Sign in to follow this  
Guest vonVeezelsnider

FSX Patch?

>>We are working thru the set of tasks we identified for SP1,>>are getting closer to closure and a final test pass, and>>should have more to say as far as details in the next couple>>of weeks. >>>>In the UK a couple is two. Not four as of today?In his blog, Phil said "a couple of weeks" on the 31st (as apposed to the 20th here) so a couple of weeks is around the 14th.

>?? I am designing two airports for FSX (KSTL and MNMG), and>I don't have any problem doing it, either. The both look>GREAT and are just about finished.>>Round earth is rarely mentioned at FSDeveloper. It's mainly a>problem for old sceneries imported into FSX.>>>Rhett>>AMD 3700+ (@2310 mhz), eVGA 7800GT 256 (Guru3D 93.71), ASUS>A8N-E, PC Power 510 SLI, 2 GB Corsair XMS 2.5-3-3-8 (1T), WD>250 gig 7200 rpm SATA2, CoolerMaster Praetorian caseWell whatever the problem is that prevents the devs from using their own custom airport runways and taxiways and not the fsx defaults. There is some kind of problem that is preventing devs from releasing flight scenery portland type addons that was a big hubbub when it was released in october. I have not heard that this problem was fixed.

Copied from his blog.....................FSX Progress Update -SP1 and DX10 Its time for another update on FSX Progress. This is largely similar to what I posted on Avsim.com.SP1We are working thru the set of tasks we identified for SP1, are getting closer to closure and a final test pass, and should have more to say as far as details in the next couple of weeks. --------------------------------------------------------------Empty, disrespectful and sadly, unreliable words Victor.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest victorwest

>Copied from his blog.....................>>FSX Progress Update -SP1 and DX10 >Its time for another update on FSX Progress. This is largely>similar to what I posted on Avsim.com.>>SP1>>We are working thru the set of tasks we identified for SP1,>are getting closer to closure and a final test pass, and>should have more to say as far as details in the next couple>of weeks. >>-------------------------------------------------------------->>>Empty, disrespectful and sadly, unreliable words Victor.As I said, that was posted on his log on the 31st.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

>Copied from his blog.....................>>FSX Progress Update -SP1 and DX10 >Its time for another update on FSX Progress. This is largely>similar to what I posted on Avsim.com.>>SP1>>We are working thru the set of tasks we identified for SP1,>are getting closer to closure and a final test pass, and>should have more to say as far as details in the next couple>of weeks. >>-------------------------------------------------------------->>Empty, disrespectful and sadly, unreliable words Victor.Disrepectful? Huh?

Well you are entitled to your opinion as too, are we.The facts are that, it took longer to make this program than ever before for the others.After almost three years of development and turning out for purchase a simulator that is worse than the previous ones is just not value for money IMO.I will say that, visually in some aspects it's better but, Aces freely admitted that this one is aimed at the 'Gaming' market and that is *All* it is! A game.Long live FS9, the last REAL simulator.

Dave Taylor gb.png

Guest Tingoose

Dave wrote: "Long live FS9, the last REAL simulator." Very true. Maybe some little hope for FS11 but FS9 is the one that will be seen as the pinnacle of MSFS in the future.

Guest AkeldamaUK

It always was a game. It doesn't matter how high up in your virtual airline you are or whether you only play wearing a captain's hat, it's just a game. always has been, and there's nowt wrong with that.

Guest JackDanielsDrinker

It is a religion to some people.

We fixed the photo-scenery problem with a QFE last year. That is the issue that was talked about last October iirc.

>Dave wrote: "Long live FS9, the last REAL simulator." >>Very true. Maybe some little hope for FS11 but FS9 is the one>that will be seen as the pinnacle of MSFS in the future. "pinnacle of MSFS" Surley you jest. Craig ASUS A8N- nForce SLI Chipset SATA RAID Dual PCIe MOBOAMD ATHLON64 3500+ CPU w/ HT TechLG GWA-4161 DVD/CDSeagate ST3160811AS 160GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQSeagate ST3160811AS 250GB Barracuda 9 7200RPM 8MB SATA II 3Gb/s NCQEVGA 7950 GT KO PCIe 512mb nvodngov19147-[Guru3D.com] drivers SB Audigy 22G Corsair PC 3200 400MHZ Dual Channel DDR Super Alien 500W P/STrack IR3 w/vectorCH Yolk & RuddersFS Genesis Terrain MeshActive SkyRC4

According to my math, 2/14-1/31 == 2 weeks.I mean, come on please. Ignoring the fact that my math shows it as 2 weeks since my last post which matches up to what I said - if I am a day or 2 late it ought not to produce this sort of ad-hominem attack. Can we please not do this?

>I will say that, visually in some aspects it's better but,>Aces freely admitted that this one is aimed at the 'Gaming'>market and that is *All* it is! >Nope! :-hah The "gaming" market wouldn't appreciate the "feel". FSX has a lot more "feel" built into the sim, than a previous simulation known as FS9. :7 There would be no reason in programming additional feel with a changing airmass that includes updrafts, downdrafts, and thermals for the "gaming" crowd who wouldn't have a clue! Besides, since when does a gamer care if the world is "round" or not? :(To know what the "feel" is, it helps to have flown real aircraft for a while. Much of the "feel" is provided by the brain to fill in the gaps. These filled in gaps, change a one dimension monitor screen to a simulation, where changes in the air mass appears to be felt. FSX has improved on this very much; yet many around here don't seem to notice, or have not experienced it. I've therefor concluded that most simmers around here, have not flown an aircraft, since they just think FSX is some added "elephants"! :-lol L.Adamson

I certainly wouldn't be using Fsx if it was more "gamelike". I've never shown a loyalty to any sim except the one that brought the best reality at the time-and I've jumped ship from Ms1-4 to Ift Pro to Pro Pilot to the Fu series, xplane and Fly (and avoided the MSFS series until fs2000). It is the increased reality that had me jump ship from Fs9 to Fsx. Something better comes out I'll be jumping again-but right it is Fsx ! :-)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/geofa/pages/rxp-pilot.jpg

Guest PARADISE

I'm with L.Adamson on the "feel" aspect and how the brain fills in the gaps that a simulator cannot duplicate from real life. No simulator can produce exactly what it's like to do the real thing.As to whether MS flight simulators are games or not, I always thought that a game is something where a score of some kind is kept. In a game you either win, or not. Unless, of course, you consider chasing those elephants with your ultra-light a game :-hah John M