Sign in to follow this  
Aspirelot

Maastricht, Vrijthof Square, Andre Rieu

Any other fans of Andre Rieu here?  Best rendition of Vrijthof Square now in WU4.  The two church towers are finally there!  Never been to Maastrict.  Only seen the square on Google, Bing and flight sim Orbx.  Would be nice to hear from those who know the place.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Aspirelot said:

Any other fans of Andre Rieu here?  Best rendition of Vrijthof Square now in WU4.  The two church towers are finally there!  Never been to Maastrict.  Only seen the square on Google, Bing and flight sim Orbx.  Would be nice to hear from those who know the place.

YES!!!!!   They need to show a July crowd listening to Andre & the Johan Strass Orchestra!  One of these days, I'll get to go in person.  Until then, it's YouTube and Andre's shows! 

(1809) André Rieu - Love in Maastricht - 2021 - YouTube

Richard Boll

Wichita, KS

I am a great Fan. Saw his show in Boston a couple of years ago but looking forward to going to Maastricht.

Ugh.. Rieu...

I will say this much: He is a consumate professional who knows what his audience likes. And he is very good at giving it to them.

But as someone who lives and breathes classical music I cannot under any circumsctance like what he does. He word not allowedizes and sugarcoats everything he touches, and makes great masterpieces into undercomplex showpieces or sappy tearjerkers and turns everything into 4 minute hit-radio compatible background music.

Urgh!

Isn't it nice that there's a place for everyone... reminds me of the Bose vs. Bang arguments...

Best-

Carl Avari-Cooper

22 hours ago, Aspirelot said:

I've been to Maastricht in real life. Been there a few times while working on a  project. 🙂

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

6 hours ago, Farlis said:

Ugh.. Rieu...

I will say this much: He is a consumate professional who knows what his audience likes. And he is very good at giving it to them.

But as someone who lives and breathes classical music I cannot under any circumsctance like what he does. He word not allowedizes and sugarcoats everything he touches, and makes great masterpieces into undercomplex showpieces or sappy tearjerkers and turns everything into 4 minute hit-radio compatible background music.

Urgh!

Music wise you're right. But compare it to the stock and FBW a320. Not everybody wants or is capable of simming in a highly detailed and correctly working airplane. Rieu brought a classical music setting to the masses.

I9-14900K,  Gigabyte B760 Aorus Elite AX, RTX 4080, 32 ram.1 tb nvme  M.2 SSD, MSFS 2020 on 2 tb nvme m.2 SSD