Sign in to follow this  
regis9

Carenado Seneca Released

23 minutes ago, Glenn Fitzpatrick said:

Mooney for me -   so long as you are not in ALT hold mode already -- just set the altitude and hit the arm button.  It will default to a 500 fpm climb or 500 fpm descent to your selected altitude and then switch to hold mode. Really simple, select altitude and hit arm.

I think there are situations where you have been already on altitude hold where it may default to 0 fpm and you need to play with VS but that rarely happens for me. 

It may work better for me be because I have the gn530 mod installed ? Not sure.

No idea about the Seneca.

Did not know this, thanks  a lot sir.  Too bad the Seneca does not have this but wth its still a nice bird.  Maybe they will spring for the 'option' in one of their patches "hint, hint".

44 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

The Mooney autopilot confuses me. That is the altitude management. I select target altitude, then "ARM" then "ENGAGE" (if I remember correctly). I then fiddle with the clickspot to change to vertical speed and fiddle even more to set VS. I don't think it could be more cumbersome. 

Does the Seneca have a similar version? 

It has been so long since I flew the mooney , I forgot how the AP in e vertical mode works,..

Watch this video It explains it. 

Edited by Bobsk8

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

On 4/30/2021 at 7:08 PM, Dillon said:

The cockpit sounds in this bird reminds me of what Dreamfleet did years ago.  They modeled the internal sounds as it would sound if your wearing a headset.  Don't go by the Youtube video, you have to hear the sounds in your own sim.  Again the ground handling sounds need to be toned down a bit but that's about it. 

I'll add that the night lighting in the cockpit needs a tad bit of work. That forward panel needs to be lit up a bit more.  There's functioning dome lights but they don't light up the forward panel. The gauge back lighting is great but you can't see key knobs on the main panel at night.

The night lighting, especially the gauge backlighting is pretty horrible in vr too (just like the seminole). I also find the rudder OVERLY sensitive too(just like the seminole).

ROG MAXIMUS X HERO, Intel Core i7 8700K, 32 GB's 3200 RAM, Gigabyte RTX3080,

7 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

It has been so long since I flew the mooney , I forgot how the AP in e vertical mode works, other than there is one of the two buttons you should never press, ever...

Pretty much how it works for me, dial in an altitude and hit arm.  You only need to mess about with VS if you are unhappy with the default 500 fpm.

26 minutes ago, Bobsk8 said:

That really cleared up the confusion - thanks! 

So to recap:

1. select the desired altitude in the altitude pre-selector using the outer knob

2. press "arm" and it will climb/descend at +/-500fpm

3. select the middle part of the knob, then use the inner knob to adjust fpm

3. don't ever press the "eng" key unless you want to confuse things unnecessarily.. which is certainly what I've been doing. 

i9-12900KF @ 5.1GHz | MSI Trio Gaming X RTX4090 | MSI MPG Z690 Carbon EK X | G.Skill Trident Z5 32GB DDR5 | WD Black SN850 2TB SSD | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500GB SSD | 2x Samsung 960 EVO 500GB SSDs | Hela 850R Platinum PCIe 5.0 w/ 12VHPWR cable | Corsair RM750X | LG 77" OLED 3840x2160 | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind pedals | Thrustmaster TCA Captain Pack X Airbus Edition

“Intensify the forward batteries. I don’t want anything to get through”

4 minutes ago, Cpt_Piett said:

That really cleared up the confusion - thanks! 

So to recap:

1. select the desired altitude in the altitude pre-selector using the outer knob

2. press "arm" and it will climb/descend at +/-500fpm

3. select the middle part of the knob, then use the inner knob to adjust fpm

3. don't ever press the "eng" key unless you want to confuse things unnecessarily.. which is certainly what I've been doing. 

Yes, the eng button is just there to cause massive confusion. I never touch it. 

BOBSK8             MSFS 2020 ,    ,PMDG 737-600-800 FSLTL , TrackIR ,  Avliasoft EFB2  ,  ATC  by PF3  ,

A Pilots LIfe V2 ,  CLX PC , Auto FPS, ACTIVE Sky FS,  PMDG DC6 , A2A Comanche, Fenix A320, Milviz C 310

51 minutes ago, Matchstick said:

Do you know if the the HSI/GS indicator on this Seneca gives GS information when doing an RNAV approach ?

Hmmm.

Nope.

Not a user of HSI/GS, I just look out the window & pray the level of scenery blurring  =  the correct speed.😀

Some of the more sophisticated pilots might know.

T45

1 hour ago, Daytona125 said:

The night lighting, especially the gauge backlighting is pretty horrible

Is it horrible without VR, and what makes it bad in your opinion? Too bright? 

44 minutes ago, hangar said:

Is it horrible without VR, and what makes it bad in your opinion? Too bright? 

Without vr it seems to work way better than with vr . The back lit gauges are not evenly lit at al, there are almost bars of light over each of the gauges instead of a nice even light, like horizontal slats. 

