Sign in to follow this  
canuk22

CRJ erratic and unpredictable

Anyone experience erratic flight with the Aerosoft CRJ?  Attempted a few flights which I ended up never completing, the plane starts going left then returns on the flightpath then right and returns and on and on.  After a while I lose speed and it's all over.  I know about icing but not an issue here.  I have also set a deadzone on my controls because I had a problem with the FBW were it would go around in a circle and never follow the plan, so I doubt it's that since the FBW is now perfect.  Any similar experience?

Yes since the update I also have the issue that the CRJ during cruise gets slower and slower no matter how much power I actually use. I always end up stopping my flight as I can't see me doing something wrong. 

Georgian Virtual Airports (UGMS Mestia / UGGT Telavi / UGAM Ambrolauri)

I am also having problems, glideslope and sometime weird LNAV, but the worse, is the throttle, when you move them 2mm, N1 will drop 40%.

Devs are aware of this issue, it's already solved on their side, but no date or info about the next update... 🤔🙁

• Like 2

Alright good to know it's broken, it's a real bummer, brand new and can't fly it.  Thanks

2 hours ago, bendead said:

I am also having problems, glideslope and sometime weird LNAV, but the worse, is the throttle, when you move them 2mm, N1 will drop 40%.

Devs are aware of this issue, it's already solved on their side, but no date or info about the next update... 🤔🙁

Same throttle issues here with a new Logitech X52, Works fine with the A320NX , and all other aircraft...I did notice even in calibration section of MSFS there is a constant jumping of the scale, so it looks likely it's a MS/Asobo issue, which only seems to affect the CRJ

• Like 1

AMD Ryzen 7 5800x3d, MSI X570 Pro, 32 gb DDR4 3600 ram, Gigabyte 6800 16gb GPU, 1x 2tb Samsung  NvMe , 2x 1tb Sabrent NvME, 1x Crucial SSD,

I'll hold off on buying it then...darn

• Like 1

Asus Maximus X Hero Z370/ Windows 10
MSI Gaming X 1080Ti (2100 mhz OC Watercooled)
8700k (4.7ghz OC Watercooled)
32GB DDR4 3000 Ram
500GB SAMSUNG 860 EVO SERIES SSD M.2

I have only intermittent problems since last word update. Sometimes CRJ wouldn't descent at the end of the flight but other than that I did few relatively successful flights. But I agree it need update badly!

flight sim addict, airplane owner, CFI

This thing can not do ILS approach, unless you should of bought a lotto ticket that day.   I have had it freak out with massive pitch up, when trim was fine seconds before.  The plane does not allow you use same settings for Autopilot items,  reverse thrusters have to be mapped differently,  not sure why it can’t just map the same things in the sim..

Too bad the plane is pretty nice, the cabin announcements are cool, 

• Like 1

I've noticed that most of the issues with LNAV are caused by inadvertently having 1/2 bank on by mistake. Especially when there is a sharp turn in the course.

Should not if it is as real as it gets as many airlines (if not all demand it)  High levels of bank are not well recieved by passengers and the cleaners who have to clean up after.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

42 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

I've noticed that most of the issues with LNAV are caused by inadvertently having 1/2 bank on by mistake. Especially when there is a sharp turn in the course.

Should not if it is as real as it gets as many airlines (if not all demand it).  High levels of bank are not well recieved by passengers and the cleaners who have to clean up after.

Harry Woodrow

1 minute ago, harrry said:

Should not if it is as real as it gets as many airlines (if not all demand it).  High levels of bank are not well recieved by passengers and the cleaners who have to clean up after.

No doubt. But in my experience of the CRJ in this sim, rightly or wrongly, it's easy to select 1/2 bank by mistake (it's right next to the heading knob and half hidden) and then LNAV goes to pot.

16 minutes ago, jarmstro said:

No doubt. But in my experience of the CRJ in this sim, rightly or wrongly, it's easy to select 1/2 bank by mistake (it's right next to the heading knob and half hidden) and then LNAV goes to pot.

Was not saying it does not but that it should be fixed as it matters.

Edited by harrry

Harry Woodrow

8 minutes ago, harrry said:

Was not saying it does not but that it should be fixed as it matters.

Indeed!

I’ve never had the slowing down problem but sometimes the AP struggles to fly a straight line after turns. It just goes left and right like mad. Switching to HDG mode and back to NAV usually helps. What I find more frustrating is the erratic throttle as described by bendead. It makes it quite difficult to properly manage the speed on final. Capturing the ILS always works but in about 80% of my approaches I fall below the GS and I have to disengage the AP earlier than I normally would. None of these issues prevent me from finishing a flight but it’s annoying nonetheless. Good to hear that they‘re fixing these things.

Edited by Shack95
  • Upvote 1

i9-11900K, RTX 4090, 32 GB ram, Honeycomb Alpha and Bravo, TCA Airbus sidestick and quadrant, Reverb G2