Sign in to follow this  
Tom_L

Live weather accuracy significantly WORSE post 1.15.10 patch

1 minute ago, GSalden said:

Just checked here (Netherlands) and Live Weather marches what I see outside.

Hmmm, odd. What I'm seeing for northern europe in the sim seems to be the weather from 3 days ago - take a look.

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

Perhaps the issue is region dependent.,,

Edited by GSalden

13900 8 cores @ 5.5-5.8 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.3 GHz (hyperthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D4 - GSkill Ripjaws 2x 16 Gb 4266 mhz @ 3200 mhz / cas 13 -  Inno3D RTX4090 X3 iCHILL 24 Gb - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 1Tb - Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Thermaltake Level 10 GT case - EKWB Extreme 240 liquid cooling set push/pull - 2x 55’ Sony 4K tv's as front view and right view.

13600  6 cores @ 5.1 GHz / 8 cores @ 4.0 GHz (hypterthreading on) - Asus ROG Strix Gaming D - GSkill Trident 4x Gb 3200 MHz cas 15 - Asus TUF RTX 4080 16 Gb  - 1x SSD M2 2800/1800 2TB - 2x  Sata 600 SSD 500 Mb - Corsair D4000 Airflow case - NXT Krajen Z63 AIO liquide cooling - 1x 65” Sony 4K tv as left view.

FOV : 190 degrees

My flightsim vids :  https://www.youtube.com/user/fswidesim/videos?shelf_id=0&sort=dd&view=0

I don't know if I am just lucky, but in Italy it looks to be (much) better than before the patch. I will do more flights and time will tell...

18 minutes ago, lucianon said:

I don't know if I am just lucky, but in Italy it looks to be (much) better than before the patch. I will do more flights and time will tell...

Are you sure? Did you take a look at the map view and compared how clouds and precipitiation are situated on the globe compared to the current real maps on Meteoblue?

Because I just did and the weather is still showing data that is at least two days old.

I don't even look at individual airports any longer, I just glance at the map and compare the weather systems. If those don't match up with current real life weather, the local areas won't anyway.

Edited by Farlis

11 hours ago, cavaricooper said:

I keep hoping Asobo will concentrate on getting a base sim that is stable and efficient, with elemental simulation elements rendered appropriately (Weather, terrain and textures and airframe aerodynamics) BEFORE adding new feature sets that are mostly just more unfinished fluff.

Im not one of their bean counters, but I’m still hoping…

Good luck with this mate .... I would think that there is close to 2 million users of MSFS who are hoping for the same. 

Unfortunately for us. it appears issuing broken updates (unfinised fluff) is the priority at the moment.

Regards

Tony 

Tony Chilcott.

My System. Motherboard. ASRock Taichi X570 CPU Ryzen 9 3900x (not yet overclocked). RAM 32gb Corsair Vengeance (2x16) 3200mhz. 1 x Gigabyte Aorus GTX1080ti Extreme and a 1200watt PSU.

1 x 1tb SSD 3 x 240BG SSD and 4 x 2TB HDD

OS Win 10 Pro 64bit. Simulators ... FS2004/P3Dv4.5/Xplane.DCS/Aeroflyfs2...MSFS to come for sure.

2 minutes ago, Farlis said:

Are you sure? Did you take a look at the map view and compared how clouds and precipitiation are situated on the globe compared to the current real maps on Meteoblue?

Because I just did and the weather is still showing data that is at least two days old.

Yes, quite sure. It was cloudy (in real life) from long time till just few hours before, then cleared a lot, and the sim showed consistent few clouds. I did not check the whole globe, but only the small areas where I usually fly. 

19 minutes ago, lucianon said:

Yes, quite sure. It was cloudy (in real life) from long time till just few hours before, then cleared a lot, and the sim showed consistent few clouds. I did not check the whole globe, but only the small areas where I usually fly. 

Could be a coincidence if the weather was the same a few days ago.

1 hour ago, Farlis said:

Could be a coincidence if the weather was the same a few days ago.

the issue isn’t effecting everyone.

Edited by Tuskin38
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, LanceW said:

Same! Total joke of a game. KMTN now real world - lovely day with scattered clouds around 6K. Load up this GAME and see yesterday's lunch time weather of pouring rain.

So, even if the weather was a day off, this sim is a joke? Stop your whining.