1 hour ago, Daytona125 said:

Without vr it seems to work way better than with vr . The back lit gauges are not evenly lit at al, there are almost bars of light over each of the gauges instead of a nice even light, like horizontal slats. 

When you talk about gauges - which specifically are you talking about?; all the steam gauges are front lit; those little black nodules to the bottom or top left or right of the individual gauge are tiny torches - front lighting that particular HSI, Altimeter/ ASI, VSI, etc. So the beam tends to spread beyond the gauge itself and throw a little Bleed across the panel - but that's 100% accurate.

Of course the LCD gauges - AP/ Transponder, etc are back lit in green. Is that what you're complaining about?

Also remember, hide the yoke and there below it are three Dimmer switches that allow you to dim both the Gauge front lighting as well as the switch lighting and Avionics from 0 - 100. Up above on the Overhead - left and right of the main switches - are Rotaries that allow you to dim the brightness of the blue dome lights to your liking. Note the tiny beam of light on the right seat front door pillar as the Map Reader light - nice touch too.

If that isn't enough then turn the lot off and use ALT + L with the head torch because I've run out of ideas. For me, it's one of the most beautifully lit aircrafts at night.

I can see everything I need to see. The other night someone complained they couldn't see whether the Handbrake was set On or Off.

Well, you'll find that out when you try and taxi for goodness sake - if you haven't bothered with the Before Taxi Checklist.

Basically, all all aircraft manufacturers are trying to do - when they design the night lighting of their aircraft is to maintain/ preserve and increase - your night vision.

gfhfgh.jpg

Edited by Will Fly For Cheese
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, badgenes said:

Anyone know of a LittleNavMap profile for this a/c?

Not yet.

Working on it. I'll have something by the morning.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Will Fly For Cheese said:

When you talk about gauges - which specifically are you talking about?; all the steam gauges are front lit; those little black nodules to the bottom or top left or right of the individual gauge are tiny torches - front lighting that particular HSI, Altimeter/ ASI, VSI, etc. So the beam tends to spread beyond the gauge itself and throw a little Bleed across the panel - but that's 100% accurate.

Of course the LCD gauges - AP/ Transponder, etc are back lit in green. Is that what you're complaining about?

Also remember, hide the yoke and there below it are three Dimmer switches that allow you to dim both the Gauge front lighting as well as the switch lighting and Avionics from 0 - 100. Up above on the Overhead - left and right of the main switches - are Rotaries that allow you to dim the brightness of the blue dome lights to your liking. Note the tiny beam of light on the right seat front door pillar as the Map Reader light - nice touch too.

If that isn't enough then turn the lot off and use ALT + L with the head torch because I've run out of ideas. For me, it's one of the most beautifully lit aircrafts at night.

I can see everything I need to see. The other night someone complained they couldn't see whether the Handbrake was set On or Off.

Well, you'll find that out when you try and taxi for goodness sake - if you haven't bothered with the Before Taxi Checklist.

Basically, all all aircraft manufacturers are trying to do - when they design the night lighting of their aircraft is to maintain/ preserve and increase - your night vision.

gfhfgh.jpg

Sorry I wasn't very clear. In 2d the gauges are very nice all around like in this picture. When you are in VR the steam gauges are not nearly as nice, at least on my system using Oculus quest 2, the light for the steam gauges shows up with vertical lines,not even at all. I will try to do screen shot to put up here but I've never done one in VR before, hopefully I can do it.

31 minutes ago, Daytona125 said:

Sorry I wasn't very clear. In 2d the gauges are very nice all around like in this picture. When you are in VR the steam gauges are not nearly as nice, at least on my system using Oculus quest 2, the light for the steam gauges shows up with vertical lines,not even at all. I will try to do screen shot to put up here but I've never done one in VR before, hopefully I can do it.

https://postimg.cc/3yWYkRn3

Edited by Daytona125

5 hours ago, Daytona125 said:

there's a work around for fixing the clipping of the gauge lights in VR.  this is due to the small 'range=0.1' from the default asobo's LIGHT_ASOBO_Gauge.fx file. if it is adjusted to 0.165, the clipping disappears:

D:\MFS2020\Official\OneStore\fs-base-effects-legacy\effects\LIGHT_ASOBO_Gauge.fx
[LightAttributes.0]
Type=spot
Size=0.0
Range=0.165
Intensity=1.2
Softness=0.0
SpotInner=43.7
SpotOuter=79.152
Volumetric=0
ScatDir=0.0

i sent a tix to carenado about this a while back but they never bothered to fix it.  

• Like 2

i9-10900k @ 5.1GHz 32G XMP-3200 | RTX3090 | 3T m.2 | Win11 | vkb-gf ultimate & pedals | virpil cm3 throttle | 55" 4k UHDTV | HP R-G2 VR | DCS