Sign in to follow this  
styckx

The Pipistrel Virus is the most underated default plane

Everyone cheers on the TBM, X-Cub etc and the modded versions of GA planes but this little guy has been on point as a solid GA aircraft from day one. The flight  dynamics are awesome, the avionics are beyond what you would expect for such a little plane and yet. It's barely spoken of or addressed in any sort of meaningful way. I've yet to find a single custom livery on any site for it.

This plane is severely underrated and and ignored and I can't figure out why. It's literally the perfect low and slow GA aircraft yet no one wants to talk about it, mod it, do a paint kit, nothing. It's strange.. Any feedback from anyone?

Edited by styckx
  • Like 6
  • Upvote 1

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

There is some stuff around if you look. Just not a lot, probably because it is a premium plane.

https://flightsim.to/file/12396/pipistrel-virus-sw121-basic-colour-pack

QTbfS6d8.png

https://flightsim.to/file/12397/pipistrel-virus-sw121-ultra-colour-pack

SORj476i.png?width=1400&auto_optimize=me

There is also a "more transparent prop" mod:

https://flightsim.to/file/3623/6-propeller-mods-for-the-fs2020-premium-deluxe-edition

Edited by Glenn Fitzpatrick
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, styckx said:

It's literally the perfect low and slow GA aircraft yet no one wants to talk about it, mod it, do a paint kit, nothing. It's strange.. Any feedback from anyone?

Here's my feedback: why don't you take up the cause and right this wrong by making mods for this plane?

Love the SW121.  Flew it all the way across the US in the Cannonball Run and across Australia in the 2nd endurance race last month.

No mixture to mess with, ~128kts IAS cruise, nice aircraft.

• Like 3

AMD 3950X | 64GB RAM | AMD 5700XT | CH Fighterstick / Pro Throttle / Pro Pedals

Going through all the default planes to test the VR experience (and every one was great), this one stood out also for me. Glass to the bottom of the pants gives great side views.

6 hours ago, styckx said:

yet no one wants to talk about it, mod it, do a paint kit, nothing. 

Because we're trying to get away from the "virus". 😜

Also, it's so ugly. 

In fact, so underated that I even didn't know it existed. Checked myself and I don't even has installed it, neither I will.

Edited by edpatino

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

It is actually very good.  I am surprised at the quality of it.  I take it out for a spin around the Alps occasionally. 

Very rewarding and immersive to fly once you have adjusted your camera positions.

Edited by bobcat999
  • Like 1

Call me Bob or Rob, I don't mind, but I prefer Rob.

I like to trick airline passengers into thinking I have my own swimming pool in my back yard by painting a large blue rectangle on my patio.

Intel 14900K in a Z790 motherboard with water cooling, RTX 4080, 32 GB 6000 CL30 DDR5 RAM, W11 and MSFS on Samsung 980 Pro NVME SSD's.  Core Isolation Off, Game Mode Off.

Is it included with the Deluxe version, or only the Premium?

*EDIT: just looked it up and seems to be only in the Premium version. I have the Deluxe....what burns me about the different versions is that there's no fair upgrade pricing. It's as if you're paying full price for the sim all over again if you want to upgrade from Deluxe to Premium. How is that even a thing today?

Edited by hangar

1 hour ago, hangar said:

Is it included with the Deluxe version, or only the Premium?

*EDIT: just looked it up and seems to be only in the Premium version. I have the Deluxe....what burns me about the different versions is that there's no fair upgrade pricing. It's as if you're paying full price for the sim all over again if you want to upgrade from Deluxe to Premium. How is that even a thing today?

Hmph. I honestly didn't know. I forgot all about the tiered product versions and aircraft they include..  You're very correct though. They should offer a reasonable upgrade path.

ASUS ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING / i9-9900k @ 4.7 all cores w/ NOCTUA NH-D15S / 2080ti / 32GB G.Skill 3200 RIPJAWS / 1TB Evo SSD / 500GB Evo SSD /  2x 3TB HDD / CORSAIR CRYSTAL 570X / IPSG 850W 80+ PLATINUM / Dual 4k Monitors 

For those that don't know. Since it seems many aren't aware of it because it's a "premium version" plane.

It's essentially a powered glider of sorts but able to perform and cruise like a fleshed out GA aircraft

2WswbeY.png

wwyoZaj.jpg

Edited by styckx
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, edpatino said:

In fact, so underated that I even didn't know it existed. Checked myself and I don't even has installed it, neither I will.

It is premium.

it is actually very very good. it was my default low and slow scenery plane before I picked up one of the ultralights.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

It is premium

Yes, I know, I have the MSFS premium version, but not every aircraft is installed. It's just me but I don't want to fly aircraft with the wheels out, only exception would be the Caravan.

Cheers, Ed

MSFS Steam - Win10 Home x64 // Rig: Corsair Graphite 760T Full Tower - ASUS MBoard Maximus XII Hero Z490 - CPU Intel i9-10900K - 64GB RAM - MSI RTX2080 Super 8GB - [1xNVMe M.2 1TB + 1xNVMe M.2 2TB (Samsung)] + [1xSSD 1TB + 1xSSD 2TB (Crucial)] + [1xSSD 1TB (Samsung)] + 1 HDD Seagate 2TB + 1 HDD Seagate External 4TB - Monitor LG 29UC97C UWHD Curved - PSU Corsair RM1000x - VR Oculus Rift // MSFS Steam - Win 10 Home x64 - Gaming Laptop CUK ASUS Strix - CPU Intel i7-8750H - 32GB RAM - RTX2070 8GB - SSD 2TB + HDD 2TB // Thrustmaster FCS & MS XBOX Controllers

1 minute ago, edpatino said:

Yes, I know, I have the MSFS premium version, but not every aircraft is installed. It's just me but I don't want to fly aircraft with the wheels out, only exception would be the Caravan.

ah ..  I never use external view and rarely fly anything fast enough for it too matter so never really thought about it

Also none of the aircraft I ever flew in real life back in the day ever had RG so that is probably part of it.

• Like 1