ons were used and I was sober 🙂

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Yes there's more traffic now, I had previously turned traffic off though.

I just did a flight LOWI (Orbx) - LFSB (the add on from Marketplace) in the CJ4, and it was definitely much better and smoother than the TBM with WT G3000 mod.

However on approach to LFSB RWY 33, where I had seen 30-42FPS in flight, it dropped down to 16-19 and really stuttery on approach. Once stationary at the gate, back up to 35FPS...

Turn off multiplayer and real time traffic and it should be silky smooth. Every flight sim I have ever used had the same issue.

Edited by sanh
  • Like 1

I have a just empty community (FBW 320 IVAO and the orly scene) I end up with stutters or I didn't have any before without adding anything.

And we know we need to delete the cache but mine is still off MP is still off realtime AI traffic is off windows defender is off windows update is off (we are starting to figure out what to do to avoid stuttering)

So for sure the update changes something

Edited by Axis3600

Yes.  If you start with a fresh PC reboot, then If you turn off all of the caching, live weather, live traffic, photogrammetry, multi-player, empty the community folder, and turn down the LOD, and if you can tolerate the pauses in some areas, it is possible to get a flight out of it - some days!  :biggrin: 

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

8 hours ago, Andy675 said:

I too get 'pauses' about 5 miles out from major airports. From what I can deduce it is scenery loading as I noticed on approaching EGLL static planes suddenly appearing! There is constant hard disk activity at the same time. I have a high end computer but due to a smallish monitor I run on 'high' settings only. Multi player is turned off.

This makes sense, and is exactly what I am experiencing. I have tried a few different airports, but as you mentioned, I do all of my flying into major airports. I try to do only short flights since I have no confidence that the flight will end well. My last flight was from EGAC to EIDW, which doesn’t seem to be an overly demanding area. I am almost a 100% CRJ to major airport flier, so I will get little use out of MSFS until the pauses and stutters are mitigated. Fortunately, I still use P3dv5 for the vast majority of my sim flying, which works mostly flawless for me.

Cheers, Pete

Pete Solov - Lake in the Hills 3CK

and Schaumburg Regional 06C
Proud AOPA Member - PPL 2001
Real World Piper Cherokee Pilot

9 hours ago, Axis3600 said:

+1 first time that I have to go down the parameters to have a little more fluidity! Again the game would have had a graphical improvement or a bigger LOD OK. But it is not the case it regrets! It is less and less beautiful compared to the previous version!

When the game just came out, I had the best smoothest performance even with all Ultra settings and I have videos to prove that. Performance now is nowhere as good as it was in the first day. 🙁

• Like 3

I9-13900K, RTX 4090, Reverb G2, Simrig Motion platform

What MauBen is exactly correct.  I know there were bugs galore at first, but I don't understand how fixing the bugs has brought about such a gradual but steady loss of performance.

10 minutes ago, anitelite said:

What MauBen is exactly correct.  I know there were bugs galore at first, but I don't understand how fixing the bugs has brought about such a gradual but steady loss of performance.

It's not the bug fixing, it's the additional stuff such as objects, POIs, landmarks, custom airports, high resolution mesh etc. that comes with every world update.

Also the traffic has increased a lot since release (both in sim and in the real world!). 

Finally there may be stuttering caused by data streaming, which was not prominent during the alpha/beta testing and when the sim was just released because not many people were connected at the same time. We will see how the platform will scale up after the XBox release. 

• Like 2

7800X3D | 32 GB DDR5-6000 | RTX 3090 | Acer Predator X34P GSync | Tobii Eye Tracker 5 | Completed all achievements 😛 https://i.postimg.cc/DyjR8mzG/image.png

Ok....I made a few changes to my system that did result in marginal improvement.  The stutters are still there in the same place but there's maybe a 30% improvement on my box. 

I changed anistropic from 8X to 4X, turned HUD off completely, turned other aircraft/traffic off completely, and windshield effects to low.  slowed weather updates from 10 minute to 40 minute (although on the last 3 identical flights, there's been no weather to speak of) 

All this to say that whatever the primary issue is, its still there.  Mr. Fuzzy makes a valid point regarding increased mesh, airports, etc., but the route I've been flying has been the same since the sim was introduced and to my old eyes, little if any has changed on the route. 

Still....even with that....what a sim !!  For armchair flying even with its quirks, its quite a program

• Like 1

Yes it is true I also deactivated the reflections and the windshield effect on weak I was able to gain about 3fps I will try to put the anistropic on 4x because for the moment even in Agadir where there is no improvement I was at 30fps before the update today 25-27 it feels direct!

5 hours ago, PilotPete99 said:

This makes sense, and is exactly what I am experiencing. I have tried a few different airports, but as you mentioned, I do all of my flying into major airports. I try to do only short flights since I have no confidence that the flight will end well. My last flight was from EGAC to EIDW, which doesn’t seem to be an overly demanding area. I am almost a 100% CRJ to major airport flier, so I will get little use out of MSFS until the pauses and stutters are mitigated. Fortunately, I still use P3dv5 for the vast majority of my sim flying, which works mostly flawless for me.

Cheers, Pete

I find that 100 miles is a sweet spot for MSFS. After that, it is a word not allowed shoot if you will finish the flight or not. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

2 hours ago, MrFuzzy said:

It's not the bug fixing, it's the additional stuff such as objects, POIs, landmarks, custom airports, high resolution mesh etc. that comes with every world update.

Also the traffic has increased a lot since release (both in sim and in the real world!). 

Finally there may be stuttering caused by data streaming, which was not prominent during the alpha/beta testing and when the sim was just released because not many people were connected at the same time. We will see how the platform will scale up after the XBox release. 

Hopefully we have the option in sim, to not fly with people who are using an Xbox, it might just be an option we need if all the Xbox gamers tank the performance even more than at present.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D, GIGABYTE X570 Aorus Ultra, 32GB DDR4 3600 MHz RAM, 2* 1 TB SSD,1*4 TB M.2, 2*1 TB M.2, (4TB) HDD,RADEON RX 6800XT NITRO+ OC SE 16GB GDDR6, NZXT Kraken X73, NZXT 710 Case, X55 JOYSTICK/THROTTLES, LG 4K monitor, Dell 1080 monitor. Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Bravo Throttle. Thrustmaster TPR Pedals. Tobii Eye tracker.