Is it me me but I find this discussion a bit on the weird side ?

Many of us, a majority I'd say, want nothing more than to have some historical weather, at least over 24 h, to be able to synchronize weather and position of the sun. Not to fly during daylight with the 11 pm weather just because you fly far in a place from your own local time. 

We were told that was not feasible. I see now that Asobo implemented it by mistake, sees it as a bug  and some people complain to have it 🤣

• Upvote 1

Dominique

Simming since 1981 -  4770k@3.7 GHz with 16 GB of RAM and a 1080 with 8 GB VRAM running a 27" @ 2560*1440 - Windows 10 - Warthog HOTAS - MFG pedals - MSFS Standard version with Steam

@Dominique_K: Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems ASOBO has decided to return to actual weather. A moderator in the official forums just announced that "the team has made some changes" and it should now be aligned with the patch. I just checked and it seems indeed back to "normal".

Gigabyte Aorus Z390Master, i9-9900k @ 5.1 Ghz all cores, RTX 2080, 32 GB RAM

1 hour ago, Tom_L said:

@Dominique_K: Sorry to disappoint you, but it seems ASOBO has decided to return to actual weather. A moderator in the official forums just announced that "the team has made some changes" and it should now be aligned with the patch. I just checked and it seems indeed back to "normal".

Confirmed. KDAB was stormy yesterday, but clear today, and that's the sky condition that is being depicted. Wind, QNH, and temperature are spot on the METAR numbers.

Have a great weekend, everyone.

John Wiesenfeld KPBI | FAA PPL/SEL/IFR in a galaxy long ago and far away | VATSIM PILOT P2

i7-11700K, 32 GB DDR4 3.6 GHz, MSI RTX 3070ti, Dell 4K monitor

4 hours ago, Dominique_K said:

Is it me me but I find this discussion a bit on the weird side ?

Many of us, a majority I'd say, want nothing more than to have some historical weather, at least over 24 h, to be able to synchronize weather and position of the sun. Not to fly during daylight with the 11 pm weather just because you fly far in a place from your own local time. 

We were told that was not feasible. I see now that Asobo implemented it by mistake, sees it as a bug  and some people complain to have it 🤣

I would also be happy if ASOBO would provide historical weather, like Acive Sky does for P3D. It would be beneficial for repeating some training flights under identical RW weather conditions. But what is  more a concern, when loading a saved flight, I can't even access the weather settings.

- Harry 

i9-13900K (HT off, 5.5 GHz, Z690) - 32 GB RAM (DDR5 6400, CAS 34), RTX 3090Windows 11 Pro (1TB M.2) - MSFS 2020 (MS Store, on separate 4TB M.2).

It is much better for me, since this last update. Hope it will only improve from here. 

• Like 1

7800X3D@H170i // Msi RTX 4090 Trio // 32GB DDR5 6000mhz CL30 // 2TB + 1TB Nvme
Dell 27" 2127DGF - 1440p - Gsync - 165hz 
Thrustmaster TCA Sidestick Airbus // TCA Quadrant Airbus // TFRP T.Flight Rudder Pedals // Logitech Flight Multi Panel

I just looked at a current weather radar, established myself at KAGC in the Pittsburgh, Pa. area and checked.  Weather conditions in MSFS closely matched the current metar in regard to  wind speed and direction, temp, visibility, precip, clouds, and QNH. A great improvement over my experience yesterday at KESN.

ATIS continues to be an issue.  Dew point is always reported as 10.  Everywhere, all the time.  ATIS reports on cloud layers today are close in altitude but otherwise flawed.  KAGC current metar is 800 broken, 3,900 broken, 4,700 overcast.  ATIS is reporting a few clouds at 700, a few clouds at 4,600, and a few clouds at 11,000. 

Perhaps MSFS is pulling some information from the wrong field in the  Metroblue reports (see below).  Yes. The Metroblue has a column that states few clouds at 700ft.  But look at the metar code (which has updated vs what I wrote in the previous paragraph).  OVC at 3,800, which matches the conditon depicted in MSFS live weather.  Still some work to do. 

image.png.26871ebf0106cb3811801be0d2b74fcd.png

Weather will move out of the KACG area in a couple of hours.  Will be interesting to see how quickly the sim matches that change.

Edited by fppilot

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere